• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl Discussion Thread

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
27409c3c9775e324b5cffc7c693abb8b5a7ac34ea5f031bf706603e94674ccd7

General discussion for all things related to the Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl series.​

Following, happening to own both games on my PlayStation 5. Even if they're not in NASB2, I feel like Leo and Mikey could be mentioned on a intelligence section as students alongside their brothers (or at least only in their own profiles).

Would be nice if there were any bios available but, I'd appreciate if anyone were to dig around for all the dialogue options to indicate something related to skill for the characters.

Feels like All-Star Brawl 2 has really shafted Avatar fans. Toph got removed in favor of Azula (who I've never really been a fan of) and Korra's voice actor got changed. And according to leaks for the dlc Zuko and Iroh will be joining the cast. That's THREE firebender characters and zero Earth representation. And still no new Korra characters.

It won’t be consistent if supers were non canon since all we would have is a character arrogantly saying they mess with worlds. All the bosses specifically have animations dedicated to being purely cocky and thus their word is extremely poor.

The slime meter is canon, but that doesn’t mean the supers are canon just that they can enhance their strength.

The only other feat I can find is the flying Dutchman summoning lightning (but he doesn’t hit opponents with it) and the explosive barrels he ignites with the lightning. Which would contradict the lightning since it definitely isn’t a ton of tnt from both the barrel size to its explosion.

Unfortunately, it’s the same reason mk and guilty gear both don’t go absolutely crazy with their tiers and speeds. Super moves, fatalities, and instant kills and stuff aren’t used.

As much as I thought they would be 3-A upon first hearing the games plot, it’s unfortunately not ap related for Vlad. He’s got a universe mind controlling machine, which is what the initial threat was. And the physical 3-A threat came from the machine exploding, which scales to nobody. The explosion was stopped and reverted with time manipulation so that also doesn’t scale to anyone. Though that does mean Vlad has 3-A environmental destruction and, if given prep, mind manipulation that can control the universe (though I’m 50/50 on that because it’s heavily implied it would always explode not just because he fired it prematurely).

Yeah they’ll definitely still be able to have profiles, it just does suck that the game has so many higher feats that happen to be completely unusable.

I mean, all that changes is the ap, it’s not a drastically large redo, just a bit of a jarring and disappointing one.

Sorry for the late response, I was busy yesterday. I’ve seen that line before and it means very little. Super moves are inherently none canon unless they in particular are shown and stated in the story to happen. Blazblue had a similar statement (if not clearer one at that) on astral finishes and only the ones in the cutscene are counted.

Those have been the rules for like probably over half a decade now. I do get how they can get a bit finicky with fighting games with practically no story like this game, but 95% of the game fighting games contradict their super moves constantly and they don’t line up with what happens in the games at all.

In BlazBlue and stuff, I get it because there’s a strict level of power and there being a more strict story with established world-building. But this is a game where every single fighter is required to fight each other and are on the same level. Final Smashes haven’t been susceptible to the same scrutiny, and I think NASB should follow the same logic.

I personally think smash bros is just inconsistent with it and needs to be brought up to speed with how other fighting games do it. Currently Sephiroth’s is non canon, for good reason, everyone else’s should be too. Remember smash bros is a stupidly old verse, it’s out of date in general.

Then what about Under Night In-Birth? Their rating currently comes from one of Wagner’s supers, I believe. Would that just take away their status as well?

If it does it should absolutely be downgraded, Blazblue got downgraded for pretty much the same reason. Though there could be a statement in that series confirming that particular super was canon. Though if there isn’t I’ll downgrade that after I finish my school semester.

Honestly, looking back over some versus I love too, our site is horribly inconsistent with it, so I do need to make a thread over that. Sorry about that guys, but this site sucks at times (purely I mean nobody can decide on anything concrete any more and this site contradicts itself a million times) so I want to at least try to straighten that up.

I’ve been repeatedly told there not by other staff. So I’ll make a thread on that later this week. I’ve absolutely have had different staff members tell me contradictory information before.

Back