• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New community information

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

I would like to inform the VS Battles community that, due to ongoing vandalism in this regard by the troll group that has targeted us, both here and in other wikis, Fandom has changed the wiki settings so only administrators and content moderators can move/rename pages for the time being.

Given that we had reported to them that the Recent Blog Posts page kept ending up blank, they also recommended that I install a Refresh functio that cleans the browser and wiki cache for a certain page to help deal with the issue while their technical team investigates further.

My apologies for any inconveniences.

Ayayay, these people can't just let good things be. I'm fine with this, though not being able to move pages will be a pain and a half when it's needed.

@ZackMoon1234

Possibly just moving it to another section of the wiki, such as turning a character page to a blog or a userpage, which is how the vandalism was done, but it may include any renaming of pages done by regular members if the Fandom staff did not have such specific settings available.

In any case, pages are renamed comparatively seldom in this wiki, so if you need to do this, there are plenty of administrators and content moderators to ask for help.

We can probably get rid of these extra security settings if things calm down or the police finish their investigation of the trolls.

I wonder the same thing. I can relate to building, not to destroying.

Oh, so you guys over here at VS have been having issues as well?

Yes, we have been targetted to ridiculous extremes starting around a year ago, but it is best to not talk about it here.

I was actually hoping I'd share something. JBW has also been under attack recently (it's actually why I've become an admin over there), and many of the spammer's sock puppets have had names that referenced VSBW members (most notably, ProfessorKukui and Reppuzan).

Yes, a few of them are particularly fixated on me, Reppuzan, and Kukui for some reason.

You can ask Ryukama to ask Fandom for the same type of protection as I mentioned above if you wish.

His IP is now blocked. That should keep him busy for a while. Though, from what I gather, the methods of the JBW spammer are far less extreme. He (thankfully) mostly spams unrelated threads.

The only real problem with him was that he always showed up when none of the admins were active, so me and another Discussion Mod had to hold him off for even hours at a time. Which is exactly why I asked Ryu to promote me.

But never mind, this thread has been derailed enough by my rambling.

This is most unfortunate, as it was agreed by the staff that this is genuinely a bad idea in the long run. However, Fandom's just trying to help, so it's a reasonable short term solution and does indeed keep the trolls out. But this problem will hopefully be fixed before too long.

They are just teenagers that have nothing better to do and thus gain little-man complex's from the internet because first world problems cause them to not get a better, healthier hobby.

A lot of people here have probably been in the same position. Making people upset and angry gives them a thrill of euphoria that they can't get anywhere else.

@ Uradelbauer

That's why the true and tested method still stands: ignore, block, move on. Without the satisfaction of it, eventually (even if it takes a long time), they will need to stop (at which point they'll probably start harassing somebody or someplace else, but hey, beggars can't be choosers).

@Spino

It lasts until we ask Fandom to remove the new setting.

I constantly monitor all relevant edits though.

Back