• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Neopolitan vs Gene (God Hand)

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
This is definitely one of the best matchup ideas I had.

Neopolitan (RWBY) vs Gene (God Hand)

8-B keys will be used here (Post-Haven/Atlas Arc Neo vs 1 God Hand Gene).

Speed will be equalized.

Fight takes place at Haven Academy.

Neo:

Gene:

Inconclusive:

1118full-neopolitan-%28rwby%29.jpg

cde3151fcd656b8df0d117027db3490f.jpg

How exactly does Gene's Roulette Wheel work? He has to actively switch between techniques?

Neo's bread and butter is her illusions and misdirection in combat, does Gene have any way to reliably bypass that?

Going by his profile and the other profiles in the verse page, Neo is significantly more skilled just from the skill scaling in her own verse

Roulette wheel is just game mechanics, he can do any of those super moves at will.

Bashing her face in before she can attempt anything funny? Bit difficult to use misdirection if you're constantly being juggled and combo-ed. Any time he gets a visual on her he can also pull her closer with Chain Yanker, which is a telekinetic pull followed by a slap that stuns the opponent.

Skill scaling is always slightly unreliable and somewhat arbitrary, while Gene is incredibly skilled based solely on his own versatility and being able to master techniques (of which he knows almost 150 of) in moments and entire fighting styles in like, at most weeks, but really just the sheer breadth of stuff he can do makes him an overpowering fighter, he can interrupt and counter attacks right as the opponent attempts them, simultaneously duck and weave under entire barrages of attacks while being able to attack simultaneously in various different ways, juggle enemies, break their guard, stun them, launch them with kicks to serve as crowd control and probably a bunch of other stuff I am forgetting.

He also has access to a fairly hefty speed and AP amp which is definitely not a blitz but definitely makes him that much more effective.

"Bashing her face in before she can attempt anything funny? Bit difficult to use misdirection if you're constantly being juggled and combo-ed. "

Thats the problem though, Neo's illusions are passive, even when she's not actively creating wide-scale illusions her subconscious passively causes her semblance to generate an illusion. He wont have the opportunity to do so, and even if he does try that, Neo's entire fighting style is redirecting her opponent's attacks, so attempting to CQC her would fail miserably.

"Any time he gets a visual on her he can also pull her closer with Chain Yanker, which is a telekinetic pull followed by a slap that stuns the opponent."

He wont though, Neo is near constantly invisible in combat using her semblance to make an illusion of herself that fights the opponent for her while she goes for an opening from a blind spot.

"Skill scaling is always slightly unreliable and somewhat arbitrary, while Gene is incredibly skilled based solely on his own versatility and being able to master techniques (of which he knows almost 150 of) in moments and entire fighting styles in like, at most weeks, but really just the sheer breadth of stuff he can do makes him an overpowering fighter, he can interrupt and counter attacks right as the opponent attempts them, simultaneously duck and weave under entire barrages of attacks while being able to attack simultaneously in various different ways, juggle enemies, break their guard, stun them, launch them with kicks to serve as crowd control and probably a bunch of other stuff I am forgetting."

I can post the entire skill list if you want but thats not really anything super impressive in the terms of RWBY. Velvet Scarlatina is able to perfectly and instantly mimic the exact moves that she observes other people use in combat as well as utilize multiple different fighting styles simultaneously, both armed and unarmed. Thanks to Anesidora, Velvet is also able to copy fighting styles that utilize weapons, and she is able to wield the weapons that she copies just as effectively as their original user. To date that we know of, Velvet is able to simultaneously utilize the fighting styles and weapons of Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, Nora Valkyrie, Sun Wukong, Penny Polendina, Coco Adel, Peter Port, Reese Chloris, Fox Alistar, Vega Bleu, Yatsuhashi Daichi, Russel Thrush, Roy Stallion, Neptune Vasilias, Brawnz Ni, Bartholomew Oobleck, Flynt Coal, Edward Caspian, and Scarlet David. Of note, every person listed spent their entire lives training in combat and several of them are professional huntsmen with decades of combat experience. Nebula Violette skill stomps Velvet, Pyrrha Nikos skill stomps Nebula, Mercury Black skill stomps Pyrrha, and Neo skill stomps Mercury.

He wont though, Neo is near constantly invisible in combat using her semblance to make an illusion of herself that fights the opponent for her while she goes for an opening from a blind spot.
So, a stomp? Cuz I'm not really interested in this debate to begin with. Gene has absolutely no way to combat invisibility

So, a stomp? Cuz I'm not really interested in this debate to begin with. Gene has absolutely no way to combat invisibility
Yeah She Has invisibly and her semblance is passive as the reason she looks like she does is because of her semblance proven by the neo light novel and even after her aura was broken her semblance kept her apprentice the same (just like how qrows semblance works even if his Aura is broken as shown in vol 4)

"Bashing her face in before she can attempt anything funny? Bit difficult to use misdirection if you're constantly being juggled and combo-ed. "

Thats the problem though, Neo's illusions are passive, even when she's not actively creating wide-scale illusions her subconscious passively causes her semblance to generate an illusion. He wont have the opportunity to do so, and even if he does try that, Neo's entire fighting style is redirecting her opponent's attacks, so attempting to CQC her would fail miserably.

