• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
In the novel it’s stated is momoshiki eating the last one after he conquered the planet and it’s generally implied that it was a recent event. I highly doubt momoshiki was on one planet for thousands of years. It’s also 17 God tree’s and not 16. The dimension he fought Naruto and sasuke in also has its own.

It’s never explicitly stated but if it was less of an amp, they would do that instead of going through the stress of planting a ten tails and guarding a tree.

It also doesn’t make sense for it to be such seeing as the chakra fruit= ten tails+otsutuski+entire planet

yes that is it. If u get a clearer image u can count up to 16 iirc
Wasn't the divine tree of Momo's dimension created using the chakra he took from the Hachibi? If I'm not mistaken, Momo implies to Naruto.

IMG_9053.jpg

IMG_9054.jpg
🤣🤣🤣

This isn't a theory when he literally implemented a plan that takes this factor into account right after. What do you think FTG level 2 even is? It's a response to Obito phasing through Minato when he simply attacks head on.
You’re ignoring the original premise. Outside of Shunshin, FTG was the only means to achieve his objective of tagging… THAT IS MY ORIGINAL POINT!! Minato didn’t “hold back” his speed. Obito matched his Combat Speed and outpaced him in that exchange. That is a fact.

So yes, to suggest he was holding back when that isn’t supported is theory crafting. At best Semantics, but the text isn’t supportive of your stance here unless I’m misunderstanding you.
I'm aware? That's literally the reason Minato tried a different approach.
Minato’s approach was to strike during the mutual exchange when the phasing is off. Nothing supports he held back to achieve this.
No it's not, he said he needs to time his attack precisely, then he follows this up by timing his attack precisely, attacking just when Obito thinks he's won
I never said Obito was blitzing Minato or that Minato wasn’t capable of reacting to Obito. You are hyper focused on this aspect and theory crafting his reasoning when quite literally, them being relative and him using FTG at the right moment doesn’t suggest he was “holding back” his combat speed.

If he doesn't activate FTG at the right time he could lose, and he technically says it'll be decided by who's faster, and Minato won, so...
どっちの攻撃が相手より一瞬速いかで決まる!
Sure. Minato’s reaction speed was fast enough to use FTG in the moment before Obito touched him to attack while his Phasing was switched off. This doesn’t change the favt that Obito still matched and outsped Minato’s non-Shunshin speed slightly.

I never made a statement on Minato’s reaction speed. I’m talking strictly Combat. Likewise, another true statement is that Obito is capable of reacting to Minato’s speed w/o being used in conjunction with FTG.
Kishimoto made Minato understand and recognize Obito's abilities and fighting style, then craft a solution. I don't know why you keep ignoring that FTG level 2 is a blatant follow up to everything he was talking about in the previous page.
You’re the only one bringing up FTG. It’s not relevant to Minato’s Combat Speed, which Obito matches and exceeds slightly based on their fight. Nothing supports your stance that he held back his combat speed. His reaction speed + FTG Usage doesn’t change the feats shown. You’re theory crafting reasoning that isn’t supported.
If his plan was simply to slightly outspeed Obito and tag him with the Rasengan before Obito touched him, why did he throw the FTG kunai behind Obito?
For starters, Minato’s speed isn’t fast enough to do that w/o FTG, which can’t be tracked. While I concede Minato’s Shunshin Speed is faster than Obito’s Combat Speed, it was never fast enough to Escape or Tax Obito’s Reaction Speed, which was the entire point of him needing to time FTG Usage perfectly.

Your argument is tantamount to me saying, instead of Minato’s Shunshin Speed being outright faster than Obito’s Combat Speed, showcased when he saved baby Naruto, Obito held back his own speed to allow Minato to save Naruto so that he could force Minato’s hand and escape the location, to allow him to take Kushina, bc if he killed Naruto, he’d have to still fight Minato there and wouldn’t be allowed to just take Kushina freely.

