• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Negi Springfield (Negima) Vs Rudeus Greyrat (Mushoku Tensei)

Round 1: Mahora Festival Negi (last round) vs Rudeus imediately after mastering his first magic eye. Both in character. Standard equipment, no prep.

Round 2: Negi (teen form, starts in base Magia Erebea) when he fought Jack Rakan vs Rudeus after the Death God fight in MKII armor. Both in character but willing to kill. Negi can not use pactio weapons, Rudeus has no scrolls. 20 mins of prep for both, with basic knowledge of eachothers stats.

Round 3: EoS Negi (the one who sparred with Evangiline) vs EoS Rudeus (When he fought Fighting god). Both in character but willing to kill. Negi starts in base Magia Erebea, Rudeus starts in MKII armor. Negi can't use pactio weapons, Rudeus has no scrolls except for the ones to summon MKI and MK0. 20 mins of prep for both, with basic knowledge of eachothers stats.

Round 4: EoS Negi vs EoS Rudeus. Bloodlusted. Negi starts in Raiten Taiso 2, Rudeus starts in MK0. No equipment restrictions outside of what they can carry. 1 hour of prep for both, basic knowledge.

Restrictions: Ran ma (round 1-3), magic canceling stone (round 1-3), time manipulation/stop, BFR, mana restoring items.

If blitz, speed equalized and forsight removed.

Who wins and why?

Edit: Negi is not imortal/intangable and is reduced to mid-low regen.

Negi, especially the last three rounds as Rudeus has no way to put down with the kind of immortality Negi has(immortals in Negima/UQ Holder can't be kill via physical,spiritual or spatial erasure). Negi is also smarter and more versatile. This is by no means a stomp but Negi can outsmart and outlast Rudeus.

Ahh been a while since I finished Negima, forgot he was imortal. Editing OP to give Rudy a fairer fight.

Grm12k said:
Ahh been a while since I finished Negima, forgot he was imortal. Editing OP to give Rudy a fairer fight.
This is closer now.

First round: Negi. He's better fight and more adept with magic between the two at those stages.

Second round:Rudeus. He should be able the more try hard of the two and would use the MK II to it's max to pull the win though he could slip up since Negi is a beast with prep, could go either way but I'm leaning towards Rudeus.

Third round: Negi. By this time Negi has be reborn and his stats took a good jump, he'd also be able to absorb and use Rudeus' magic against him while spamming clones and usage of prep will on delayed spells to amp Negi while some will be disruptions to Rudeus.

Fourth round: Negi. Same reasons as before but he has Pactio summons which make it easier for him.

All of these rounds are close but Negi seems to be the stronger one from what I remember, unless someone can remind me of some feats in Mushoku Tensei's LN that puts Rudeus over Negi my votes goes to Negi.

Question about your take on round 3. Wasn't Negi reborn after he "died" fighting against Dynamis? Or was that just when he fully fused with Magia Erebea?

Btw, I agree that in all cases Negi is the better "fighter", but I give Rudy the edge in combat tactics as a mage. Negi is very smart, but in fights he tends to degrade to "hit it till it stops fighting back" and gets tagged much more than his speed should alow. Just my 2 cents.

Gonna have to give it to Negi for R1 if his profile having City level on all keys is to be believed.

Rudy's mentality is pretty meh for someone of his power level, so is his durability which is pitifully low. Negi 7/10

R2, considering how paranoid Rudy is, methinks he'd fling himself home and get a stronger armor scroll since MK.II is body armor and nothing else. Armored Rudeus takes this 6.5/10

Else, if Rudy is not allowed to get a stronger armor, he'd milk Emperor-ranked Stone cannons, Absolute Zero, Electric and Zarrif's prosthetic arm for all its worth. Rudy 5.5/10

R3 is hard. Given basic knowledge of each other's stats, if the stat jump Negi had at EOS is true, Rudy would likely opt for the heavy artillery. He'd probably alter the land with large-scale earth magic to make traps and have the terrain advantage, then fire off Nuclear, which was his go to move against his superior, Orsted.

