• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Power and Ability: Instinctive Reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

FanofRPGs

VS Battles
Retired
CtsxnWZ
Summary

Instinctive Reaction is the ability to react and move without the need to think, and to naturally move through muscle memory or instinct, as each body part functions on its own in sync with the body, without relying on the brain. This permits the character to "go with the flow" and spend more time thinking of other functions than their movement.

Advantages:

• Can prove to act more unpredictable to the enemy
  • More time to focus on long term strategies in a fight than how one must actually fight and react
  • Can evade unexpected danger without much exertion
Drawbacks:

• If the opponent is so fast that they border on blitzing the user, the skill become ineffective and irrelevant.
  • Muscles can be slowed down by injuries or injured body parts can hinder the effectiveness of this ability.
  • May be rendered irrelevant if the opponent has precognition to predict their movements.
  • Its effectiveness is limited by the effectiveness of one's senses, and can be tricked by anything outside of those senses.
Similar Abilities

• Precognition: Instinctive Reaction is similar to precognition in that it allows the user to move ahead of time without delay, however precognition bases it off the user's mental ability to see shortly into the future
  • Active Sync: To be in exactly the right place, at exactly the right time, for anything you want. This is similar to Instinctive Reaction, but bases the natural ability to be at the right place of probability instead of the natural flow of their body.
Users

Auto-Pilot (ÕÅìÕ░äþÑ×þÁî, Ōto Pairotto): Takachiho's Abnormality is his extraordinary reflexes. Unlike other people, who use reflexes for defense and to retreat, Takachiho can even use his reflexes to attack and counter. He describes this skill as the "ability to put my brain on auto-pilot." Because his muscles fight without the use of his brain, this also leaves Takachiho free to strategize.[43] Since his body moves on reflex and not reactions, feints and illusionary techniques such as Medaka's bunshin are useless against him.[44] However, Medaka was able to get past his reflexes by first throwing off his timing, then attacking him at high speed when he blinked.[45] Also, no matter how good his reflexes are, if Takachiho's muscles cannot keep with his senses, he will still take hits.[46] During his fight with Medaka, Takachiho learns to use judgment along with his reflexes, allowing him to dodge attacks even in a weakened condition.[47]

I personally have no problem with this, but it is best if you ask Reppuzan to give input here. He is in charge of our Powers & Abilities pages.

Format could use work (I can assume it's not finalized but I wanted to point it out), but I think it's solid.

Sweet. I would say i am surprised it was made only know, but since Goku didn't have it...

Also, don't Lightning have it since @Repp mentioned a similar abilty to UI.

You can also add something like "Each body part functions on its own in sync with the body, without relying on the brain"

I have asked Reppuzan to give input here.

@Omimi

Nope, that's sensing.

@Everyone else

I'm currently busy, so I'll have to look at this later, but I'll get back to you when I can.

How would it work with speed equalization? Can the user still react faster than other character with the same speed (since they don't take time to think about their movements, while the opponent does)?

Kami95 said:
How would it work with speed equalization? Can the user still react faster than other character with the same speed (since they don't take time to think about their movements, while the opponent does)?
Yes, as even with equal speed. Bruce Lee would blitz your average person for example. They still manage and displace their speed in a more efficient method.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Is slowered a word? Probably fix that sentence.
No, but Slown is apparently. Rewording it to "Damaged muscles can be slown down by the injuries" is probably better though.

That seems redundant, saying the muscles are damaged and they get slowed by injuries seems off putting.

How about Muscles can be slowed down by injuries or injured body parts can hinder the effectiveness of this ability.

Yrs I'm picking that sentence apart, I have nothing better to do.

Can possible weaknesses be too instinctive? Whis stepping in poo can either be a weakness, or PIS.

Unite My Rice said:
Can possible weaknesses be too instinctive? Whis stepping in poo can either be a weakness, or PIS.
Seems possible. For example, if you were fighting an opponent like Souichirou Kuzuki where you want to avoid your instinctive reaction to dodge the attack, I assume this ability would make you attempt to dodge anyway if you relied on it. That could lead you right into a trap if exploited by an enemy. This is what happened to Saber, albeit with a slightly different ability.

-has UI-

-instinctively steps on a land mine-

How would he know unless he instinctively dodges the explosion :^)

Perhaps things that don't scream "danger" can bypass the ability.

No, Whis steps in poop because his UI does not recognize his shoes.

So basically, its effectiveness is limited by the effectiveness of your senses, and can be tricked by anything outside of those senses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back