• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Immortality type?

So, I think there is a seperate immortality that could be added:

Fated immortality: Immortality granted via a prophecy or predetermined death date.

Is this Immortality or another ability?

Unless that immortality is literally come out of nowhere then I pretty sure everyone on this Fated immortality is come from another being aka type 4 immortal.

It's probably too vague to be added, as most of the time, this "immortality" is just predicting the future or probability manipulation.

Basically it's more along the lines of a prophecy ensuring someone's life extends to a certain poijt

Any prophecy ensuring someone's life extends is most likely a protection that come from another Being(so type 4), but if that immortality is just come out of nowhere..then how we determine its limits? because this kind of immortality can cause massive NLF debate.

I don't think prophecies can generally be translated into a form of immortality, given how NLFly it seems.

I mean most immortality doesn't come from someone who is literally doesn't exist(not gonna counting nonexistent being because this is even more nonexistent than nonexistent being)

That's also ignoring that some prophecies (The majority really) are based on visions of the future or based on someone knowing the outcome of something before it happens. In those cases, the prophecy would have no weight in a battle.

If the protection of the prophecy come from someone else then its type 4, and if it come from someone who can see the future then it's not really an immortality.. But if it just come out of nowhere and don't have any useful context then it's probably just a bad writing.

Maybe if in some franchise they specifically say "You are unable to die until you fulfill your destiny", then I guess that could count, but I can't think of any example of that right now.

@Paulo I think the closest example would be Tart from Tart Magica. Basically, another girl's fate manip keeps her from dying and basically acts like reactive evolution for Tart until she defeats the big bad. However, I think that would be categorized as outside help in that case.

Yeh but ''why You are unable to die until you fulfill your destiny? ''who give you that powers? if some else give you that power then its type 4.

No, I mean, if he is unable to die because of the destiny, without nobody giving him this power or protecting him. But I can't think of any example of this.

Elizabeth from NNT is also being fate manip to keep failing in love with Mel and dying only for being reborn again for hundreds of times.

Back