That is what you’re doing with Minato 👆… and that is theory crafting reasoning not supported in the manga.
He needed to extend his arm to touch Minato
False. His arm didn’t need to be fully extended to touch and warp Minato. This is literally showcased.
Not really, at worst it's a 50/50 on whether he was still extending his arm after he saw Minato disappear, but either way his body was absolutely still moving forward given that he was mid air from his leap forward.
Yes really. Nobody is arguing against Minato attacking Obito while he was trying to warp him away. Yes, Minato’s arm is fully extended while Obito was still stationary, but the fact you’re failing to acknowledge is that unlike Minato’s Situation, Obito didn’t need to. All he had to do was make contact. Their Goal’s were completely different. So having an extended is irrelevant.

You’re ignoring the original premise. Outside of Shunshin, FTG was the only means to achieve his objective of tagging… THAT IS MY ORIGINAL POINT!!
I agree, he's not so fast that he can blitz Obito before he mentally activates Kamui
Minato didn’t “hold back” his speed. Obito matched his Combat Speed and outpaced him in that exchange. That is a fact.
It's a fact that he outpaced him in THAT exchange yes. This is visible on panel, it was never the point of contention. The point of contention is whether it's a valid feat given the situation (as an analogy, it wouldn't be valid to claim Naruto is normally a blitz tier above Kaguya based on him blitzing her, because Naruto was mentally amped and Kaguya was low on chakra).
So yes, to suggest he was holding back when that isn’t supported is theory crafting. At best Semantics, but the text isn’t supportive of your stance here unless I’m misunderstanding you.
That seems to be the case, but I don't know where the misunderstanding is coming from.
1. Minato recognizes that it's impossible to hit Obito normally
2. Minato thinks about the fact that Obito makes himself solid when he attacks
3. Obito attacks
4. Minato doesn't make him switch to phasing (whether this is intentional or not)
5. Minato then is able to hit Obito because he remains solid

Perhaps I should make a clarification. I wouldn't say Minato's thoughts are objective proof that his top combat speed is faster than Obito's, but it certainly casts significant doubt on the idea that Obito is faster, because Minato's approach in this exchange would be the same regardless of his actual maximum speed.
Minato’s approach was to strike during the mutual exchange when the phasing is off. Nothing supports he held back to achieve this.
No? His approach was to teleport behind Obito and catch him offguard with FTG level 2, which is canonically what happened. Unless you mean the time of the mutual exchange, which I agree with, and is what I'm referring to with my argument.
I never said Obito was blitzing Minato or that Minato wasn’t capable of reacting to Obito. You are hyper focused on this aspect and theory crafting his reasoning when quite literally, them being relative and him using FTG at the right moment doesn’t suggest he was “holding back” his combat speed.
I think I get what you're saying, that regardless of his combat speed compared to Obito's, he could still be timing precisely by activating FTG just before one of them hit each other. But the problem with that is that if it looked like Obito was gonna get hit first, he'd switch to phasing, and then when Minato uses FTG level 2, he'll phase through Obito, making his whole plan moot.
Sure. Minato’s reaction speed was fast enough to use FTG in the moment before Obito touched him to attack while his Phasing was switched off. This doesn’t change the favt that Obito still matched and outsped Minato’s non-Shunshin speed slightly.

I never made a statement on Minato’s reaction speed. I’m talking strictly Combat. Likewise, another true statement is that Obito is capable of reacting to Minato’s speed w/o being used in conjunction with FTG.
I'm just responding to you saying Minato thinks he could lose, and explaining why that doesn't mean what you think it does.
You’re the only one bringing up FTG. It’s not relevant to Minato’s Combat Speed, which Obito matches and exceeds slightly based on their fight. Nothing supports your stance that he held back his combat speed. His reaction speed + FTG Usage doesn’t change the feats shown. You’re theory crafting reasoning that isn’t supported.
It literally is because FTG level 2 DEMANDS that Minato doesn't outspeed Obito. I've gone over this from multiple different angles and those don't seem to have been effective, so this time I'm gonna try a short narration to try to get my point across.

