• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
"Nickelodeon icons"? where the heck is Drake & Josh and Otis?

Well, spongebob has a bit of an edge with NPI, but even then how can he prevent possession?

Danny should take this with mid diff at most.

Danny has a decent AP and Durability advantage thanks to being in the upper border of 8-A and can amp his attacks to the point where he will easily manhandle Spongebob.

Danny has superior Regenerationn and thanks to his durability, forcefields, body control, Spongebob is gonna have trouble hurting him. Danny however can easily harm Spongebob and his Regenerationn isn't gonna help against Mind and Soul attacking.

In terms of combat, Spongebob has Martial Arts so he's a better hand to hand combatant but Danny has more combat experience as far as I'm aware given his repeated brawls against his villains. Danny sometimes tries to catch his foes off guard, going underground and firing a blast that phases through it and hits his opponent from underneath or shooting a ball of ectoplasm that bursts into a bright light to blind his foes but he only did the blinding thing once.

Spongebob possesses decent hax but he isn't going to use it right at the start. Danny however uses his hax in combat and he uses Possession against non ghost opponents on several occasions and with no solid resistance, spongebob is doomed.

Spongebob has dealt with possession before so that won't be anything new to him. aNe can teleport so forcefields won't work. Danny won't be manhandling Spongebob anytime soon thanks to his skills and Regen. Plus, Spongebob has repeatedly fought and occasionally beat Sandy so he had some experience on his hands as well.

When has Spongebob delt with Possession like Danny's let alone on his level? You can't just claim this without proof. I don't see resistance to it on his profile so until then, he gets possessed.

When has Spongebob teleported in combat?. Also you clearly weren't paying attention because I've already stated that Sponebob's Regenerationn is usless against mind and soul attacks. Unless you think he has strong enough resistance?.

Even if Spongebob did teleport past Danny's forcefield, what is he gonna do, tickle him with his blows?. Danny has taken beatings from people on his level so Spongebob isn't going to do much. Spongebob will be manhandled do to the gap in strength and while Spongebob is a good fighter. His AP is to low to cause Danny any real pain especially with Danny's Regenerationn. All Danny really needs is one good hit and Sponebob is done for.

The Flying Dutchman had tried to possess him but just ended up getting driven out.

Spongebob teleported to Mrs. Puff when she stole his boat mobile and to The Tattletale Strangler while pursuing him. And I think Spongebob is fine when it comes to mind attacks. Though where's the soul attacks coming from?

Spongebob has enough durability to absorb Danny's blows with little difficulty. I don't think he's going to have too many problems with Danny when it comes to CQC, plus they're both in their 8-A forms.

That doesn't prove he resists Danny's Possession at all unless you can prove it. Possession has different types.

That isn't in combat though. In his fights, he doesn't use it as far as I know. Regardless, I already explained that it matter since he can't do much of any damage to him given Danny's higher durability, body control and Regenerationn. Also, Danny's force fields are very small, even the dome he makes is small so Spongebob would end up right next to Danny which is bad for him because Possession. Soul attacking is on his page, ghosts attacks can hit the mind and soul.

Spongebob doesn't have enough durability to absorb Danny's punches. At best you could argue Spongebob's physiology will absorb some of the damage but that has proven inconsistent since Spongebob's physiology doesn't always kick in, he's been harmed and not harmed by physical blows before so it isn't really a valid argument in any case. Them being in the same tier isn't a good reason given Danny is not only in the upper boarder of 8-A, his feat was done in the first episode of the show and has since gotten stronger. He can amp himself to the point where he literally matched and overpowered the Fright Knight who was easily manhandling him no diff and took Danny's blows without even flinching. Season 2 8-A Danny is stronger than season 1 episode 1 Danny so yeah, Spongebob will be getting damaged and will be manhandled if Danny amps. Also, Danny's blasts pack the same power as his punches so Danny can just use those if Spongebob somehow manage to start shrugging of his punches.

Also, can Spongebob see invisible beings? Because I don't see the ability on his page. Danny just turns invisible and beats him up if Spongebob can't see him.

SpongeBob remained conscious from getting destroyed by people much stronger than he is. More times than not he's taken beatings with a smile on his face and managed to outlast his opponents. Danny's blows don't do much to Spongebob except delay the inevitable.

Spongebob can also turn him into a jar of mayonnaise if it really comes to that.

Okay, that's genuinely funny

Yes but you can't just outright ignore his inconsistencies regarding his physiology but whatever, let's completely ignore it as it isn't even matter. What in gods name is saving him from Possession, Durability Negating attack and the Ghostly Wail which will completely negate his Regenerationn abilities?. Spongebob has more stamina but Danny won't need to put much effort into his attacks and this fight won't last more than a day.

When has Spongebob ever turned someone into a Jar of mayonnaise in battle or consistently in character?. Also Danny has Biological Manipulation on a molecular level so that's not gonna stop him, he'll just turn back.

Since when has Danny's ghostly wail been able to negate Regenerationn? He can only do it once in season 2 so that's a huge risk. Spongebob has driven The Flying Dutchman out of his body unintentionally so I say that's good enough to ward out the possession. He was also fully aware when Plankton took over his body so I don't know how that will do much good. The mind attacks will just get tanked by Spongebob though I do admit the soul attacks might be an issue since it was never stated his Spongebob does against soul attacks.

Sppongebob turned Patrick to a jar of mayonnaise when he requested it. Even if that doesn't work there's no way Danny is winning the war of attrition with Spongebob who can create dozens of clones who would proceed to initiate Danny.

Spongebob doesn't use a lot of his hax, like Transmutation, in-character. Yes, he did so to Patrick when he requested it, but he's never done it in combat.

