• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Neopets Content Revision Thread New Forum Edition

Continuing from: https://vsbattles.com/threads/normal-neopet-isnt-a-normal-neopet.71501/

Users who seemed helpful last thread (The 'verse page & Knowledgeable Members section for Neopets lacks users listed.): Joaco0902, Gyro_Nutz, The_God_of_Procrastination, Bobsican. Contacting these users, among possibly others, may be worthwhile.

Bigger priorities currently include setting up a template to use for the species of Neopets to use for making profiles, since there's about 50 species of Neopets & decompositing the Normal Neopet profile

If we're excluding stuff that doesn't apply to ALL species of Neopets from the template.... That would mean excluding all of this from the "by itself" tabber:

Depending on the species they can have any of the following abilities: Flight (Draik, Eyrie, Hissi, Korbat, Lenny, Pteri, Shoyru, Scorchio, & possibly Skeith. Nimmos can Levitate.), Enhanced Senses, Underwater Breathing (Acara, Flotsam Jetsam, Koi, Peophin, likely Koi, Lutari, Nimmo & Quiggle as well.) Fire Manipulation (Only Scorchios, Draik, & maybe Skeith and Shoyru have this innately.), sharp claws and teeth, amphibious physiology, etc. Some species innately have Resistance to Air, Darkness, Earth, Fire, Light, Water or Physical damage

Which is excluding everything but Superhuman Physical Characteristics. Since, for Basic Colours of Neopets, not all of them can fly, breath underwater, have unknown enhanced senses, resistances, etc.
Also need to organize Battledome Equipment abilities, probably make it into a blog. (There are several hundreds, if not thousands of equipment items.)
I think I may also need to do so for Faerie Abilities.

Things that may need to be done: Calculate the yield of the Wand of the Snow Faerie. (Yes, I know Standard Storm Calculation exists, but if it is providing snow to a whole, very cold, mountainous region, possibly all year around (Terror Mountain is the coldest region on Neopia.), I'm unsure it is a "standard" storm. & the AP matters because it's Battledome equipment specifically used to attack.)

Hopefully that covers at least some of the stuff to be handled so far.

Okay, can you please mention somewhere to start? We have all that there's to look for now, so it would be wise to start somewhere first, rather than going for everything at once.

....I suppose hammering out a proper profile template & then species specific versions from that template, since one of the bigger problems highlighted was the Normal Neopet page being a Composite?

Once we have a template & profiles, I suppose we should be able to work on the other species specific stuff & add as fit?
Sorry to frustrate you with my being somewhat disorganized.

Oh, don't worry, most CRTs start like that.
Considering the inactivity on the series, I would recommend if we continued on that, as usual, please mention here what you feel something may be too dubious to list in such basic template, then start cleaning-up the pages until we hit an unique case or something.

Oh, don't worry, most CRTs start like that.
Considering the inactivity on the series, I would recommend if we continued on that, as usual, please mention here what you feel something may be too dubious to list in such basic template, then start cleaning-up the pages until we hit an unique case or something.
I'm not that experienced with doing editintg. I rarely, if ever, create/edit profiles, so cleaning things up to match standards would be a... new challenge for me.
"then start cleaning-up the pages until we hit an unique case or something."
I haven't checked the other profiles yet, since, IIRC, one of the bigger problems was Normal Neopet needing to be decomposited. Plus, the previous CRT was mostly focused on the Normal Neopet page.
(Plus, the abilities of Neopet species may carry over to other existing profiles, since many characters in the setting are already one of the several tens of Neopet species.)

In good news, it seems like I already did some work on creating the new template, & The_God_of_Procrastination helped out a bit:

But I do support cleaning up current profiles, & I think it's fairly possible many may share similar issues. Nonetheless, I'll bring up what I did bring up in the Normal Neopet CRT thread:

1. Range should be changed to use metric, since I THINK that's part of our standards.

Current is: Range: Melee to several yards
On new template, I'm assuming Range will probably similar to what Normal Neopet has, if we don't base it on species' heights/weights.

