• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Neferpitou vs Blade Wolf Rematch (4-1-0)

He fought the dude who performed all of that shit mate(in melee I might add)
How?
How does that even scale? "He quickly learns a skill and skill stomps someone better one week after", how would fighting him make anyone scale to that particular feat, or any other in that caliber?

Also, link me the fight, I'm watching that shit.

How?
How does that even scale? "He quickly learns a skill and skill stomps someone better one week after", how would fighting him make anyone scale to that particular feat, or any other in that caliber?

I mean you'd only really find gameplay, which isn't a good reflection of canonical skill. Cause uh, it's gameplay.

How?

Blade Wolf is literally the second boss in the game that isn't a glorified QTE(first fight with Sam)

Your right, Blade Wolf doesn't scale scale Raiden's RE or RPL or whatever it is now, he does however scale somewhat to Raiden's overall actual skill,

It's gameplay(look it up there's bound to be like 500 vids of it), but to sum it up: Blade wolf sneak attacks Raiden, Raiden managed to parry, Blade wolf yeets some knives, Raiden catches one in his heel thing, they talk and then fight, Blade Wolf utilizing his better melee range to his advantage(massive sweeps and shit mostly) and occasionally calling in fodder Raiden butchers in seconds, they fight for like a couple minutes and eventually Raiden sushi's Blade Wolf. Same thing with Blade Wolf's fight with Sam except this time he doesn't bother with the knives and just attacks him while invisible. Oh and also he never called for aid.

Also, you shouldn't scale skill like that. If your character shows mid skills in combat when fighting with some sort of "skill god", then too bad, your character still had mid skills and it's more of an anti-feat for the skill god
That would result in characters seemingly having very inconsistent skill-levels given that portrayal of skill is often tied into whom they're fighting against.
A pro boxer fighting a novice is gonna look a lot better than a pro boxer fighting another pro.
For an example compare how Raiden appears in his fight against the Metal Gear RAY with his first fight against Sam.

That would result in characters seemingly having very inconsistent skill-levels given that portrayal of skill is often tied into whom they're fighting against.
A pro boxer fighting a novice is gonna look a lot better than a pro boxer fighting another pro.
For an example compare how Raiden appears in his fight against the Metal Gear RAY with his first fight against Sam.
hit the nail on the head, holy hell

Yes it is. Yes it absolutely is. Several people wank a character's abilities due to skill scaling characters that have shown terrible skill feats on screen due to this faulty logic that Skill works like Attack Potency. it does not.

Has Blade Wolf outskilled the "skill god" character in literally all attributes which said character is known to be skillful at? No? Then why the hell do we scale them to him in skill? It makes no sense.

Then how, how does Blade Wolf outskills or even keeps up in skill with the character you're claiming it scales to?

What are you talking about?
ALL SKILL FEATS ARE FROM EITHER STATEMENTS OR IN-GAME SHOWINGS.

Blade Wolf has none. Its movements are stale. Why do we have to say its is capable of doing something it has never shown to do.

Claim skill trees however the hell you want, I don't mind, but if I ask you how would Blade Wolf skill stomp Pitou, y'all freeze in place. How would it skill stomp when Pitou can see character three to four times her speed in slow motion, and amp herself? Who can use En and literally feel all movement in a 2 kilometer radius? How? How would it do that? If you can't really provide a tangible argument for it, why do you even claim skill stomping? It's ridiculous.

does nen crush work on inorganic physiology type 2

have we ever seen it work on robots

cause I remember a similar thing with bleach

something something reiatsu crush something something work on robots too.