Even so, it's still very much a possibility. Danny's able to manipulate his body due to his ectoplasmic biology. If he's converted from ectoplasm to A jar of mayonnaise there won't really be a way for him to come back from it.

He used it to turn Pat into a jar of mayonnaise and to convert a fire proof suit into actual flames. But yeah, teleportation is one of his go tos.

"He can only do it once in season 2 so that's a risk".

He used it twice against Dan before getting tired and in The Fright Before Christmas episode he used it about 3 times in repeatedly against the army of tree monsters. So no, he can do it more than once in season two and note that he can regulate how much power he puts into this move. Yes, no matter what it will take a lot of his energy but it will instantly give him the win because Spongebob is not surviving it given even Danny's weakest Ghostly Wail is more than Spongebob can take.

Dan's Ghostly Wail injured several ghosts and they got crippled and could no longer regenerate. Danny's Ghostly Wail is the same. He even left Johnny 13 Shadow in a state it didn't regenerate from so yeah, Spongebob isn't getting back up.

You need to understand that Spongebob doesn't have the needed resistance to stop Danny's Possession. Him being aware that his body was being controlled by Plankton is useless since he was still being controlled and Danny has possessed people with resistance to Mind Manipulation so Spongebob is not winning against Danny's possession with what he has showm.

Spongebob can make dozens of clones and do what, beat him to death?. We've been over this before. Danny's more powerful than Spongebob by a decent amount if you take into account the scaling chain and amp. They won't be doing any real damage, his Regenerationn will neg out any minor damage they will do. Plus force fields.

I'm gonna say this and that will be it for me for a while since I'm busy. Let's say Spongebob's physiology negates Danny's physical blows to the point were he won't do much damage. This does not change the fact that his ecto attacks will be hitting Spongebob's mind and soul so his phsiology is out the window. His resistance to Possession is not enough either without proper feats putting the flying dutchmen on Danny's level in Possession. Danny has already possessed people with resistance to Possession so Spongebob's resistance is not saving him. Let's say Spongebob opens with Transmutation or Duplication. Danny's Body Control will allow him to change back no problem and if he sees dozens of Spongebob's that will lead him to quickly use the Ghostly Wail which will result in all of the getting wiped out just like the army of tree ghosts.

I'm not saying Danny's just gonna fly over and slap him once and win. I even stated he'll have some difficulty winning.

Danny's been shown repeatedly to be beat down badly enough to revert back to human form. Vlad literally punches him out of ghost form on one occasion. Danny has also been shown to revert to human form after one ghostly wail.

That was Dans ghostly wail Who's way stronger than Danny. His ghostly wail doesn't even dismember any of the ghosts he uses it against. Plus, Spongebob has survived being a disembodied voice so that won't die much good.

https://youtu.be/fhJTycFekQs

Tucker had gotten hit with an echo ray and suffered no kind of mental or soul damage so I have no clue where that's coming from.

Danny's body control works due to his ectoplasmic biology which would be completely converted to whatever Spongebob desired. I already agreed that Spongebob wouldn't do this in a normal encounter so that point is useless.

SpongeBobs body is also extremely acrobatic so I see him dodging most of what Danny throws at him unless Danny catches him with a lucky shot. I'm not saying Spongebob takes it no diff either. Danny is physically superior to him so it's mostly going to be a competition of who can break who down the fastest.

Spongebob isn't strong enough to beat Danny out of his Ghost form like Vlad. He scales to 216 Tons while Danny is far stronger than his Season 1 self who performed a 737 To feat.

Also Tucker Foley resists Biological Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, and Soul Manipulation so that explains why he tanked a Ghost Ray.

Danny is not that much weaker in human form than in ghost form. The reason Vlad knocked him out of his ghost form was because Vlad is far! Superior.

Some humans in Danny Phantom are far stronger than normal people which is shown many times. They have tanked attacks from ghosts and ghosts can effect the mind and soul with their attacks. Thus they have resistance. Here is the thread discussing humams that scale to ghosts. Here is the thread discussing mind, soul and biological stuff.

Dan and Danny's Ghostly Wail's can do internal damage. The fact that Shadow couldn't properly reform himself even though he has show incredible Regenerationn proves it negs Regenerationn. Ghosts have Regenerationn above Spongebob so he will not heal.

Here's a blog I made about ghosts in Danny Phantom. It's incomplete and messy tho.

Type 2 immortality, plus Spongebobs shapeshifting might bypass that Regenerationn negation. It's not like SpongeBobs gonna sit down and take the attacks, but on that same note Danny won't be sitting down and taking the blows either. He could very well win this if he possess Spongebob and idk force him to knock himself out or BFR's him.

If Spongebob can create an army of Sand-men and force Danny to do a full scale ghostly wail he could take it. I think SpongeBobs teleportation plays a huge advantage in this fight. But then again, Spongebob isn't gonna fight to kill so that could also give Danny the advantage. I still think the Sponge takes it.

In an episode, Mrs. Puff gave Spongebob his boating liscence then later stood his boat. He was actively pursuing her before he teleported to her and began to land blows on her.

That's the one, i'm still curious on how SpongeBob would handle soul attacks seeing as mental ones would get shrugged off rather easily.

I don't know if they would. I don't expect the guy who got reduced to nothing and survive to suddenly be destroyed by some attacks to his soul. But that's just me.

That... isn't how that works.

Spongebob has Mid-High Regenerationn, meaning even him reduced to dust or vapor he'd reform. But to survive your soul being destroyed you'd need Mid-Godly.

How strong is Spongebob's resistance to mind manipulation anyway?. Ghosts in Danny Phantom scale to At least hundreds to thousands at minimum.

Spongebob laughed off Plankton's jerktonium while eating dozens and dozens of it, which instantly made all of Bikini Bottom subject to him, so basically city level-ish mindhax

Back