• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Avalon is in the center of the earth????

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Sword of Promised Victory
A++ Type: Anti-Fortress
Excalibur.
Not a man-made weapon, but a Divine Construct forged by the planet. A Noble Phantasm that stands at the top of all holy swords.
It is not the sword, but its scabbard that truly possesses an outstanding ability. However, that scabbard has been forever lost.”

I also have checked the localization and it say the same thing as it is referring to her defensive Noble Phantasm, Avalon.

??

Basically, they give nods to the Holy Grail events from FSN as Fuyuki was in at least two Holy Grail wars.

You make the claim they retcon the feat of Avalon block Ea from the original Fate route of the Visual Novel when it isn’t necessarily the case.
I'm sorry, I'm not quite understanding here. Are you saying because they reference it in her mats in FGO it wasn't retconned?? Cause what got retconned isn't Artoria possessing Avalon but Enuma Elish failing to destroy it. Just in case

I'm sorry, I'm not quite understanding here. Are you saying because they reference it in her mats in FGO it wasn't retconned?? Cause what got retconned isn't Artoria possessing Avalon but Enuma Elish failing to destroy it. Just in case
They didn’t retcon Ea trying to destroy Avalon at all as there weren’t any statements about Avalon being destroyed (The noble phantasm) in question.

Remember FGO has multiple timelines and we know there was a singularity in Fuyuki as well.

Also I think has been is technically past tense IIRC, but let me check.

Edit: It is present tense for “has been” so nm.

They didn’t retcon Ea trying to destroy Avalon at all as there weren’t any statements about Avalon being destroyed (The noble phantasm) in question.

Remember FGO has multiple timelines and we know there was a singularity in Fuyuki as well.

Also I think has been is technically past tense IIRC, but let me check.
Avalon the NP only Appears in F/SN and F/Z so I don't get what it is you're trying to say here??

I am just saying they didn’t retcon the feat from F/SN and F/Z.

The main point is we have zero confirmation they have retcon the feats for Avalon the NP to say the least
Oh so you're differentiating the NP and the realm again....I thought we've been over this the realm and the NP are the same thing Avalon works explicitly and I mean EXPLICITLY by placing Artoria in Avalon thus shutting out external influence thus destroying Avalon the realm equates to being able to bypass the NP as well

The mats saying "it was lost long ago" isn't even referring to Fuyuki in all probability. Avalon was stolen before the famed Battle of Camlann and after she died it was lost for centuries that's probably what they're talking about if anything it was found during F/Z

Gilgamesh couldn't Destroy Avalon in the OG visual novel but he could in SF, that's a retcon

Oh so you're differentiating the NP and the realm again....I thought we've been over this the realm and the NP are the same thing Avalon works explicitly and I mean EXPLICITLY by placing Artoria in Avalon thus shutting out external influence thus destroying Avalon the realm equates to being able to bypass the NP as well

The mats saying "it was lost long ago" isn't even referring to Fuyuki in all probability. Avalon was stolen before the famed Battle of Camlann and after she died it was lost for centuries that's probably what they're talking about if anything it was found during F/Z
Avalon
Type: Bound Field
Maximum Targets: 1 Person
The sheath of Excalibur, a Noble Phantasm with its origin in the Fairyland Avalon where King Arthur rests. The wielder will heal from any wound, and the aging process will cease. Unleashing the true name of Avalon will deploy a Bound Field that provides the greatest defence. A Noble Phantasm that annuls the interference of True Magic; its existence is equivalent to True Magic.
What?
One of The mats for Avalon (NP) explicitly keeps mentioning as a perfect fortress.
I gonna disagree with you since even in the originals mats for Avalon (NP) , it mentions a bound field.

I gonna to been real with you right now since they explicitly say “bound field”.

Its not putting her into Avalon the realm, it is putting her into a bounded field.

Avalon
Type: Bound Field
Maximum Targets: 1 Person
The sheath of Excalibur, a Noble Phantasm with its origin in the Fairyland Avalon where King Arthur rests. The wielder will heal from any wound, and the aging process will cease. Unleashing the true name of Avalon will deploy a Bound Field that provides the greatest defence. A Noble Phantasm that annuls the interference of True Magic; its existence is equivalent to True Magic.
What?
One of The mats for Avalon (NP) explicitly keeps mentioning as a perfect fortress.
I gonna disagree with you since even in the originals mats for Avalon (NP) , it mentions a bound field.

I gonna to been real with you right now since they explicitly say “bound field”.

Its not putting her into Avalon the realm, it is putting her into a bounded field.
A Bounded Field is a technique that creates a mystic line which separates the space on the inside from the outside which is how Avalon works. It creats a Bounded field and on the inside of the Bounded Field is Avalon on the outside it is not thus shutting out any interference from the outside I mean it's Literally in the mats

Last edited:
*Sigh, I see
Yes as it mentions it erode the world and forming cracks in reality.

