• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Natsu Dragneel vs Tatsumi Oga

I think Tatsumi has the edge in this fight. Only 2 out of 9 of his techniques are explosive based, and Natsu has been shown to eat explosives in his fight with Jackal. Igneel's powers can only last for a few minutes since it did only lasted for about a chapter. Natsu can't eat the other elements Tatsumi has in his disposal since it's not magic and Tatsumi has his super saiyan form and super milk time to boost his stats.

I'm inclined to vote for Natsu. Oga's explosive abilities are rendered moot due to Natsu ability to eat explosions, his ranged techniques are also irrelevant due to Natsu's power nullification, this would encourage him to engage in a straight up physical confrontation which won't work well since Natsu's range and AOE aren't hindered in any way.

Limited power nullification that has allowed him to counter direct ranged attacks, my point still holds.

And if he is only allowed to hold his FDKM for a few minutes why is this fight a thing? It's places an unfair advantage in Tats corner as now his opponent only has minutes to take him on b4 becoming significantly weaker, why not put one of Natsu's other high 6c forms? It makes the fight even

No Natsu can use Igneels power for as long as possible, within reason of course as he still skeeps his stamina.

Theglassman12 said:
Tatsumi still has his ssj form and super milk time to give him the win.
Do either of these abilities somehow circumvent the advantages I've already stated Natsu has? Or are they simply statistic amplification techniques? If the latter, the fight still generally plays out the same all be it with Tats becoming harder to put down.

However Oga has far larger range, in fact his emblems could be seen as far as the atmosphere, making his range large country level. Nobody on Fairy Tail has range even comparable to that. I personally believe Oga wins.

RinkakuKagune said:
However Oga has far larger range, in fact his emblems could be seen as far as the atmosphere, making his range large country level. Nobody on Fairy Tail has range even comparable to that. I personally believe Oga wins.
Except range becomes irrelevant if ur opponent can nullify ur attacks b4 they even make contact; I addressed this above- it's y I said Tats would have to get in close to cause damage which just places him at a disadvantage

Vote for Natsu for Davidsteel's reasons. If Natsu managed to burn Zeref's Death magic, he should be able to burn Oga's attacks. Besides, Oga's explosive attacks will only boost Natsu, which gives him an even greater advantage.

Takamiya was able to nullify Oga's Spells look what happened to him, If is stop smart enough to overpower those that can negate his abilities and he demonstrates that against Takamiya (the walking hax machine of Beelzebub) using, wait for it, physical clos quarters attacks. In fact other than Annihilation energy, when Oga found out about Takamiya's negation abilities he only used physical attacks.

And range matters alot qhen against negation, how can you negate spells/emblems that you don't even kbow are there. You think Natsu is capable of negate a small city wide Annihilation Energy spell? Or the countless spells that range in kilometers, engulfing in parts of Japan with his Zebub Finisher. Natsu has no chance of negating them, simple as that.

And regarding explosive abilities thata not the only ability that Oga possess. In fact his physical strength is the main reason why I say he wins.

Oga: 3 Natsu: 2

Ok 1) ur the OP u r not meant to count ur own vote irrespective of who u think will

2) ur suggesting Natsu who has senses sharp enough to here casual conversation from far away distances won't hear Tats attacks coming?

3) ur referring to Tats using cqc against a character who could nullify his attacks, while ignoring why I have already said it's a bad idea- Natsu's range and AOE are in no way impeded it just pits him at a disadvantage

Tatsumi was able to distract Takamiya with his spells and flanked him, and I'm sorry but sense are irrelevant if you don't have the speed to reach to attacks. Takamiya could literally pull people towards home and he was still flanked by Oga. And I bring up Takamiya because like Natsi here,his range wasn't impeaded either. Oga was just a smarter fighter. Plus once again, the majority of Oga's fight rely heavily on Physical power. That's how he stomped the shit out of Fuji, who is Large Island level in durability. He only uses spells because it's more convenient that attacks.

