• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Garou Tier Addition

LordTracer

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So I’ve been reading through the webcomic lately and after getting to Garou’s introduction and checking the manga version, I realized that we could give Human Garou a tier for his first appearance.

Human Garou could stomp Magic Trick Man and one-shot Heavy Tank Fundoshi, both of whom are At least 8-B. So Garou, in his very first appearance in the series, should also be At least 8-B.

If this is accepted, Human Garou’s stats should look like this:

Attack Potency: At least City Block level (Effortlessly stomped Magic Trick Man and Heavy Tank Fundoshi), up to Small City level (Grew much stronger over the course of his hero hunt. Fought and defeated Tanktop Master after holding back. Despite having lost most of his strength as a result of exhaustion, blood loss, and poison, he managed to hold his own against Post-Superfight Genos and implied he would perform better against him in peak condition. Damaged a pumped Metal Bat)

Speed: At least Supersonic (Superior to Magic Trick Man and casually dodged a strike from Heavy Tank Fundoshi), up to Massively Hypersonic (Once serious, he pummeled Tanktop Master before he could react, striking his joints and vital spots in the process. Seemingly effortlessly outmaneuvered and even blitzed a pumped-up Metal Bat. Despite losing most of his strength, he kept up with Post-Superfight Genos and implied he would perform better against him in peak condition)

Lifting Strength: At least Class 5 (Far stronger than Heavy Tank Fundoshi), up to Class G (Fought and matched the strength of Tanktop Master, who was able to intercept and halt the advance of a colossal robot)

The 8-B scaling was still made by the same garou who defeated TTM.
I don't think it should be added, thats like adding whatever tier wolf/tiger/demon/dragons are to saitamas profile since he defeated them.

He said he'll come back within 6 months, i dont think alot of time passed between HA attack and then fighting heroes.
Doesn’t really matter, the point is that Garou said he was going to power up through training (and he’s said that he’ll continue growing stronger multiple times during his hero hunt) and we know that he fought other heroes before Tanktop Master. So the Garou that bullied the A-Class heroes isn’t the same one that fought TTM.

Doesn’t really matter, the point is that Garou said he was going to power up through training (and he’s said that he’ll continue growing stronger multiple times during his hero hunt) and we know that he fought other heroes before Tanktop Master. So the Garou that bullied the A-Class heroes isn’t the same one that fought TTM.
I mean it technically is, its like darkshine constantly worked out and has still been doing that in like 300x gravity rooms. Its the same darkshine same tier. Garou is just normally getting stronger through combat, him stomping the a class is the same garou who beat TTM. Getting stronger overtime and him clearly not showing the capacity of his upper power shouldn't justify his tier 8 key.

I mean it technically is, its like darkshine constantly worked out and has still been doing that in like 300x gravity rooms. Its the same darkshine same tier. Garou is just normally getting stronger through combat, him stomping the a class is the same garou who beat TTM. Getting stronger overtime and him clearly not showing the capacity of his upper power shouldn't justify his tier 8 key.
That’s not even remotely the same thing, nor does it prove that Garou hasn’t gotten any stronger when Garou’s own statements say otherwise.

I think this is fine I suppose.

Also Class G should be downgraded to Class K as Garou doesn't scale to either Genos or TTM in LS

the point is that Garou said he was going to power up through training
Over a period of six months.
we know that he fought other heroes before Tanktop Master
Hardly. Given his performance against the A-Class heroes, we can reasonably assume that Garou experienced every little growth from his run-ins with the Tanktop Army. He improves by battling strong opponents, such as the likes of Tanktop Master, Metal Bat, and Genos; a brief scuffle with a couple of lower-ranked heroes where he most likely finished them off in one hit with minimal effort is not going to provide nearly enough gains for him to jump tiers so dramatically.

Additionally, his hero hunt only began after defeating Tanktop Master, so he likely only battled the Tanktop Army members in-between the conference and then.

Hardly. Given his performance against the A-Class heroes, we can reasonably assume that Garou experienced every little growth from his run-ins with the Tanktop Army. He improves by battling strong opponents, such as the likes of Tanktop Master, Metal Bat, and Genos; a brief scuffle with a couple of lower-ranked heroes where he most likely finished them off in one hit with minimal effort is not going to provide nearly enough gains for him to jump tiers so dramatically.

Additionally, his hero hunt only began after defeating Tanktop Master, so he likely only battled the Tanktop Army members in-between the conference and then.
Okay, this is a much better argument. This makes sense.

Would a key for the weakened Garou that fought the A-class work instead? and would he be 8-B/8-A so people can put him against Kengan Ashura characters?

From what I'm reading I don't think any real time passed, not enough to give Garou a 8-B key since this is basically the same Garou who is fought TTM.

Since Tanktop Vegetarian was defeated by Garou around the same time Sitch was in a meeting and tried to talk about Garou with others in the association. Which means it was still a recent event.

Tanktop Vegetarian would end up finding Garou not that long after, since his injures haven't healed yet I doubt any time real time passed. And Garou gets stronger when pushed, not by average joes like TTV or those A Class Heroes who were easily defeated by Garou with zero effort.

Back