• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, I do think it should be enough.
I took a look at the Roswaal feat again, and I will admit it isn't the most direct comparison. It was definitely my weakest point there, but even so, for someone weaker than Halibel to not even feel anything when directly striking a being that vaporizes a chunk of a city just by existing with his bare hands, it's clear his heat resistance is extremely high. ReZero characters fighting with lightning is undeniable, however. As are absolute zero temperatures. If you think this isn't enough to resist being near them, then this becomes a boring stomp match. At least if he resists it it isn't technically a stomp.

Controversial opinion: people should hold off on voting until the discussion has concluded.

At this point, I haven't seen a compelling argument against Halibel's invisibility or his dodging capabilities.

Additionally, Deadspot isn't solely about death manipulation; it also specifically targets your opponent's most vulnerable points to deliver a one-shot kill.

His deadspot powernull also just nulls things that would normally destroy his kunai on contact, given we know that he'd be killed by Valga's Stratagem (presumably pulverized like everyone else), yet his tossed kunai still neutralized it by hitting the deadspot.
Halibel: “Here’s the deadspot.”

As soon as they said it, the figure advanced in front of the three, and swung the arm they had taken out of their sleeves, tossing something into the white light.

The light possessed the power to swallow everything and turn it into dust. Beyond the barrier that Emilia and Julius had used to hold it back, that too would be swallowed up and then disappear.

Or, so it had seemed.

Emilia: “No way…”

Letting out a voice akin to a gasp, Emilia’s amethyst eyes widened.

Reflected in her beautiful eyes was not the white Death that had been so close at hand, in fact, that had disappeared entirely; and instead reflected was the night sky, covered with thick clouds that had now been hollowed out in the shape of the light.

Witnessing the same thing, both Subaru and Julius were left speechless.

The aurora-clad ice wall that had collided with the light had also disappeared, and the fake Ryuzu, who had used herself as a target, disappeared into the light, leaving nothing behind――
Halibel: “Hahaha, ain’t it a good thing ta be honest? In fact, I was also surprised when I was suddenly called by the young blue Oni girl. If I’d been hit by it without knowin’ I’d also be dead y’know? If anythin’, I feel like I narrowly escaped death ‘cause she told me ‘bout it.”

Anyone wanna tell me what's so special about this Re:Zero's characters invisibility? Ngl it sounds like it's being overblown to be some type of flawless N.E.P.

Also as far as Analytical Prediction is concerned, if we really wanna say "Halibel can predict and dodge everything" then we can both play that game. Natsu was able to tag Zeref multiple times with no issues despite Zero having some pretty crazy Analytical prediction himself. So now one can argue that Natsu alone can hit him perfectly fine due to Natsu having experience against crazy levels of AP and his own AoE making it hard for Hailbel to reasonably dodge.

Addressed this already, scans in the message.
You haven't even given a scan for the hearing stuff.

As for the smelling stuff, that's pretty basic for smell based enhanced senses, Natsu has like dozens of smell based sensing feats so comparing the two likely doesn't pan out in that Re:Zero's characters favor.

You haven't even given a scan for the hearing stuff.
I did, check the message that was linked.

As for the smelling stuff, that's pretty basic for smell based enhanced senses, Natsu has like dozens of smell based sensing feats so comparing the two likely doesn't pan out in that Re:Zero's characters favor.
Groovy's full schnoz justification

Natsu was able to tag Zeref multiple times with no issues despite Zero having some pretty crazy Analytical prediction himself.
This
Analytical Prediction (Zeref has been shown to be comparable if not superior to Mavis in tactical skills. During the events of the Alvarez Arc, he was capable of developing an invasion strategy that Mavis was unable to counter)

Isn't even mid-combat analytical prediction. Literal untrained children in Re:Zero have better feats than this. I assume you have better feats in mind, but they aren't on his page, so I can't see them.

and his own AoE making it hard for Hailbel to reasonably dodge
I mean, he can dodge with the tiniest opening:
――The water mirror shattered in the sky, turned into raindrops, and poured down upon the entire Imperial Capital.

Like a passing storm, it drenched the Imperial Capital, with raindrops striking the living and the dead alike.

And so they were blades of water, the harmful disguised as the harmless.

