• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NERF OMNI-MAN, MFTL+ TO MFTL LOW SCALE

Hm, hello. I'm trying to nerf Omni-man. About his speed, they put him as MFTL + for "flew from Earth to another planet with life in a week", ok. However, as far as I know, there is no specified distance for the planets in question, and I will tell you why I find it ABSURD to put this brother as MFTL +:

The distance from the sun to Uranus is 2,870,990,000,000 approximately in meters

AUGE FTL characters cross 2,998,000,000,000 meters in ONE SECOND, they are nine stars in a solar system, in our solar system.

I would very much like to see an official distance on this feat from Omni-man, because it took ONE WEEK to complete the feat.

Well, I already said why I think it is absurd, now I will proceed to my nerf, where I calculate the supposed capabilities of the Omni-man:

"Omni-Man can hold its breath for two weeks, allowing it enough time to reach nearby star systems (between 4 and 10 light years away)." Information from a guidebook.

I will do 2 ends, mid and high

Mid = 7 light years

7 light years = 6.623e+16 in meters
2 weeks = 1.21e+6 in seconds

V = D / T

V = 6.623e+16 / 1.21e+6

V = 54,735,537,190.1

Now I'm just going to divide by the speed of light in m/s to know how many times faster than the light it is

54,735,537,190.1 / 299,792,458

182c, Omni-man MFTL

High end = 10 light years

10 light years = 9,461e+16 in meters
2 weeks = 1.21e+6 in seconds

V = D / T

V = 9.461e+16 / 1.21e+6

V = 78,190,082,644.6

Now I'm just going to divide by the speed of light in m/s

78,190,082,644.6 / 299,792,458

260c, Omni-man MFTL

So, this is it 👎 he is a little bit higher than that because he reaches that speed with his breath caught and the source treats it as "enough".

Based on the assertion of the Omni-man’s maximum capabilities, I think it is wise to assume that any feat massively above that is an outlier.

Don't know. Ima newba here🙈
Ah, I see by your user info. Here is a guide to how the Wiki handles calcs and the process, to get started 😁

Ah, I see by your user info. Here is a guide to how the Wiki handles calcs and the process, to get started 😁

So .. do you know anyone in order to check my analysis and calculation, and say if the nerf is acceptable or not?

Back