• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I was talking about how you and Lance said that her Authority didn't extend to her mud being the reason why it wouldn't be 2-A so I grabbed a scan that said her Authority is her mud.

But her mud still doesn't mind hax at all it does everything else but mind hax we can't say her mud gives 2-A plus the description does not mention mind hax,

It quite evidently is mindhax though

"Upon emergence from the Mud, the Children of Tiamat are imposed with a cellular-level Geis automatically rendering them as enemies of Man"

If you know what a Geis is, it's description of working is evidently mindhax as when used on Shirou so that he can't go against Rin's commands for the whole war (aka mindhax) it is described as "traveling through his nerves to become infused into his body and mind", with a Geis being said to work similarly to a command spell, which can also control the mind of servants

AshenCrow777 said:
But her mud still doesn't mind hax at all it does everything else but mind hax we can't say her mud gives 2-A plus the description does not mention mind hax,
Sorry, I meant soul manip. I keep getting soul manip mixed up with mind manip for what the mud does.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/dq4hwi/saber_wars_ii_summary_part_2/

>Six Blades Flash Sword Billy

>Billy… Billy The Flash.

When eating at the space diner, X commented that the food there is the same as the ones used by "Chef Red", the Masked Archer who became the chief cook of the Diner Group (Yes, I have no idea the f*ck that means.) Guda also feels that the flavor resembles ones made by EMIYA at Chaldea. It seems the Servant Universe version of EMIYA is a world-wide famous chef.

Great job Emiya.

If it's called part of her authority I vuess that works, I am just iffy on it because it is not shown to reach that level at all.

Also, no, Geis are not mind control and neither are command seals. Servants are completely awake when a Command Seal happens, whether they can fight it back or not is another thing entirely. You can even break Geis, like Cu was forced to when his death drew near, you will just need to pay the prize for breaking it.

Being aware of being controlled doesn't make it suddenly not be control.

Shirou was controlled by Rin's geis and it was specifically said to enter and affect his mind, command seals can also be used to control servants. In addition, the way her geis in particular is described is more akin to mindhax anyway

I just got all of the scans for SWII feats. And I must say, it's pretty ridiculous.

Just mentioning the few, MHXA can actually control Infinite Bean Paste now, meaning she is now near universal reality warper who likes sweets and MHX can easily negate dura now after her Galactic Sword became XEX ranked, an EX Noble Phantasm beyond EX Noble Phantasm.

So what is MHXA now, Thanos?

So that rank up is quest is part of the story? Oh and Space Ishtar can dimensional travel too.

Not just Dimensional Travel. No, she can do much more than that. Her ship for example can freely manipulate 4-D space to an unknown extent and she can rewrite information with various methods.

So it really is true huh. She really is hax character, well just base on her profile she really is. Being a primordial and amalgamation of goddesses.

Nasu (or whoever wrote the Event) be like: What? Arjuna Alter isn't enough for you guys to say "Hey! This guy's so strong and cool he's gonna beat Gil to a pulp!" yet? Here, more Servant Universe feats!

It is Nasu who wrote Saber Wars 2. It was even speculated that Nasu was also the one who wrote LB4.

>I heard he told Narita to make F/SF Servants extra OP

Not sure on this, but I think it's mostly on Narita. Just look at all his work.

But I currently like what he's doing, because now he's not holding back.

Diinou HotHead said:
Nasu (or whoever wrote the Event) be like: What? Arjuna Alter isn't enough for you guys to say "Hey! This guy's so strong and cool he's gonna beat Gil to a pulp!" yet? Here, more Servant Universe feats!
  • 2A sishtar wen?*

John985 said:
>I heard he told Narita to make F/SF Servants extra OP

Not sure on this, but I think it's mostly on Narita. Just look at all his work.

But I currently like what he's doing, because now he's not holding back.
Actually it's true Narita wanted to avoid making the Fake strange servants OP but Nasu was literally like "Boy if you don't do them stupidly OP I'm going to EA your ass to oblivion" paraphrasing obviously but Narita wrote how their discussion went Nasu told him to make enkidu states stupidly high and to make everyone stupidly broken especially for Richard Lionheart and his EX speed.

The joke is that if you work for Nasu your characters better be broken.

It's written in one of the strange fake novels as an author note.

Narita talked about being forced to power creep in Volume 2:

Now, when the first book came out I received a lot of letters, etc., asking, "I know Enkidu's stats change, but what about his fundamental point total?" I vividly remember consulting with Nasu-san before it went on sale.

Me: "About Enkidu's stats, he has 'Transfiguration,' so I wanted to set his point total..."

Nasu: "Hmm. He is Enkidu, and he's A rank, so all As."

Me: "All As!? But isn't that even higher than Berserker in the 5th!? Everyone's going to say, 'Heroic Spirit favoritism! He's a Mary Sue!' (A general term for 'Here's my ultimate OC who's way stronger and more popular and luckier than all the characters in the original work! Yahoo!'-type characters in fan works, etc.)"

Nasu: "Don't let it get to you."

Me: "But, I mean, all As is even higher than Karna."

Nasu: "Don't let it get to you."

Me: "To be honest, it's so high that even I think his stats are too exaggerated..."

