• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New SI Prefixes But They're OFFICIAL This Time: Ronna- and Quetta-

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize, but I may need clarification just to be sure. Could you please specify which specific outdated prefixes we should be searching for within our verse pages and/or the associated blogs?
Any unit that contains "nina" or "tena" would need to be searched out so that they can be replaced.
So e.g. Ninatons, Tenatons, Tenakilotons, Tenamegatons, Tenagigatons etc.

I apologize, but I may need clarification just to be sure. Could you please specify which specific outdated prefixes we should be searching for within our verse pages and/or the associated blogs?
Any unit that contains "nina" or "tena" would need to be searched out so that they can be replaced.
@Elizhaa @Starter_Pack @Colonel_Krukov @LordGriffin1000 @Shadowbokunohero @Crazylatin77 @Jvando @Zaratthustra @Just_a_Random_Butler @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX @Dereck03

Since there official, the changing them seems fine.

They look fine.

Don't know if I can help out with this part, I'm still busy irl.

Ujum, we already know what to look for, but replace them with what exactly? Some other unit of measure, please clarify.

Wait, looking at DT's revision, what needs to be replaced would be:

Ninatons by Ronnatons.
Tenatons by Quettatons.
TenaexaFoe by QuettaexaFoe.

Is that correct?
Basically, although there might be some rare calcs that have Tena[something]Foe which would go to Quetta[something]Foe then.

This task is not in my priorities, tho I am attentive to replace the corresponding measure units if I find them.

Thi it should be noted that this is very difficult since we do not have specific profiles where these units are located, or at least that's what I think.

How many profiles have Pre-Stellar and Stellar Lifting Strength? Because the values almost totally line up with just extending the current LS values to include R and Q, so if Pre-Stellar and Stellar were replaced with Class R and Class Q LS, then it'd just be a matter of replacing Pre-Stellar with Class R and Stellar with Class Q.

Kilogram (force)
Metric tons (force)
Newton
Explanation
Class Y
10^24 - 10^2710^21 - 10^249.81x10^24 - 9.81x10^27The weight of larger planets.
Pre-Stellar
10^27 - 2x10^29​
10^24 - 2x10^26​
9.81x10^27 - 1.962x10^30​
The weight a solid object can reach before the gravitational collapse to a small star.​
Stellar
2x10^29 - 3.977x10^32​
2x10^26 - 3.977x10^29​
1.962x10^30 - 3.9x10^33​
The weight of a smaller star up to the weight of stars at the theoretical accretion limit.​
Multi-Stellar
3.977x10^32 - 1.6x10^423.977x10^29 - 1.6x10^393.9x10^33 - 1.569x10^43The weight of stars at the theoretical accretion limit to the mass of the Milky Way.

to-

Kilogram (force)
Metric tons (force)
Newton
Explanation
Class Y
10^24 - 10^2710^21 - 10^249.81x10^24 - 9.81x10^27The weight of larger planets.
Class R
10^27 - 10^3010^24 - 10^279.81x10^27 - 9.81x10^30The weight a solid object can reach before the gravitational collapse to a small star.
Class Q
10^30 - 10^3310^27 - 10^309.81x10^30 - 9.81x10^33The weight of a smaller star up to the weight of stars at the theoretical accretion limit.
Multi-Stellar
10^33 - 1.6x10^4210^30 - 1.6x10^399.81x10^33 - 1.569x10^43The weight of stars at the theoretical accretion limit to the mass of the Milky Way.

It helps that Stellar LS usually isn't gotten from a calculation, but just from moving the Sun, which weighs enough (1.989 × 10^27 tonnes) to be in Class Q.

I think that our current naming conventions are better/easier to understand, and that nothing is gained by spending lots of work on this suggested project.

I think that our current naming conventions are better/easier to understand, and that nothing is gained by spending lots of work on this suggested project.
If being easier to understand was the main objective of the current naming convention of Lifting Strength, then they would've used "Planetary" instead of Class Y, "Dwarf Planet" instead of Class Z, and so on.

