• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(NEEDS VOTES) Me questioning how a monster lost to a Capy (Lauren (Slender: The Eight Pages) vs The Rake)

Let me get this straight, The Rake lost to Jesse cuz he's a hardened criminal despite the "oof yourself" hax, and the Rake lost to a Capy because it's only AP feat is killing a child? I would see why Lauren wouldn't do well unlike Jesse, but a Capy? A monster of the Rake's stature and bodily weaponry would be more than capable of killing a regular person. This thread is here to somewhat prove that. I'll give Lauren a couple of advantages and a story just to make things more fair for her.

Story+conditions in bold
  • Waking up after a chase from the Slenderman, she pushes herself off the ground, turns her head around her, and absorbs in her surroundings. She sees a page on a tree left by Kate (along with others, warning her of another skinny, scary, sinister entity).
  • With Kate's insane writings, she mentions the entity is taller than her probing her for information before threatening her viciously. Lauren feels that the Rake has been recently here... too recent... Lauren has basic knowledge of the Rake's Tactics and has 5 min of preparation, speed is equal.
Protag with plot armor so thick she has too much durability for gameplay purposes: 2 (AThe1412, McFriesGuy075

This is why we don't threaten others:

They both die of boredom (incon):

I would like to point out the main thing of contention would be if the Rake's piercing goodies are enough to kill her, along with if Lauren could push through the Rake's fear+mind manip. Hope this actually works since Lauren has absolutely no canon combat exp besides her tanking Kate's attacks.

Last edited:
Don't underestimate the Capy. It defeated Heisenberg the Animal Killer. Also, Jesse being a hardened criminal was just one of the reasons. He has prior knowledge of Rake so he knows what to expect when it threatens him, that he's actually stronger and can just beat the shit out of it. Keep in mind that all of its victims are relatively normal people who are obviously afraid of the supernatural.

Last edited:
Don't underestimate the Capy. It defeated Heisenberg the Animal Killer. Also, Jesse being a hardened criminal was just one of the reasons. He has prior knowledge of Rake so he knows what to expect when it threatens him, that he's actually stronger and can just beat the shit out of it. Keep in mind that all of its victims are relatively normal people who are obviously afraid of the supernatural.
Speaking of negative opinions and victims afraid of the supernatural, is this really fair for Lauren? I know she's a weak combatant and she briefly survived slendy after getting the eight pages, but in contrast, is the Rake capable of piercing her?

Speaking of negative opinions and victims afraid of the supernatural, is this really fair for Lauren? I know she's a weak combatant and she briefly survived slendy after getting the eight pages, but in contrast, is the Rake capable of piercing her?
Probably. Its claws could honestly be possibly 9-C as badly injuring a child to the point where blood is spilled all over it and leading to death seems a bit too much for something that's only 10-B.

Probably. Its claws could honestly be possibly 9-C as badly injuring a child to the point where blood is spilled all over it and leading to death seems a bit too much for something that's only 10-B.
I'm having a feeling the Rake has more versatility here. It technically has an edge in mental combat toughness and combat exp even though any 10-B girl under SBA is capable of badly injuring a child. And it has supernatural hax.

Although Lauren does have some stamina and prior knowledge to counter the Rake's hax, the primary thing both combatants will fight on is physical. Any counterarguments?

I'm having a feeling the Rake has more versatility here. It technically has an edge in mental combat toughness and combat exp even though any 10-B girl under SBA is capable of badly injuring a child. And it has supernatural hax.

Although Lauren does have some stamina and prior knowledge to counter the Rake's hax, the primary thing both combatants will fight on is physical. Any counterarguments?
Well, Lauren's durability is still higher while Rake is 10-B so I think she'll have an easier time hurting it than it hurting her. If she can endure Slendy's maddening hax for quite some time then I doubt Rake can do much to stop her from fighting.

Well, Lauren's durability is still higher while Rake is 10-B so I think she'll have an easier time hurting it than it hurting her. If she can endure Slendy's maddening hax for quite some time then I doubt Rake can do much to stop her from fighting.
Voting her?

Throw Rake at this man. LowTierGod ah match.

Throw Rake at this man. LowTierGod ah match.
Done: https://vsbattles.com/threads/ah-ye...encing-fight-the-rake-vs-tang-sanzang.173872/

Back