Nasu: "I said, don't let it get to you!"

Me: "Eep!"

Nasu: "If you think about it the other way, it's Nemes*s... All As is his base, and if he raises his strength to A+, another stat goes down two ranks..."

Me: "What cool-headed and precise worldbuilding...!"

Nasu: "And if... (etc., etc.)"

The editorial supervision I received was along those lines. As a result, please consider that, as of book 1, Enkidu's total stat points are hovering at "a little less than all As." But if his Master, the silver wolf, completely recovers, then even all As aren't just a dream. (The "etc., etc." is still a secret.)

In any case, I got strong encouragement from Nasu-san when drafting the plot: "I'll deal with any amount of inflation on my end! In fact, writing something timid and shrinking like that won't make anyone happy, so stop it, boy!" That put my fears to rest.

Silly Nasu. You should have just said what else but all As could possibly rival Gil. But damn, he really just said "Ignore all the other stuff, just make muh boy OP".

Paul Frank said:
Being aware of being controlled doesn't make it suddenly not be control.
Shirou was controlled by Rin's geis and it was specifically said to enter and affect his mind, command seals can also be used to control servants. In addition, the way her geis in particular is described is more akin to mindhax anyway
So you wanna use someone without their mind but their body being controlled as an example of mind control... I don't need to explain how dumb this is, I hope.

Then that is the case for his. Not for Kayneth, not for the Command Seals that we see Servants are aware of and even react to when they can't resist them, not for Cu's which were also geis and he could break. Easy as that. Unless you wanna call body puppetry mind manipulation now.

What? Being aware of being mindhaxed doesn't suddenly make it so that you arent mindhaxed is what I was saying

Shirou's is the most indept description of a geis we get, the other geis in the verse don't get much explanation, and the explanation that they do have doesn't contradict Shirou's. Being able to break the geis also isn't evidence of it not being mindhax so I'm not sure why you are bringing that up. Command spells have the servant aware sure, but they are still unable to act against them, it isn't just their body stopping them either like it would be if it were body puppetry.

Also, when did Cu break his geis? I assume you're talking about the one where he has to lose when confronted with Caladbolg by a warrior of Ulster right?

Except is just their body stopping. Or do you forget Cu's palpable surprise when he stabs himself? Arthuria yelling at Shirou while she can't continue attacking Archer? Show me any instance of a Servant's mind and not only their body being affected by a command spell. You can also see when Shirou is entirely unable to move once he tries to kill Sakura, against Rin's wishes. His mind is entirely his own and he's aware he can't move, but the curse of the geis binds him.

No, that is one of the Geis. He died since Medb assembled warriors turned against him and cornered him through many plots, forcing him to break the Geas that many Celtic warriros make, one by one, making him lose many of his powers from the curse.

Darnic's second command spell imbues the will to pursue the Greater Grail onto Vlad, Hakuno uses their command spells on Gilgamesh so he doesn't want to kill them, in Unlimited Cods, Illya uses a command spell to coerce Herc into crushing his heart, Archer is made unable to attack Shirou and co, not just stopping his body but making him unable to do it in general, making him join Caster later, Sakura makes it Rider's mission to protect Shirou, Tokiomi used a command spell on Gilgamesh to make him calmly withdraw, and in the dead end during Witch's Mark, Saber is described as having gone berserk rather than just having her body controlled.

Interesting, I don't remember Cu's story much.

Tiamat's geis is described as a cellular geis which renders the victim an enemy of man, and based on the events of the singularity, it's not like it's just their body is being controlled or something, the people who were dropped into chaos tides show no qualms with being enemies of man, due to the geis affecting them and their mind and turning them into enemies of man, despite any previous thoughts.

Muahahaha I got NP 2 with one daily ticker, even though i don't have Jane but its okay since i can NP 2 Space Ishtar.

Screenshot 2019-11-02-09-18-25-355 com.aniplex.fategrandorder
Screenshot 2019-11-02-09-21-11-786 com.aniplex.fategrandorder

72535066 513585942829721 4686987725818036224 n
F. I too wanted to NP2 her but I need to save SQ on LB5. Still not done with story? Because of your FA is still that.
I HATE YOU EGGS!!

Meanwhile I'm just here with 1 Jane to show for my summons over both accounts

90 quartz and 10 tickets on my main one, which now lacks free quests to farm

60 quartz and 10 tickets on my other one which luckily has alot of free quartz still

Gacha is pai

I don't remember any "will" in pursuing the grail, he just made him go after it. Not to mention fusing with Vlad in the first place to take the reins while Vlad more or less took a back seat. Those two are literally no different from commanding "don't kill me" or "crush your own heart". I would need to see scans to actually believe there's any mind affecting stuff making it no different from "Lancer, kill yourself", which Cu did while remaining completely aware of himself. Servants have to follow the order, but their mind is the very same. Rider would listen to Sakura anyway unless it put her life at risk, and Medea was already torturing Saber from the very start to break her and not just force her with command spells.

Medb is a bitch, nothing too new.

The problem is that those people are literally reworked on the very celullar level. Ushi was already dead, yet Tiamat spawns more of her. I doubt that has much of a mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back