Blade Wolf is literally the second boss in the game that isn't a glorified QTE(first fight with Sam)

Your right, Blade Wolf doesn't scale scale Raiden's RE or RPL or whatever it is now, he does however scale somewhat to Raiden's overall actual skill,

It's gameplay(look it up there's bound to be like 500 vids of it), but to sum it up: Blade wolf sneak attacks Raiden, Raiden managed to parry, Blade wolf yeets some knives, Raiden catches one in his heel thing, they talk and then fight, Blade Wolf utilizing his better melee range to his advantage(massive sweeps and shit mostly) and occasionally calling in fodder Raiden butchers in seconds, they fight for like a couple minutes and eventually Raiden sushi's Blade Wolf. Same thing with Blade Wolf's fight with Sam except this time he doesn't bother with the knives and just attacks him while invisible. Oh and also he never called for aid.
Then just say the feats which BW scale to. That was a rhetorical ask, I understand now.
I won't try and claim that Pitou is more skilled than BW, but claiming it's some sort of a skill god whose attacks cannot be dodged by someone with better overall movement, slowmo vision that can make attacks 3-4x faster slow as a snail, movement detection and instinctive senses on ridiculous levels is insanity.

I protest because that's what you claimed last thread! "Pitou can't possibly dodge BW's attacks because skill". That's what you said. It's still a ridiculous claim after showing me the skill gap.

Either way, we can actually have a debate now, as supposedly we have two knowledgeable people here. (I assume you, and me).
Pitou doesn't jump into the meat and potatoes immediately (only if the target is far away), so we can start by stating what does BW usually start with?

Then just say the feats which BW scale to. That was a rhetorical ask, I understand now.
I won't try and claim that Pitou is more skilled than BW, but claiming it's some sort of a skill god whose attacks cannot be dodged by someone with better overall movement, slowmo vision that can make attacks 3-4x faster slow as a snail, movement detection and instinctive senses on ridiculous levels is insanity.

I protest because that's what you claimed last thread! "Pitou can't possibly dodge BW's attacks because skill". That's what you said. It's still a ridiculous claim after showing me the skill gap.

Either way, we can actually have a debate now, as supposedly we have two knowledgeable people here. (I assume you, and me).
Pitou doesn't jump into the meat and potatoes immediately (only if the target is far away), so we can start by stating what does BW usually start with?
That's what was missing last thread, I didn't know there were some perception amps that Pitou had, still doesnt help the skill gap being massive to the point where Blade Wolf can just dodge god her but still, it's a fair fight and not a stomp.

See above

Depends on the range, Blade Wolf at a distance will use his frankly ridiculous stealth to sneak up on the target and kill them from behind with a quick hit of the chainsaw or an aphor mentioned knife, he could also use invisibility to this effect as well, at a close range it will engage in melee obviously with knives being used outside of effective melee range

That's what was missing last thread, I didn't know there were some perception amps that Pitou had, still doesnt help the skill gap being massive to the point where Blade Wolf can just dodge god her but still, it's a fair fight and not a stomp.

See above

Depends on the range, Blade Wolf at a distance will use his frankly ridiculous stealth to sneak up on the target and kill them from behind with a quick hit of the chainsaw or an aphor mentioned knife, he could also use invisibility to this effect as well, at a close range it will engage in melee obviously with knives being used outside of effective melee range
How does he get past being sensed by En?

Does En sense beings that are literal robots(unless I'm missing something)
Sensing everything.

From Nen page: En - Psychometry (En creates a barrier which allows users to feel the shape and movement of anything in the radius).
  • En (円エン, En; "Circle") is an advanced application of Ten and Ren in which a user extends aura around a certain distance using Ren to extend their aura Ten to give shape to it, normally a sphere. The minimum requirements for En are to extend aura by two meters and hold it for one minute. Anything within En is instantly sensed by the user.

Also, you shouldn't scale skill like that. If your character shows mid skills in combat when fighting with some sort of "skill god", then too bad, your character still had mid skills and it's more of an anti-feat for the skill god

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

What are you talking about?
ALL SKILL FEATS ARE FROM EITHER STATEMENTS OR IN-GAME SHOWINGS.

Blade Wolf has none. Its movements are stale. Why do we have to say its is capable of doing something it has never shown to do.