Given how the book describes him as someone whose spells are all chargeless, the most he can do is make for a tie since that one would likely kill him as well without Orsted's Dragon Gate weakening it. Negi 6/10

R4 is...uhh. I feel like I don't wanna comment anymore. Negi has a lot of stuff going for him here. Mk.0 is extremely mana-hungry so Rudy can't keep up a battle of attrition. He's free to fling himself to the air and what not, and not worry about injuries though.

Rudy has the advantage of Ran Ma though. Ran Ma seems to lock the user's magic out for a few seconds, evident when Orsted first used it on Rudy's right hand. He wasn't able to use said hand and opt for the left instead, which impressed Orsted since Rudy can use both hands.

That scant few seconds is something Rudy needs to even the odds with Stone Gatling or bomb the land with Saint-ranked spells and above. As a trump card, he has his father's blade with the Mk.0 iirc, and that blade raises cutting power as the enemy's durability rises, meaning it always cuts. Else, he can get NG Kalman's gravity sword and sucks Negi with it.

Still, Negi seems to be with the advantage of more unpredictable magic so I'd give it to him 5.5/10.

Gemmysaur said:
R2, considering how paranoid Rudy is, methinks he'd fling himself home and get a stronger armor scroll since MK.II is body armor and nothing else. Armored Rudeus takes this 6.5/10
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure MKII is just a body armor verion of MKI, it still buffs his physical stats up to saint rank IIRC.

So far it's looking like Rudi takes most of the fights with high/extreme difficulty, glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks it's close (with some restrictions, at least).

@Gemmysaur Negi is not City level on all keys, but in this case, the only round where he will be any lower is round 1 (Mahora Fest. Negi). I don't know anything about Rudeus, so i won't vote for anyone.

@Grm12k:

All armors after MK.0 recieve a decline in power output; be it durability, attack potency, or capacity of movement. Basically each version has lower stats than the previous.

That's because its stats depend heavily on how much mana it channels. MK.0 takes a crapload of mana, that Rudy can't even power it to full capacity for a long time, hence he calls it a trump card. MK.0 walks over Saint-ranked swordsmen.

Mk0
MK.0 is supposed to be really big and mana-hungry

MK.I has so much mana drain that an average mage would dry out by walking a few steps. MK.I would punch a Saint-ranked swordsman to death.

Mk1
MK.I is not as big and not as mana hungry

MK.II is usable by people other than Rudy, though still requires high amount of mana. I reckon Sylphy can use it, maybe Roxy as well, though not for a long time. MK.II can take Rudy's stats to Saint-ranked in swordsmanship since with it, he has enough physical ability to do so.

Mk2
MK.II is mana efficient but really weak and doesn't cover as much

MK.III was being made to rectify the problem regarding mana drain to power capacity, but iirc, it was never finished in Rudy's time and was continued by his 5th and 6th child.

Rudy is extremely paranoid and heavily depreciates himself which is his biggest downfall, even more than the fact that he doesn't have Touki to amp his physical stats. His mindset is not the most suited for combat.

That was where Oldeus (Future Rudy) shone. That guy was ready to kill, and kill he did. He even commented that magic is omnipotent, man is not. He also showed that its possible to increase physical ability with mana, when he pumped his fist with mana and hammered on the desk, breaking it.

I just wished Rudy took that into account as a trump card of sorts. Can you imagine the badass had Rudy done this?

11403373 1588967878034700 3757911931695869466 n
Magic god Rudeus

@NotEvenHuman:

I see. It's just that there is nothing else to work with on that profile so I can't make much of it.

*Images are added to give a visual representation, but hopefully, the real thing is just as badass.

@Gemmysaur I thought when you said "MK.II is body armor and nothing else" that you meant it was just a suit of armor, not a "power suit". My bad lol. Also dear god he would have been OP if he had gone down that power-up route. I think he gave up on touki and chantless healing too easily considering how much of a game changer they'de be with his mana pool.

@Gemmysaur Yeah, Negi's profile needs some more work. I don't know exactly how strong Negi was by the end of the Mahora Festival, but the OBD has Chao, who he barely managed to beat at the end of the festival, as Large Town level with her strongest spell (althought IIRC, Chao didn't have time to use the spell at full power in the end of the fight and lost because of that).

I'm gunna have to reread Negima, the details are really starting to slip away from me.

Back