• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nicol Bolas vs the God Emperor of Mankind

@Loyal

The problem with the Emperor's Low-Godly regen (to my knowledge) is that as a Perpetual, he has to die first before it kicks in and that this process takes time as evidenced in Vulkan Lives when Curze killed Vulkan all throughout the book. Enough time passed that Curze was able to devise multiple ways of tormenting/killing Vulkan and implement them before Vulkan fully awakened/revived. If Bolas does kill the Emperor, yes, Emp's regen will kick in but during the time his body is reviving itself, Bolas could do any number of things to him.

He could retreat/leave, make preparations if he notices that his enemy is seemingly coming back to life (something Bolas himself has done) or BFR his reassembling corpse.

I've done this match before, and I hope someone else comments, because it is hella interesting, where I have no idea who would win.

I had a similar thread with Emrakul instead of Nicol. Hopefully both threads get replies.

As for this match, I'm not really sure. The argument about TGEoM's Low-Godly regen being the sole reason he wins is kinda null due to C2's reasoning. Plus, Nicol has Mid-Godly regen.

The Emperor can nullify Mid-Godly Regen by erasing you on every possible level and plane of existence.

Also, Mindwipe won't do much to The Emperor considering that he can Mindhax an entire Galaxy worth of people, and also can't be affected by the Chaos Gods' Mind Powers.

This is Emrakul vs EOM 1.1.

It boils down to who has the better mind hax along with reality warping cheese. If we assume that their reality warping is equal then for their mind hax I think it will come down to feats, I know that the EOM has some amazing feats but I am unaware of Nicol Bolas feats for mind hax except for him making Tezz his servant and destroying Jace that one time, but even then thats only single target mind hax feats. If anyone knows of any mental feats for Nicol Bolas then that would be great.

From what I can gather and dig up for Bolas include some things that I had forgotten about and some I didn't even know.

Bolas' talent for telepathy is enough for him not only change personalities like he did with Tezzeret but to even create a kind of mental sentry in another's mind that can actively communicate with the implantee and even cause them massive amounts of pain should they disobey Bolas. It should be noted that this was a clone of Bolas who was nowhere near the original's level of power or intelligence who inflicted this on Tezzeret. Same weaker clone could also read the minds of several different people at once and knock them out at the same time. Jace Beleren was among those people on that occasion.

Also, we have to remember that Jace is an amazing telepath, one of the most powerful in the MtG multiverse. He was capable of destroying the mind of a telepatchic sphinx (sphinxes are, by their nature, one of the most intelligent species in the MtG multiverse) to the point said sphinx even forgot how to breath. Jace did that at the age of 15. Jace has resisted the influnece of Emrakul and was even complimented for it. And Jace is considered fodder in the face of Bolas.

Now, I'm not going to say that Bolas can mindhax the Emperor, I'm just saying that I don't think that the Emperor can touch Bolas with telepathy or at very least, not easily.

Also, looking into Bolas' abilities, apparantly he has got a lot of sub-persona's in his head. These personas manage all of Bolas' skills, thus allowing him to throw many different spells and powers at once without having to really concentrate on them. It's supposedly how he was able to telepathically speak with Jace, communicate with his minions that were going to ambush Jace and Tezz and keep them cloaked at the same the time without any loss in preformance.

Please take the above paragraph with a grain of salt because while it makes sense and I do believe Bolas would be capable of doing something like that, I can't find a proper source for it, so I'm inclined to just say that Bolas is that good a magic.

After thinking on this I'm leaning more towards bolas, mostly due to knowledge. And if all else fails he can go to another plane, make a plan and go back and probably win that way. Though I doubt either could fully kill the other so . . . . High difficulty bolas worst case scenario inconclusive.

I'm also going add bolas is more likely to have a plan to face someone like empty than he does bolas.

Back