• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
2-3 shadow's in the one piece world grant a four times multiplier: "With it, your strength will swell up many times than it is now!!"
Luffy took one hundred shadows, so a 133.33... or 200 times multiplier. Base Luffy is 650 Kilotons, so Nightmare Luffy is 86.6 or 130 megatons.
  • We know the bare minimum for a shadow's multiplication is four times based off Lola's and her crew's knowledge.
  • That's based off taking 2-3 shadows, she initially believed Luffy could take ten times that (20-30) shadows, but he took one hundred.
  • So Nightmare Luffy grew at least greater than 4 times stronger, this gives a value of at least 2.6 megatons.
Considering Nightmare Luffy one-shot Moria, with every hit he knocked out Oars and the fact that the actual value is undoutedly far higher than 4 times greater I propose upscaling that value to baseline Low 7-B+, likely higher.

Don't think anyone scales to Nightmare Luffy so this should be simple in terms of scaling.

Last edited:
I think this is extrapolating a bit too much from the information we're given.

Oars is scaling in the vicinity of 1.3 Megatons. It doesn't make sense him to be withstanding these countless hits from Luffy if Luffy is scaling a whole 100 times higher than that value.

Same for Gecko Moria who survived a direct hit from Nightmare Luffy and recovered shortly afterwards, except Moria is scaling even lower than Oars does.

I think we need more evidence for a multiplier as big as 200 times multiplier. A 3-4x multiplier is one thing, but 200 requires more evidence.

I also don't see how this disproves the shadows being addition-based. You realize that the shadow's strength being added to the grunts in Lola's crew could both "add to their strength" and "multiply their strength"? The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Oars is scaling in the vicinity of 1.3 Megatons. It doesn't make sense him to be withstanding these countless hits from Luffy is Luffy is scaling a whole 100 times higher than that value.

Same for Gecko Moria who survived a direct hit from Nightmare Luffy and recovered shortly afterwards, except Moria is scaling even lower than Oars does.
Oar surviving is due to his immunity to pain, he shouldn't scale in durability to Nightmare Luffy at all considering how damaged he got by the regular straw hat's like Zoro.

Moria was one-shot, there was a bigger difference between Base Kaido and G4th Luffy during Act 1 (6-B - 6-C), surviving afterwards and regaining conciousness after some time doesn't mean the person who one-shot someone shouldn't scale to that value.

Oar surviving is due to his immunity to pain, he shouldn't scale in durability to Nightmare Luffy at all considering how damaged he got by the regular straw hat's like Zoro.

Moria was one-shot, there was a bigger difference between Base Kaido and G4th Luffy during Act 1 (6-B - 6-C).
Immunity to pain doesn't make a body invulnerable.

Moria was one-shot, there was a bigger difference between Base Kaido and G4th Luffy during Act 1 (6-B - 6-C), surviving afterwards and regaining conciousness after some time doesn't mean the person who one-shot someone shouldn't scale to that value.

I don't think our site's ratings can be used to justify things like that. If - for whatever reason - Kaido was changed to 6-C, or Luffy was changed to 6-B, then that large gap that you're talking about wouldn't exist anymore. Our ratings aren't set in stone.

So it doesn't make sense to me to say "There was a bigger gap between these two other characters, so it should be okay to ignore scaling here too."

Why does luffy need a nightmare key? Isn't this one of the one time never gonna happen again powerup?
But well I don't really know much on this

I don't think our site's ratings can be used to justify things like that. If - for whatever reason - Kaido was changed to 6-C, or Luffy was changed to 6-B, then that large gap that you're talking about wouldn't exist anymore. Our ratings aren't set in stone.

So it doesn't make sense to me to say "There was a bigger gap between these two other characters, so it should be okay to ignore scaling here too."
My point is just because there's a big gap between a character who got one-shot by another character doesn't mean said character who did the one-shotting shouldn't scale to that value.

A One-shot is supposed to signify a massive difference between two characters, it's supposed to show that two characters aren't comparable. I'm not sure why you're trying to use it as a way of saying there isn't a massive difference.
White eyes does not necessarily signify a K.O. Kaido got white eyes when hit by Gear 3 Luffy, but he wasn't K.O'd.
I'm comparing this based off the combat at that point in the manga, when the strawhats were knocked out by Oars their eyes had the same whited out effect as seen with Franky and Chopper, whatever Oda's opinion/usage is on the effect in the current story doesn't really mean much.

Last edited:
is this implying that nightmare luffy is above the verse?
If so I don't think so
Oars level characters were getting stomped in one piece causally in Wano arc.

is this implying that nightmare luffy is above the verse?
If so I don't think so
Oars level characters were getting stomped in one piece causally in Wano arc.
How is it implying that at all? This is about getting a rating for Nightmare Luffy.

Re-posting this bit:

I don't see how this disproves the shadows being addition-based. You realize that the shadow's strength being added to the grunts in Lola's crew could both "add to their strength" and "multiply their strength"? The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I also quote this bit from the Multipliers page:

However, a good statement alone is not enough to get a high multiplier accepted. The amount of extra evidence one has to provide to get larger multipliers accepted is proportional to the size of the multiplier. For lower multipliers, like things much less than times 100, evidence can take the form of a clear increase in combat strength against priorly equal or superior opponents. For higher multipliers, like times 100 and above, the importance of stronger evidence, such as feats displaying power of a similar magnitude as the value the multiplier points to or the multipliers importance to the plot of the story, and a higher amount of evidence becomes increasingly necessary.

For a 200 times increase of Luffy's strength (especially a 200 times multiplier that isn't directly stated), I need to see more evidence for it.

Btw

That first underlined sentence is just talking about the abilities. As you can't "multiply" abilities, it's being added into his repertoire (verbatim).

While his actual AP is the one being multiplied.

They split it on the law of shadows and how there's a difference between added abilities and multiplied strength

For a 200 times increase of Luffy's strength (especially a 200 times multiplier that isn't directly stated), I need to see more evidence for it.
Fair enough then, since there are rules on high multipliers I'll propose a low ball instead:
  • We know the bare minimum for a shadow's multiplication is four times based off Lola's and her crew's knowledge.
  • That's based off taking 2-3 shadows, she initially believed Luffy could take ten times that (20-30) shadows, but he took one hundred.
  • So Nightmare Luffy grew at least greater than 4 times stronger, this gives a value of at least 2.6 megatons.
Considering Nightmare Luffy one-shot Moria, with every hit he knocked out Oars and the fact that the actual value is undoutedly far higher than 4 times greater I propose upscaling that value to baseline Low 7-B+.

Considering Nightmare Luffy one-shot Moria, with every hit he knocked out Oars and the fact that the actual value is undoutedly far higher than 4 times greater I propose upscaling that value to baseline Low 7-B+.

"Low 7-B+", or even "Low 7-B+, likely higher" both sound better to me than the proposal in the OP.

Well, I'm fine with the proposal in the OP as it is now.

Probably need at least another staff member though.

Quick question b4 I agree or not

Would G3rd Luffy scale via harming Oars more than Nightmare did?

Personally I'd disagree since the whole breaking the spine stuff was done through Chopper's strategy which made it possible.
I agree with Emin here.

The reason Gear 3 was able to do a critical damage on Oars was because of the strategy they pulled off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back