• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Natsu's speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want concrete proof and evidence that magical light and shadow can travel at 300,000km/s....

Sigh I was thinking of helping FT go up in terms of power but I'm gonna have to change my mind...

Why shouldn't it? It was stated to be a laser, and Natsu repeatedly avoided it. Shouldn't the evidence of it not travelling at lightspeed be on your end?

Light travels at 300,000 km/s right. So if Sting's attack was truly light speed then it would've crossed the entire length of Fiore in a split second....

Also about the Bambina and Coco thing. Coco's poison spears were stated as moving near light speed. And Toriko characters already had MHS+ feats before that to back this up so we can believe the statement that Coco's poison spears move near light speed. But FT barely has even a High Hypersonic feat so this can easily be considered as an outliner.

Also just because Sting's attack had laser in it's name doesn't mean it moves at light speed...

fairy tail characters already had sub reletavistic speeds to back this up, sub reletavistic is far superior to massivly hyper sonic

no if stings attack werent light speed then we would have seen several panals moving, when you use a laser pointer it doesnt cross the entire world or even a couple buildings, the light emmiting from it dies out

actually yes just because it is called a laser means it is light speed, it doesnt have laser in the name its form is a laser. all lasers are completely composed of photon molecules aka they are pure light

explain how pure light doesnt move at the speed of light

If names within techniques are taken so seriously, Bleach had Lightning timers early on due to avoiding Hado 4, White Lighting. Which fires a white lightning Bolt. Regardless of what form it takes, it's a White Bolt made up of Reishi and Reiatsu, along with Reiryoku. Same goes for magic. It's not actual light, it's magical light and travels at a speed significantly slower.

It's an outlier, FT has shown people blitzing Natsu, we've seen Natsu be hit by slower magics (not light).

and yes they have sub reletavistic feats, as early as the battle of fairy tail arc the majority of the characters at natsus level or higher were sub reletavistic

Sub-Relativistic feats yeah right. Show me one.

A laser pointer is tiny and even then it can still cross more than a hundred meters in a split second. The beam from Sting's laser is hundreds of times larger than that of a laser pointer and it's far more potent as it can casully destroy Large Buildings. Again even if the light emiting from it dies down it still would've crossed a few hundred kilometers before the light dies down.

It has laser in its name. It shoots a beam. Darui's technique has laser in its name and it shoot beams as well.

Explain how it is pure light. It was made from magic....

You're basing your entire argument on the words used to desribe the technique itself, which if the feats shown by that technique, or the way it was avoided contradicts how it works. It clearly is just for descriptive effect.

Also Coco's spear that was stated to be going near light speed was using a special spear technique, said spear technique involved using an attack that would accelerate to near the speed of light, it's the entire purpose of the feat and is far faster than Coco himself and the rest of the Heavenly Kings for that matter, if anyones wondering.

that we should rate Natsu at FTL speed due to repeatedly dodging lasers and shadows. What do the rest of you think?

Magic lasers... O, yes, it's FTL. *sarcasm*

Seriously, FT characters are a Hypersonic at maximum.

Nope. For DBZ we can at least tell than Piccolo's lasers are indeed lightspeed or close as it destroyed the moon within a second or two, for FT we don't have anything as such. Laser in comic/manga are never lightspeed unless told so otherwise

Even if it was lightspeed, then it would still be an outlier. FT characters in my knowledge haven't shown a single MHS feat as of now

Spiderman dodges laser...

Okay. Never mind. Natsu's speed should probably stay where it is then.

Joseph619 said:
Nope. For DBZ we can at least tell than Piccolo's lasers are indeed lightspeed or close as it destroyed the moon within a second or two, for FT we don't have anything as such. Laser in comic/manga are never lightspeed unless told so otherwise
Even if it was lightspeed, then it would still be an outlier. FT characters in my knowledge haven't shown a single MHS feat as of now

Spiderman dodges laser...
Why are you even bringing in DBZ into this...

You're comments were worthy of Kudos.

But getting back on the topic at hand. Do you think that 3sad5me is actually gonna come back with Sub-Relativistic feats for Fairy Tail. As far as I remember they've never even had a legit MHS feat....

not going to read the comment chain:

natsu dodging lasers or shadows, no matter how many times, is a pure outlier, as all his calculateable speed feats give much much lower results, and he is getting constantly speed blitzed by characters who are arguabley MHS at best, its the same deal as Aushwhalen from bleach, or however the hell you spell that...

Magical light (and magical lightning) are never assumed to be actual speed unless certain conditions are met (i.e. if light comes from the sun, or a fire, etc. or if lightning goes from cloud to ground). Sting's light also has some distincively un-light-like properties, so we don't assume light speed.

Treat it like pacifista lasers.

Natsu still dodged light no matter how you look at it, Stings abilities allow him to manipulate and generate light, that allows him to bend it and manipulate it as he pleases. Looking at other characters that were able to dodge light like Spiderman, Captain America, Black Widow etc. they can be given mhs just from said feats

Just because its magical doesnt mean it's not moving at the same speed as regular elements Zatana and Shazam for ex. both have been shown to fire beams of magical light induced attacks at targets, along with Shazams magical elemental control.

So Natsu can be counted on the scale of mhs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back