Natsu: 2

Oga: 2

'Speed equalised ur the OP u put down that rule; speed is a non-factor. And Tats is a smart fighter- so is just about every anime protagonist ever including Natsu, he's memorise the combat style of 2 characters in the heat of battle and managed to counter them effectively. Both r intelligent (in combat anyway) it's a matter of who is better equipped at this point

No he cannot nullify an infinite amount of magic. And Oga does have high AP and Durability seeing as how Natsu is a baseline High 6-C meanwhile Oga is a mid tier High 6-C ( 410 gigatons.)

I'm pretty sure that was written off as PIS. Destroying / getting rid of an infinite amount of something is typically High 3-A. But thanks for the laugh.

Once again "LIMITED power nullification." As the name suggests his nullification is very limited.

Natsu has only been shown to "Burn" away powers when he gets emotional ( Expect for Sting however i believe he was only able to do that because Stings Stigma was literally on Natsu.)

My point here is that the chances of Natsu burning any attacks from Oga are low. And even if he could he could still potentially get one shot by Oga.

No "limited power nullification" doesn't suddenly mean he's relegated to only nullifying attacks when he's emotional. It means he can only nullify simple straight forward abilities and not straight up nullify the powers of others b4 they even do that- in fact u bringing up Sting just proves ur point wrong. Even he's battle with Zeref he wasn't riding high on any powerful emotions, he just literally wanted to take Zeref down heck he started the fight with a smile.

Pls don't make up limitations to characters abilities unless shown in canon

I was referring the Natsu burning FH whenever I said he gets emotional. Perhaps I should have been more clear on that. And notice that I literally said "Expect for Sting."

I am not making any limitations, I am just going off what I've seen. And I'm pretty sure Natsu was emotional in his fight with Zeref https://dailyanimeart.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/natsu-vs-zeref1.png?w\x3d340\x26h\x3d340\x26crop\x3d1

My point still stands that Natsu isn't nullifying the majority of Oga's attacks. Oga is very likely to one shot Natsu here.

His initial fight with Zeref? U know the one where he used FDKM for the first time? The FDKM we're discussing right now?

I literally just read the chapters that Natsu and Zeref first fought and Natsu indeed seemed emotional. And by the way you cannot simply remove the time limit from Natsu's form.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
I literally just read the chapters that Natsu and Zeref first fought and Natsu indeed seemed emotional. And by the way you cannot simply remove the time limit from Natsu's form.
Pls explain this. U say he's emotional, but up until finding out Zeref was his brother he didn't hold a vendetta against him he just saw him as a threat that needed to be dealt with. And if that qualifies as being "emotional" then considering he's fighting Oga in what seems to be the same conditions (he's a threat that needs to be neutralised) according to ur definition of an emotional Natsu this conversation shouldn't matter should it?

And yes removing the time limit is acceptable; I've seen a few threads in the past where this was done for Luffy's gear 4 in order to even put the fight. There is no rule anywhere I've seen that dissuades this

Actually your right about one thing. This conversation doesn't matter. After this reply I'm done arguing and dropping this discussion with you.

And my definition of emotional doesn't matter here. Considering that the OP never said anything like "Both are bloodlusted" or even a scenario to make them fight. Also considering Natsu's personality he wouldn't consider Oga "A threat that needs to be neutralized." Zeref had a good reason for Natsu wanting to neutralize him. Meanwhile Oga doesn't.

And from what Scarlet told me apparently removing time limiters isn't allowed.

State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't.

That's straight from the standard battle assumptions page; Natsu is very much willing to kill Oga, whilst in character that is. And since this is the 2 time skip Natsu, who has shown that he is very much willing to incapacitate enemies on his level as quickly as possible (whilst being cautious about collateral damage) he would in fact try his best to take out Oga as quickly and effectively as possible. But I assume this is irrelevant now since u don't feel like responding anymore.

Back