I will tell you that much as I am currently reading the start of Fate/Strange Fake.

The other statement is kinda figurative in the sense as it say “7 times” as it was describing the clash between Enkidu and Gilgamesh when they were alive.

Yes as it mentions it erode the world and forming cracks in reality.

I will tell you that much as I am currently reading the start of Fate/Strange Fake.

The other statement is kinda figurative in the sense as it say “7 times”.
"It felt as if the world had been created and destroyed 7 times over"

And that's the entire point it was going to Destroy and has Destroyed the Planet Textures and all. because we know Avalon exists in the Inner Sea that's also included

Last edited:
"It felt as if the world had been created and destroyed 7 times over"

And that's the entire point it was going to Destroy and has Destroyed the Planet Textures and all. because we know Avalon exists in the Inner Sea that's also included
You left out the fact it was said by a witness of the event of Gilgamesh and Enkidu’s battle in the past which was thousands of years ago.

Last edited:

Also it specifically mentioned the World which is true, but not the texture necessarily

In age of god the texture didn't exist, except for avalon. But i'm too not sure that the gil vs enkidu would have really destroyed Avalon. Bcz even the auto destruction of White titan after he killed all the God (so at he maximum power) didn't affect in the slightest Avalon copy Paradise.

In age of god the texture didn't exist, except for avalon. But i'm too not sure that the gil vs enkidu would have really destroyed Avalon. Bcz even the auto destruction of White titan after he killed all the God (so at he maximum power) didn't affect in the slightest Avalon copy Paradise.
Tbf, the fact the world was still intact after the battle between Enkidu and Gilgamesh does make the assumption of destroying Avalon by association even more questionable as the feat from Avalon (NP) literally counters Ea at its full power from F/SN VN.

Tbf, the fact the world was still intact after the battle between Enkidu and Gilgamesh does make the assumption of destroying Avalon by association even more questionable as the feat from Avalon (NP) literally counters Ea at its full power from F/SN VN.
That's because of Enkidu's NP cancelling it out and restoring the world, Counter Force stuff EX GG

Also it specifically mentioned the World which is true, but not the texture necessarily

The "World" is made up of textures. They aren't two distinctly different things to destroy the "World" means to destroy all of its textures

Last edited:
You left out the fact it was said by a witness of the event of Gilgamesh and Enkidu’s battle in the past which was thousands of years ago.
I wasn't referring to that when I said "has destroyed" just in case you misunderstood I'm referring to Shadow Gil wrecking the Mirror world in Prisma

Anyway, we derailed this thread with another topic.

My apologies to @Hizack123 as I did cause a argument over specific things
That's because of Enkidu's NP cancelling it out and restoring the world

The "World" is made up of textures. They aren't two distinctly different things to destroy the "World" means to destroy all of its textures
What? You got only that one statement as it wasn’t necessarily meant to taken that literally.
Also the world isn’t just made up of textures, but the planet itself as well.

Anyway, we derailed this thread with another topic.

My apologies to @Hizack123 as I did cause a argument over specific things

What? You got only that one statement as it wasn’t necessarily meant to taken that literally.
Also the world isn’t just made up of textures, but the planet itself as well.

The planet is covered in textures the present layer which contains the laws of physics which humans live in and then the reverse side underneath it or so to speak so you can't destroy the "world" (which is what Enuma Elish does) without destroying it's Textures

The planet is covered in textures the present layer which contains the laws of physics which humans live in and then the reverse side underneath it or so to speak so you can't destroy the "world" (which is what Enuma Elish does) without destroying it's Textures
Here is the problem with that.

It was never stated to destroy all the textures. Even the pages I reading from translations of F/SF doesn’t agree with you necessarily.

In any case, I think we have to move on anyway.

Here is the problem with that.

It was never stated to destroy all the textures. Even the pages I reading from translations of F/SF doesn’t agree with you necessarily.

In any case, I think we have to move on anyway.

They Literally say that, the sword is a manifestation of the power that was used by the gods to create the planet itself and that it's called an Anti-World NP because it has the power to Destroy the "World".......So I don't know what to tell you at this point

They Literally say that, the sword is a manifestation of the power that was used by the gods to create the planet itself and that it's called an Anti-World NP because it has the power to Destroy the "World".......So I don't know what to tell you at this point

Yes as I saw that already, but anyway I don’t agree with you on the specifics of that feat to begin. All we got is “Destroy the World” and that was literally just about it.
You are arguing it includes Avalon when we don’t know that was the case.

Anyway, we need a mod to get this thread closed anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back