• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black⛤Star Supernatural Willpower and Instinctive Action

MintyBoi1

He/Him
Looking at Black⛤Star’s profile, I think it’s shown that he possesses just about every aspect of Supernatural Willpower. The biggest showcase of this that comes to mind is his fight against Kishin Asura where he endures an attack he likely shouldn’t have survived as told by Asura as well as having his arm and spine broken and keeps fighting. Not long after this same fight, he learned the ability to levitate after learning flight on the moon. And even before that, he catches lasers which is cited by Maka as illogical. Another feat which cements this even before the final arcs is Black Star’s final fight against Mifune where he takes multiple stab wounds including one through his stomach and foot plus getting his fingers broken and only collapses after defeating his opponent. There’s some other examples of his strength of will like not being consumed by power or madness, resisting Arachne’s mind control and possession, and likely a few more befitting the description.

The definition of Supernatural Willpower is being able to exceed one’s limits and logic through sheer willpower, meaning his sheer endurance and seemingly creation of new abilities should grant Star this ability.

Another impressive ability he exhibits is Instinctive Action, shown when Sid comments on him unconsciously changing to an advantageous sword stance against Mifune. I’m unsure if this would quantify as limited, but he should have it.

Agree: Magicomethkuon (Willpower), Shiratio983, Chariot190 (Willpower), DarkDragonMedeus (Willpower), GarrixianXD (Willpower), Random-Helper323 (Willpower), UchihaSlayer96 (Willpower), JTGamer96 (Willpower), LordGriffin1000 (Willpower)

Neutral: Magicomethkuon (Instinctive Action), GarrixianXD (Instinctive Action), Random-Helper323 (Instinctive Action)

Disagree: Chariot190 (Instinctive Action), DarkDragonMedeus (Instinctive Action), Mr._Bambu, CloverDragon03, UchihaSlayer96 (Instinctive Action), JTGamer96 (Instinctive Action), LordGriffin1000 (Instinctive Action)

Last edited:
I agree. At one point Asura himself commended him on it. And it also makes sense because Soul Eater is all about fighting the deepest fears and insanity.

Yeah, I wonder if it could apply to Maka and Kid but at the same time Kid succumbed to madness at one point and Black Star is notably just different from the others

Another feat which cements this even before the final arcs is Black Star’s final fight against Mifune where he takes multiple stab wounds including one through stomach and his foot and only collapses after defeating his opponent.

I agree. At one point Asura himself commended him on it. And it also makes sense because Soul Eater is all about fighting the deepest fears and insanity.
I forgot to mention his Instinctive Action in the original post, tell me if you agree with it as well.

Will is fine.

Instinctive Action isn't tho, the feat IS legit, it just isn't Instinctive Action in the way we usually define it, but it should still be detailed on his profile all the same, probably in intelligence.

He IS thinking about it, he's actively making the conscious effort to change styles on the fly to counter, it's just he isn't thinking about what those styles entail and is instead just changing his combat form to one's that feel like it'd work, which they do, because he's a prodigy.
It's just a cracked-out skill feat, he's so proficient at combat that he can instantly adapt and take new stances to counter his foe simply because they feel optimal without really thinking about which style to take in particular, but he's still willingly doing said change.

It might be best to ask directly at the staff's message wall. No guarantee of feedback but at least it seems that would have better odds of your thread being noticed.

It might be best to ask directly at the staff's message wall. No guarantee of feedback but at least it seems that would have better odds of your thread being noticed.
I did ask one, maybe I should try a few more

Last edited:
Now that I think, Black Star should have dura neg since Big Wave and Planet Destruction Cannon send his soul wavelength through a targets body.

I think Supernatural Willpower is hazy at best. Doing things thought by others to be impossible is not evidence of a willpower beyond traditional limits- and this seems to cover most of the evidence provided. Call me neutral at best, and outright disagreeing at worst.

I also wouldn't agree with Instinctive Action, disagree there.

I think Supernatural Willpower is hazy at best. Doing things thought by others to be impossible is not evidence of a willpower beyond traditional limits- and this seems to cover most of the evidence provided. Call me neutral at best, and outright disagreeing at worst.
Counted, though going beyond what’s logically possible is a part of Supernatural Willpower’s description. In context, Asura is a god fighting a human and far stronger/wiser than Black Star. Black Star can also endure insane amounts of pain and resist mind control/posession

We see many impossible things on this wiki. Not all of them require supernatural willpower. You may be reading it a bit too literally.

I think a lot of the stuff listed for Supernatural Willpower would be best to list as stamina feats more than anything else. And I share Chariot's sentiments regarding Instinctive Action

So is the page for Supernatural Willpower accurate to the ability? Black Star shows just about everything on the page; I don’t see how he can’t qualify with the current definition. It seems self-evident enough given the story and feats shown.

Although some characters can be considered to have a great will to achieve their goals or give their all in a fight, characters that have a willpower on this level can go vastly beyond what should logically be possible for them, with more extreme cases being able to oppose natural phenomena such as death.

Characters with this ability may be able to resist enormous amounts of pain, act even when unconscious or well beyond what they should be able to endure, resist possession and mind control, affect their environment, or even go against natural phenomena, such as death or the limits imposed by reality.

Last edited:
I'm gonna pivot my vote to entirely against Supernatural Willpower, btw. I've considered it more.

Honestly from all that I've seen of Soul Eater, how villains use their powers, the insanity and fear influence all over the place, and Black Star's constant of pulling off things that make even other fighting characters consider it beyond his limits, I don't think Supernatural Willpower for him is far-fetched at all.

The instinctive reaction is the one I find iffy at best.

Back