Claim skill trees however the hell you want, I don't mind, but if I ask you how would Blade Wolf skill stomp Pitou, y'all freeze in place. How would it skill stomp when Pitou can see character three to four times her speed in slow motion, and amp herself? Who can use En and literally feel all movement in a 2 kilometer radius? How? How would it do that? If you can't really provide a tangible argument for it, why do you even claim skill stomping? It's ridiculous.

Im crying

That shit has to STOP LMAOOO

You're "punching the air", as I have never said skill scaling doesn't exist, I said skill scaling isn't done like Attack Potency scaling. You don't keep up with someone in checkers and suddenly you're as skilled as them in hand to hand combat for example. Not necessarily what's going on here, but still, it should illustrate my point decently well.

Again, you cannot claim "No, Game Mechanics", the skill feats are mostly taken from said gameplay. "Skill Stomp" shouldn't be a insta win card for a debate, "explain how the character will use its skill in combat, or drop the argument", is what should be done.
^^^^^^^^^

BRO

There is a match I am in where someone has statements like (This skill god is 10x more skilled than this skill god). Then Im like "but shill god is predictable". Then theyre like " IT DOESNT MATTER, HE SKILL STOMPS". I'm like "with predictable moves". NO YOU GET SKILL STOMPED, HIS SWORD SWINGING SKILLS ARE BETTER, HE HAS BEEN SWINGING HIS SWORD FOR CENTURIES". "Yeah I know he has been swinging his predictable movements for centuries agaisnt other predictable swordsmen"

Im crying

That shit has to STOP LMAOOO

^^^^^^^^^

BRO

There is a match I am in where someone has statements like (This skill god is 10x more skilled than this skill god). Then Im like "but shill god is predictable". Then theyre like " IT DOESNT MATTER, HE SKILL STOMPS". I'm like "with predictable moves". NO YOU GET SKILL STOMPED, HIS SWORD SWINGING SKILLS ARE BETTER, HE HAS BEEN SWINGING HIS SWORD FOR CENTURIES". "Yeah I know he has been swinging his predictable movements for centuries agaisnt other predictable swordsmen"
Is this from the Meliodas and Zeldris Vs Yuno and Asta? Because let me tell you this Mel and Zel aren't really that skilled and they just got wanked as hell

Pitou is still a genius and fairly skilled, it's not a skill master vs a dumb cat, it's a skill master vs a skill... intermediate? I dunno, the skill gap won't matter much given Pitou relies a lot more on her sheer abilities.

En will neg any sort of stealth so we can rule that out. Any attacks from Pitou will tear the robot apart given the AP gap, she usually uses her claws for that. Her durability is also considerably higher than her AP given it took several hits from Adult Gon's Jajanken (a 5 Megaton attack) to bust her skull open, so it's likely that Wolf ain't doing any damage with melee.

Pitou won't hide away from the melee either. So we can assume this scenario will play out once BW realizes stealth won't work.
As soon as Pitou realizes BW is more skilled (and that she can't overwhelm it with power or speed), she'll opt for her perception manipulation. This should account for the skill gap, as she can attack where it will dodge (at this point, no boosts are in place, they are equalized), and, shocker, a two-legged fighter have better movements than a four-legged one in melee.
In the span of one blow, Pitou is likely to connect at least one hit which will heavily damage her opponent. And truthfully, given BW's lack of knowledge on Nen, and her abilities, it's likely not going to suspect that she'd be able to connect said blow.

He gave up anyway but I know he will come back for more, but lets not derail this thread
Arnold, go back to sucking on @Makai64100's toes.
Can.... Can we not?
Like, please, just stay quiet if you're not adding anything to the topic. You may vote when the debate is over though.
LOL good thing that i didn't participated in that shit because the last time (Meliodas Vs Satsuki) the skill feats they are talking about is shit ngl.
This includes you

jQOsI8v.png

Pov Blade Wolf is trying to stealth his way to Neferpitou to "chainsaw him"

jQOsI8v.png

Pov Blade Wolf is trying to stealth his way to Neferpitou to "chainsaw him"
It includes you as well, you're not really contributing with these, and needlessly increasing the length of this thread, please just wait, or hop in to the conversation.

Back