"Any time he gets a visual on her he can also pull her closer with Chain Yanker, which is a telekinetic pull followed by a slap that stuns the opponent."

"Skill scaling is always slightly unreliable and somewhat arbitrary, while Gene is incredibly skilled based solely on his own versatility and being able to master techniques (of which he knows almost 150 of) in moments and entire fighting styles in like, at most weeks, but really just the sheer breadth of stuff he can do makes him an overpowering fighter, he can interrupt and counter attacks right as the opponent attempts them, simultaneously duck and weave under entire barrages of attacks while being able to attack simultaneously in various different ways, juggle enemies, break their guard, stun them, launch them with kicks to serve as crowd control and probably a bunch of other stuff I am forgetting."

I can post the entire skill list if you want but thats not really anything super impressive in the terms of RWBY. Velvet Scarlatina is able to perfectly and instantly mimic the exact moves that she observes other people use in combat as well as utilize multiple different fighting styles simultaneously, both armed and unarmed. Thanks to Anesidora, Velvet is also able to copy fighting styles that utilize weapons, and she is able to wield the weapons that she copies just as effectively as their original user. To date that we know of, Velvet is able to simultaneously utilize the fighting styles and weapons of Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, Nora Valkyrie, Sun Wukong, Penny Polendina, Coco Adel, Peter Port, Reese Chloris, Fox Alistar, Vega Bleu, Yatsuhashi Daichi, Russel Thrush, Roy Stallion, Neptune Vasilias, Brawnz Ni, Bartholomew Oobleck, Flynt Coal, Edward Caspian, and Scarlet David. Of note, every person listed spent their entire lives training in combat and several of them are professional huntsmen with decades of combat experience. Nebula Violette skill stomps Velvet, Pyrrha Nikos skill stomps Nebula, Mercury Black skill stomps Pyrrha, and Neo skill stomps Mercury.
Can ya like, show me the scan of where it is stated that she can perfectly mimic the fighting styles of others? And does she keep the fighting styles she mimicked? The RWBY Wikia seems to disagree with that.

Can ya like, show me the scan of where it is stated that she can perfectly mimic the fighting styles of others? And does she keep the fighting styles she mimicked? The RWBY Wikia seems to disagree with that.
maybe you confused with Her weapon Anesidora the photo creating weapon, that can't use the same weapons once she utilize once,
but the mimicking of the fighting styles yeah she keep that, its even in her profile

maybe you confused with Her weapon Anesidora the photo creating weapon, that can't use the same weapons once she utilize once,
but the mimicking of the fighting styles yeah she keep that, its even in her profile
Yeah her weapon can't keep the weapon she copying but her semblance can keep the skill she is copying

Yeah her weapon can't keep the weapon but her semblance can keep the skill
Again, I'll appreciate the scan of where it states she keeps the skill. I honestly don't remember RWBY characters being anywhere at this skill level when I watched the series. Albeit, I only watched like the first 3 volumes.

Again, I'll appreciate the scan of where it states she keeps the skill. I honestly don't remember RWBY characters being anywhere at this skill level when I watched the series. Albeit, I only watched like the first 3 volumes.
I mean to be fair this is from the rwby light novels where team cfvy is the main characters of the frist two and neo is the main character of the third one (set in neos past)

I mean to be fair this is from the rwby light novels where team cfvy is the main characters of the frist two and neo is the main character of the third one (set in neos past)
Ah, that explains a lot. Still, I'd appreciate the scan, as I believe Velvet will fodderize anyone she's fighting against if she can just master the fighting style their opponent has, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

20211221_122436.jpg
20211221_155254.png
20211221_123942.jpg

"The rwby wikia seems to disagree with that"

Velvet's Semblance is Photographic Memory. It allows her to mimic people's moves, including their fighting style. She uses this in conjunction with her weapon, Anesidora, which creates hard-light copies of weapons she takes photographs of. Using this combination, she is able to use the copied weapons just as effectively as their original user. However, the weapons only last for a few hits.

Even without using weapon copies, Velvet is able to call on multiple fighting styles at once, allowing her to disorient unprepared opponents such as Nebula Violette in a one on one sparring match.

That quality is making my eyes burn, but yep, that basically confirms it. Thanks!

Also, shouldn't that be linked on the profile? Shit like this seems to be important, and should definitely be linked on the profile.

Back