The naming convention of the Lifting Strength System is that each category is named after the number of tons it goes up to- Class 1 goes up to 1 ton, Class 5 up to 5 tons, Class 10 up to 10, Class 25 up to 25, Class 50 to 50, and Class 100 goes to 100 tons, but then it goes to Class K.
  • Class K as in Kilo, or 1000, which goes up to 1000 tons.
  • Class M is for Mega, or a million,
  • Class G is for Giga, or a billion,
  • Class T is for Tera, or a trillion,
  • Class P is for Peta, or a quadrillion,
  • Class E is for Exa, or a quintillion,
  • Class Z is for Zetta, or a sex/sestillion,
  • And Class Y is for Yotta, or a septillion tons.
The "explanations" for the borders are completely unrelated to the actual values, and just there for close-enough reference points. The only reason it then switches to "Pre-Stellar" and "Stellar" is because at that point the system ran out of prefixes. It's more consistent having Class R and Class Q after Class Y than Pre-Stellar and Stellar.

One could argue that nothing was gained by changing "Class" to "level" for Striking Strength, but that's wrong, because what was gained was more consistency with the rest of the system, and the same applies here.

Well, I still maintain that this change would leave us slightly worse off than before in terms of intuitively understood readability, and that it definitely isn't worth the massive amounts of work involved, so I am afraid that you suggestion has been rejected. My apologies.

If being easier to understand was the main objective of the current naming convention of Lifting Strength, then they would've used "Planetary" instead of Class Y, "Dwarf Planet" instead of Class Z, and so on.

The naming convention of the Lifting Strength System is that each category is named after the number of tons it goes up to- Class 1 goes up to 1 ton, Class 5 up to 5 tons, Class 10 up to 10, Class 25 up to 25, Class 50 to 50, and Class 100 goes to 100 tons, but then it goes to Class K.
  • Class K as in Kilo, or 1000, which goes up to 1000 tons.
  • Class M is for Mega, or a million,
  • Class G is for Giga, or a billion,
  • Class T is for Tera, or a trillion,
  • Class P is for Peta, or a quadrillion,
  • Class E is for Exa, or a quintillion,
  • Class Z is for Zetta, or a sex/sestillion,
  • And Class Y is for Yotta, or a septillion tons.
The "explanations" for the borders are completely unrelated to the actual values, and just there for close-enough reference points. The only reason it then switches to "Pre-Stellar" and "Stellar" is because at that point the system ran out of prefixes. It's more consistent having Class R and Class Q after Class Y than Pre-Stellar and Stellar.

One could argue that nothing was gained by changing "Class" to "level" for Striking Strength, but that's wrong, because what was gained was more consistency with the rest of the system, and the same applies here.
Yeah, that change isn't even remotely worth the work involved.

Ujum, we already know what to look for, but replace them with what exactly? Some other unit of measure, please clarify.

Wait, looking at DT's revision, what needs to be replaced would be:

Ninatons by Ronnatons.
Tenatons by Quettatons.
TenaexaFoe by QuettaexaFoe.

Is that correct?
Basically, although there might be some rare calcs that have Tena[something]Foe which would go to Quetta[something]Foe then.
This task is not in my priorities, tho I am attentive to replace the corresponding measure units if I find them.

It should be noted that this is very difficult since we do not have specific profiles where these units are located, or at least that's what I think.
Basically this.

By the way, I realized that simply searching for example Ninatons in the wiki search will give us the result of all the pages that have that measure, it is more efficient than the google search page because the wiki search will update the pages that no longer have Ninatons in their search.

Okay. That is good then. Thank you very much for helping out. 🙏

By the way, i'm almost done with Ninatons change to Ronnatons so other staff can focus in the other 2.

Thanks a lot for helping out. It is very appreciated. 🙏

I've finished with Ninatons. The only thing left related to Ninatons are user comments using the word, in pages or blog post everything has been replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back