Minato threw his kunai at Obito, and it flew through his head. They charged at each other, right hands poised for each other. Minato charged a Rasengan, and with his full speed, rammed it toward Obito. He wasn't known as the fastest ninja for nothing, and before Obito's hand could get near Minato, Minato's Rasengan was already an inch away.

Obito looked disconcertedly at the Rasengan headed for him. Blast, I'll have to use Kamui to dodge this, he thought, activating the ability. But just before the Rasengan would've hit him, Minato teleported away, surprising Obito. Thankfully, the Rasengan aimed for his back failed because he'd pre-emptively (if unintentionally) defended against it.

Minato leaped away as his Rasengan touched the ground. "Tch. I'll have to try a different maneuver then."

Do you see why it'd have been problematic for Minato to go full speed if he was faster? And why it was beneficial in this situation to lull Obito into a false sense of security (which clearly worked)?
For starters, Minato’s speed isn’t fast enough to do that w/o FTG, which can’t be tracked. While I concede Minato’s Shunshin Speed is faster than Obito’s Combat Speed, it was never fast enough to Escape or Tax Obito’s Reaction Speed, which was the entire point of him needing to time FTG Usage perfectly.
Yes
Your argument is tantamount to me saying, instead of Minato’s Shunshin Speed being outright faster than Obito’s Combat Speed, showcased when he saved baby Naruto, Obito held back his own speed to allow Minato to save Naruto so that he could force Minato’s hand and escape the location, to allow him to take Kushina, bc if he killed Naruto, he’d have to still fight Minato there and wouldn’t be allowed to just take Kushina freely.
I mean I don't actually have a particular problem with this. In fact it's contextually supported if anything.
That is what you’re doing with Minato 👆… and that is theory crafting reasoning not supported in the manga.
It's supported by the manga in both of these situations 😭 If I said something like "Minato was mentally nerfed against Obito because he subconsciously realized who he was when he saw his hair, which is supported by him being a sensor that would've been able to feel his chakra :geek:" that would be closer to what you're claiming I'm doing.

Reading between the lines =/= making up an unsupported theory.
False. His arm didn’t need to be fully extended to touch and warp Minato. This is literally showcased.
But he was extending his arm to grab Minato in the first place. When you're moving your arm forward at full speed, it's not exactly easy to just stop without preparing to do so ahead of time. I'll drop this point because it's too ambiguous though, and it somewhat looks like Obito's arm stopped moving here when his fingers folded.
Yes really. Nobody is arguing against Minato attacking Obito while he was trying to warp him away. Yes, Minato’s arm is fully extended while Obito was still stationary, but the fact you’re failing to acknowledge is that unlike Minato’s Situation, Obito didn’t need to. All he had to do was make contact. Their Goal’s were completely different. So having an extended is irrelevant.
I'm talking about his movement speed. Obito had jumped forward, yet he didn't seem to move forward at all in the time it took for Minato to slam the Rasengan into him. Now if you don't think non-Shunshin movement speed scales to combat speed at all, I'm fine with that. Was just pointing out that Minato's combat speed>>Obito's movement speed.
He’s not without Shunshin, which is the point. It’s literally shown.

I really think you’re misunderstanding what I’m saying… 😓
I feel the same 🫤

It's hard to believe that Kaguya was afraid of Momoshiki and Kinshiki. It seemed more like a fear of the clan itself, not one or two members. Not to mention that even if it's fear of him, she hadn't seen him for probably thousands of years, in the meantime, just as she had become extremely stronger, there was also the possibility that he had evolved too. It makes sense that she feared not only him but anyone in the clan, after all, she didn't know who would come or how strong is that enemy.
Kaguya depends on chakra attacks a lot. Momoshiki's rate of absorption might be better than hers. Plus her stats are not better than Kinshiki's.
Both of them together can beat her.

