• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ness vs The narrator

Interesting fight here, the durability section within The Narrators page scares me however.

The main thing here is Ness's Passive Fate hax provided by The TOTU. I think Truth would take action here since this is an unknown force that Ness is dealing with. If anything, the Player might appear.

I'll wait however.

Bump

I'm going to assume that The Narrator does not have a physical form, yes? That could be a problem, an addition to the Plot manip.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain that the truth might take a lot of action here. Aka Passive Fate hax for Ness in this case.

Interesting matchup, but it pretty much just comes down to Fate/Probability hax vs Plot hax. Ness has never dealt with foes that can use plot hax, so idk if it can bypass Truth's protection or not. For now I'm inconclusive due to a lack of information.

I'm thinking the same thing. As I said before, it's the same situation as the Ness vs LOG battle, of which LOG likes to abuse his Plot hax. This is most definitely without a doubt the same thing here. So yeah, Inconclusive.

To what extent does Plot hax have compared to Passive Fate hax provided by a higher dimensional entity that I remind you is Low Multiversal?

Again, I don't see how it would bypass Passive Fate/Prob hax:

I don't know much about The Stanley Parable, but Plot Manipulaton shouldn't kill him as he is protected by the TOTU. Plot Manipulation comes from the fact that The Narrator is reconstructing the main world and changing the setting. Ness's Prob and Fate hax should be able to protect him from those issues. The only thing I see being a problem is Existence Erasure, but considering Fate/Prob hax negated a Low 2-C 99.9% chance of winning (who basically had prep time throughout the game), I don't see why it wouldn't be able to work on The Narrator who is way below than Giygas (only acceptation being the "Possibly far higher" rating). Fate hax/Prob hax has Low Multiversal range, so it should be an issue to The Narrator as he doesn't have any form of resistance.

I guess you could make the argument that Fate hax protects you from things within the context of the story, whereas Plot hax manipulates the very story itself, thus making it superior. I still believe this to be a gray area though since powers like these have different degrees of potency, so either way I stay inconclusive.

Yeah, they tend to have different potency, I think that's why the "Possibly Far Higher" rating exist. Anyway, I don't really see how The Narrator is going to mess with TOTU. Wouldn't the player show up or something? I'm leaning towards incon too.

I'd say Inconclusive. The Narrator dosn't use his plot hax to directly kill people often, and when he does it's something that Ness' fate hax will have no problem with (Like a nuke or something)

Back