2. Intelligence may need reworking to account for being an individual species.

Current: Intelligence: Below average to genius level (They have created FTL ships, cruising ships, built entire kingdoms from scratch, etc)

3. Weaknesses section should be reworked as well.

4. Change keys from current:
Keys: Normal | Stacking up growth potions

I really want those keys changed. Least of all because the AP justification for that comes from a blog I did & the Supersize equipment items are NOT potions!

5. Age & Classification: Some Neopets species were discovered at different points, many are created races. Player-owned Neopets are created by players, & thus, none of those Neopets have existenced before November 15th, 1999 or so. Thankfully, most of when pets were created & such is well-documented.

6. Powers and Abilities: What they have in common are abilities accessible via Faerie abilities and Battledome Equipment, which any Neopet can get, Species Exclusive stuff aside.

7. Stances may need to be put into Notable Attacks/Techniques

8. Faerie Ability &/or Species Ability descriptions will need to be edited to be more appropriate for our standards.

All that above is mostly just for the Species Profiles.

A blog or such detailing Equipment Effects also needs to be created; There's around 2000 to 3000 Equipment items, depending on if Species Exclusive &/or AI Equipment is included in that count or not.
Since plot characters & anyone else that can be fought use such Equipment (Although, NPCs only use presets so some is still only player-used.) this is important for a lot of profiles.

& just to clarify again: Regarding the 'verse's other profiles, I haven't looked over them yet, & since most characters are a species of Neopet that Normal Neopet is supposed to be about/Decomposited into, I think revising the other profiles majorly should wait until the NN Decompositing is done.

Yes, sorry for the inactivity. School has been hitting me hard and I find little time to come back to the wiki.

But yes, we should do a profile temple and start tackling each Neopet one by one. Seeing as there are quite a few that's going to take some time even with the temple.

I feel we should start with the stats themselves and then move to abilities, because I assume stats will be easier.

So:

What's the weakest a Neopet can be?
What's the slowest they can be? Etc.

Yes, sorry for the inactivity. School has been hitting me hard and I find little time to come back to the wiki.

But yes, we should do a profile temple and start tackling each Neopet one by one. Seeing as there are quite a few that's going to take some time even with the temple.

I feel we should start with the stats themselves and then move to abilities, because I assume stats will be easier.

So:

What's the weakest a Neopet can be?
What's the slowest they can be? Etc.
No problem! Real life happens.
Anyway, the question "What's the weakest a Neopet can be?" feels a little odd to me; Compositing aside, I would have assumed Normal Neopet's statistics are mostly okay.

Although, I'm unclear on the basis of the Speed & Range statistics. It may be worth looking through previous threads, message walls &/or blogs regarding Neopets to determine their basises.
Although I'd presume they could have been applied only regarding a Supersized! Neopet, since Normal Neopet has a key for that, & being larger, by some logic, could increase Speed & Range.

Anyway, player-owned Neopets are capable of fighting one another in the Battledome, so presumably, the statistics of any 1 Neopet species scales to most others.

There are of course, plenty of non-player-owned Neopets in stories, art, etc. Plenty of them might not qualify for profiles, but I'm easily sure there's at least some Neopets that are 10-C.

On the topic of player-owned Neopets, Status Titles are a thing. That is, descriptions applied when a pet's stats are at certain value ranges. Here's a fansite page that lists them:

However, they're often kind of vague, & beyond the size of the number, the reasoning behind the title is often unclear.
But, by Status Title "Logic", the statistically weakest player-owned Neopet would be:
1. "Normal" in Level,
2. Pathetic in Strength,
3. Barely Moves in Speed,
4. Defenceless in Defence,
5. Dim Witted in Intelligence,
6. & I suppose also Dying regarding their hunger.

(But I doubt your Mood has to do with how weak or strong you are, so at least they could be Delighted! while like this.)
Personally, I consider Statistic Titles supporting evidence at best, since they are an official statement, albeit, very vague & brief.
& only Player-Owned Neopets have Status Titles anyway, since other Neopets are NPCs, & thus, don't have viewable statistics, so there's other metrics to determine how weak/strong a Neopet may be, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Back