• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gene (God Hand) vs Mukuro Ikusaba

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Thought this would be a pretty cool matchup.

Gene (God Hand) vs Mukuro Ikusaba

Double God Hand Gene and Battle Trance Mode Mukuro will be used.

Speed is equalized.

Fight takes place in Hope's Peak Academy.

Gene: 5 (Armor, Popted, Shmooply, Winston, Fanta)

Mukuro:

Inconclusive:

wp1859748.jpg

danganronpa-mukuro-ikusaba-wallpaper-thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, Mukuro Match!

Welp, time to get to work! ... First off, I cannot compare the experience and skill difference between Gene and Mukuro: from my understanding, they are both skilled in the art of killing/fighting people but most of Mukuro's experience comes from mundane and non-supernatural battlefields like warzones, shoot outs and etcetera whilst it seems Gene has the advantage of having supernatural bullshit that Mukuro has no experience nor knowledge of existing, albeit, instinctive reactions and enhanced senses nulls surprise attacks by a decent degree.

So I guess they are equal in this regard.

Physical Fighting Wise, Mukuro has the advantage with her aforementioned instinctive reactions and enhanced senses making Gene hitting her a mountain of a task to do and somewhat nulls any speed amps, she has the LS advantage as well so she could put him in a chokehold that he can't break out of, and she can fight for much longer than Gene.

With Hax, however, Mukuro gets screwed. With Roulette Wheel, Gene can make himself be invincible for a few seconds, hit Mukuro with an AoE attack she can't defend from, blast her with long-ranged attacks, and can partially or fully heal himself, etcetera. And unlike her husbando, Mukuro doesn't have supernatural luck that helps prevents him from getting luck either. There is also Gene's Mind Manip that Mukuro can't resist in the slightest. The only saving grace that Mukuro has is that she has her only mind-based hax but won't think of using them so that screws her over.

Welp, time to get to work! ... First off, I cannot compare the experience and skill difference between Gene and Mukuro: from my understanding, they are both skilled in the art of killing/fighting people but most of Mukuro's experience comes from mundane and non-supernatural battlefields like warzones, shoot outs and etcetera whilst it seems Gene has the advantage of having supernatural bullshit that Mukuro has no experience nor knowledge of existing, albeit, instinctive reactions and enhanced senses nulls surprise attacks by a decent degree.

So I guess they are equal in this regard.
Gene also has the ability to basically learn moves on the spot and develop his own fighting styles rapidly, weave around attacks effectively right as he throws out his own counters, basically freestyle his combat combos in any way between over a hundred moves and so on. Still I wouldn't give him the edge over Mukuro, probably.
Physical Fighting Wise, Mukuro has the advantage with her aforementioned instinctive reactions and enhanced senses making Gene hitting her a mountain of a task to do and somewhat nulls any speed amps, she has the LS advantage as well so she could put him in a chokehold that he can't break out of, and she can fight for much longer than Gene.
Gene can probably use his energy projection to escape grapples and also that LS rating is wrong and shouldn't be there. If Gene is hitting her in melee combat I think it's going to be by countering her attacks, after all instinctive reaction doesn't necessarily work offensively and once she's committed to an attack it's going to be more difficult for her to move away from a counter, especially with Gene's speed amp making it much easier for him to bridge any distance than it is for her to move away. While she does have the better stamina rating Gene is capable of withstanding probably more than you could expect an IRL fighter to and can go through long ass campaigns fighting like, hundreds of people.
With Hax, however, Mukuro gets screwed. With Roulette Wheel, Gene can make himself be invincible for a few seconds, hit Mukuro with an AoE attack she can't defend from, blast her with long-ranged attacks, and can partially or fully heal himself, etcetera. And unlike her husbando, Mukuro doesn't have supernatural luck that helps prevents him from getting luck either. There is also Gene's Mind Manip that Mukuro can't resist in the slightest. The only saving grace that Mukuro has is that she has her only mind-based hax but won't think of using them so that screws her over.
Mind Manipulation might not be super in character, but yeah, the rest is quite correct. He can even make the long ranged attacks seal her, though it's probably not something he'd immediately do in character either.

So all considered, Gene FRA

Back