• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

News and Announcements Guidelines (STAFF ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure? It'd be a reasonable safety metric, especially from the stuff mentioned below:
I also think that posting threads (not commenting on them, I'm sure XenForo supports that) in there should be restricted to staff members, not only is this baiting misuse especially from sockpuppets, regular users shouldn't have the right to highlight whatever they want without a good reason, and at that point they should ask an staff member for approval.

I know some of this may seem a bit excessive, but imagine if any user could just "pin" in the wiki anything they want, it's detrimental at best.
Plus I recall I've already pointed out that advertisements to off-site stuff is forbidden by Fandom, so it'd also help to ensure the forum remains affiliated properly with the main wiki (namely by preventing misuse on this area from regular users).

I suppose that seems like valid points.

What do the other staff members here think?

I think this is a gigantic worrywart crusade that doesn't really have any reason for existing. If members get confused, just explain. It takes 20 seconds to do so. Maybe make an announcement thread regarding the new guidelines, at worst.

If you want an example of how this'll go, just look at the Staff Discussion board's problems. Spoilers: there are none, as far as I've seen in my years here. Users have enough common sense to ask for perms there the vast majority of the time, and when they don't, it's hardly a massive matter.

And excluding regular users entirely from the announcement board is something I wholly disagree with.

Well, we have already expanded on our instruction texts for these sub-forums, but I agree about that regular members should not be excluded from our news and announcements sub-forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back