Last edited:
Slight issue. I believe that in Boruto it has been clarified that ten tails specifically extracts the chakra from living beings. Not the planet's chakra. If that's what you meant then ok.
Shinju consumes every life, not just chakra. Water dries up. The planet becomes a barren wasteland.

Last edited:
I
You might not think so, but the mods might. That's what I was stating.
If you factor in the statement that there are other unknown forces for uzuhiko then isn't uzuhiko a jutsu where we know the bare minimum value but could potentially be far higher and as such it should not limit other metas? I still think the fruit thing would be very hard to pass regardless

Btw I have a question about the math. Fused Momoshiki is considered a 2x multiplier because the chakra fruit was an Otsutsuki added to another Otsutsuki. But when a God tree is used, the chakra fruit is shared between the Otsutsuki pair, so wouldn't the multiplier because 1.5 instead of 2?

Let's say Momoshiki~Kinshiki.

Kinshiki get's sacrificed and the fruit has an Otsutsuki's worth of chakra.

If only Momoshiki ate the fruit then it would be a 2x multiplier, but he has to share it with Kinshiki.

So it should be a 1.5x multiplier according to your logic.

Hello I am new here. I had some ideas in my head. So I want to put it here. Also my English is not good. Sorry if there are grammatical errors .

in the beginning. Limited Regeneration Negation of Naruto. And kaguya regeneration
I read somewhere here that kaguya no longer has Regeneration. The reason was that she could not restore his severed arms. But isn't the reason for that because Naruto has Regeneration Negation? Where Kabuto stated that it would take time for Muu to regenerate from Naruto's attack due to the new power he acquired. This was in kmc1 mode, so since Naruto evolved and his strength and knowledge of chakra (from Hagoromo) increased, doesn't this mean that Naruto's Regeneration Negation became better? . So much so that Kaguya couldn't bring her arms back.
I say that Naruto's Regeneration Negation in six paths mode is better than KMC 1 mode

Hello I am new here. I had some ideas in my head. So I want to put it here. Also my English is not good. Sorry if there are grammatical errors .

in the beginning. Limited Regeneration Negation of Naruto. And kaguya regeneration
I read somewhere here that kaguya no longer has Regeneration. The reason was that she could not restore his severed arms. But isn't the reason for that because Naruto has Regeneration Negation? Where Kabuto stated that it would take time for Muu to regenerate from Naruto's attack due to the new power he acquired. This was in kmc1 mode, so since Naruto evolved and his strength and knowledge of chakra (from Hagoromo) increased, doesn't this mean that Naruto's Regeneration Negation became better? . So much so that Kaguya couldn't bring her arms back.
I say that Naruto's Regeneration Negation in six paths mode is better than KMC 1 mode
welcome and it's nice you came to the discussion thread and didn't just make a CRT. well you do make a good point. personally, I think it's that and she was low on chakra.

The GOAT Daemon seemed pretty casual this chapter. Assuming that Ada prolly filled Daemon in on the Shinju stuff or he simply sensed them, would this imply that he is simply not threatened by what Jura has shown yet?

The GOAT Daemon seemed pretty casual this chapter. Assuming that Ada prolly filled Daemon in on the Shinju stuff or he simply sensed them, would this imply that he is simply not threatened by what Jura has shown yet?
Most likely, yeah. Although to be fair, Jura has yet to go all out, so I wouldn't concretely write him off just yet

Ibiki beating up Boruto. Shikamaru can't let Boruto get beat up.
Shikamaru: Stop!
Ibiki: ??
Konohamaru: ??
Shikamaru: Use poison to make sure he's dead.

Btw it was a pretty smart move by Shikamaru. Especially considering how quick he had to act after Ino's rejection. Shikamaru finally using his 200+ IQ brain.

I posted a Code vs match 🥸

Back