Slowly, the drops that slid over the skin of those struck by raindrops shuddered, becoming blades. This danger loomed equally over everyone, except those who were inside buildings or the transcendent beings who avoided the rain by instinctive intuition.

It became a fatal line, one that could no longer be avoided.

And even if there's no opening:
Olbart avoided the showy attack, but right after, Yorna struck the roof with her heel. Then, one-by-one, the roof tiles rose and began to float, revolving around in midair.

Drawing an extremely large spiral across the entirety of the roof, the circumference of the whirlpool narrowed towards Olbart at the center―― Just like a tornado. And then――

Yorna: “Why don’t you show me some of your shinobi techniques on how to escape from a place without an opening?

Before she finished speaking, Yorna’s outstretched hand squeezed tight.

Immediately after, the whirling tornado of tiles engulfed Olbart and compressed him into the center in one fell swoop. The tiles collided with each other relentlessly, and the sound of a fierce, all-crushing impact rang out.

Even a somewhat robust human body would not be able to withstand the pressure at the nexus of this fierce destruction. It would be crushed, with no chance of survival.
Rui: “Au…”

Witnessing the same thing, Rui too gasped at its exuberant destructive power.

In response to Rui’s reaction, Yorna quietly replied, “I’m sorry to have frightened you”,

Yorna: “I started all this on a whim of mine. I feel terrible about the way you look…”

Olbart: “Oioi, don’t’cha go thinkin’ we’re done here. I’m tellin’ ya, the fact that I’m still alive even tho’ I’m a geezer means it’ll take a lot ta kill me, ya know?”

Yorna: “――Hk.”

Just as Yorna was about to turn around, she heard that comment and her fox ears perked up. Taking a look towards it, the voice she’d heard had come from a whirlpool of roof tiles that had gathered at their center, crushing it―― No, it had come from behind it.

Accompanied by a rattle, the voice that came from among the debris of the broken roof tiles was that of Olbart, unharmed despite the fact he’d been at the core of the vortex of devastation.

The monstrous old man waved his hand, smiling with a malicious look on his face,

Olbart: “Yo. And that’s the shinobi’s technique of escapin’ when there’s no openin’. Ya satisfied?

And swap with a log.

And as stated above, he can just powernull AoE with a flick of his wrist, too.

I'm eating atm so I'll reply to the rest later.

Zeref's Predictions scale to Mavis who has this. Analytical Prediction (Mavis is capable of memorizing the magic, strength, psychology, and movement patterns of everyone participating in the Grand Magic Games[1], which she uses to calculate millions of Battle Simulations in her mind
over the period of 4 days which means its not combat applicable
the funniest part is this:
Halibel can perception amp himself so hard that he can run hundreds of millions of simulations in an instant while it took her 4 days to just run a couple million
Pretty sure thats just her being confident in herself tbh
Anyways, how does zeref scale to Mavis?

Halibel FRA,

I just don't think they can permanently put him down, you'd need to kill all of his clones at once (he can also bait them with lower lvl clones), he's already dealt with large AOE fire attacks before (he made 2 of his clones generate a storm of wind to blow away the Yang Sword's flames) and even if he can't defend against those attacks, he can just... dodge by having each of his clones throw each other into the sky (I'm saying this because he's already done it) and as the other people above have said... he's gonna be hard to hit and can also just neutralize their attacks with Deadspot.

Halibel FRA,

I just don't think they can permanently put him down, you'd need to kill all of his clones at once (he can also bait them with lower lvl clones), he's already dealt with large AOE fire attacks before (he made 2 of his clones generate a storm of wind to blow away the Yang Sword's flames) and even if he can't defend against those attacks, he can just... dodge by having each of his clones throw each other into the sky (I'm saying this because he's already done it) and as the other people above have said... he's gonna be hard to hit and can also just neutralize their attacks with Deadspot.
dont forget invisible to all of their senses

i think the pregnant-looking wolfman takes it personally
just to clarify this is an actual vote rather than just me expressing my opinion.
i think re:zero's bullshit skill + halibel's kit like invis + cloning + deadspot specifically are just too much to handle.

Halibel FRA,

Natsu's fire isn't really ordinary. So hearing a storm is gunna blow it away sounds doubtful. Also the dodging is doubtful with speed equalized. Aoe that is. Sounds like something more plausible with a speed advantage but I have doubts instant AOE is gunna be avoided with equalized speed

Back