• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Power/Ability: Ectoplasm Manipulation

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Thought this would be worth adding as a replacement for characters who utilize and manipulate Ectoplasm, which is usually considered to be a very different type of matter/material then your regular old average energy manipulation. Usually users of this can't use such abilities on the living with some exception, meaning that this new power would help simplify articles that would otherwise have it and have to go through hoops to explain it.

Understandibly this power would have to be added to a rather large amount of profiles, but I assure those concerned that it will generally help simplify said profiles.

Page on Superpowers Wiki

Example Page

S02M03 Danny charging up ecto-blast
Danny Phantom charges an Ecto-Blast

Summary
The power to manipulate Ectoplasm/Ghostly Energy. Variation of Energy Manipulation.

User can create, shape, and manipulate an energy unique to spirits/ghosts. Typically this comes in the form of beams or balls of energy that the user can charge and fire at enemies, and ignores the intangibility that is normally associated with ghosts or spirits. Usually, however, these attacks cannot harm living beings. It can also sometimes be used to create constructs and weapons, as well as forcefields, depending on the user. At higher levels, this can be used to ignore the conventional durability of ghosts, or even act as a form of Soul Manipulation.

Possible Uses

• Charging balls or beams of energy that can harm intangible spirits.
  • Construct Creation, making weapons or shields for the user to utilize.
  • Absorbing and releasing the energy of ghosts.
Limitations

• Ectoplasmic attacks don't likely harm regular living beings.
  • Some users have a very limited supply.
  • Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user.
  • In the case of a ghost using this ability, it may cause them to eat away at their own body.
Users

Alright, I'll compile a list of pages, then add the page and edit in the changes, then.

You should ask Reppuzan to give input here.

Bumping this. I'd like some more input, please.

Contacted Repp as well.

Okay. I do not know if it is a common enough ability, but do not mind as such.

With some exception, it should go on most Ghost/Spirit profiles that have energy attacks. I can come up with a list of pages that would fit the criteria and post it here for review.

Back