• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
They essentially live in a military village, yeah. Every ninja is just a soldier.
Pour one out for young Nawaki… 😔
tumblr_m2e6z8FhYz1r12d1bo4_250.gif

Nawaki was so ass, even Orochimaru was flabbergasted. Bro switched sides after that.
The crazy thing is, Orochimaru actually cared, he switched sides because he got his ass trashed on by the establishment. Yknow, the people who send children into minefields.
Pour one out for young Nawaki… 😔
tumblr_m2e6z8FhYz1r12d1bo4_250.gif
I saw this scene on Reddit once and someone commented "That was Deodars" and I spell Deidara that way whenever this scene comes up.

Orochimaru actually cared, he switched sides because he got his ass trashed on by the establishment
Nah, he just didn't want to be associated with someone so weak. Jokes aside, Orochimaru's switch wasn't so much about the establishment and anarchy iirc. It was more about the fragility of human life. Which is why he experimented on more kids lmao. If he cared about the establishment, he wouldn't have stooped so much lower than them. He's a scientist who isn't concerned with morality.

#relatable

Nah, he just didn't want to be associated with someone so weak. Jokes aside, Orochimaru's switch wasn't so much about the establishment and anarchy iirc. It was more about the fragility of human life. Which is why he experimented on more kids lmao. If he cared about the establishment, he wouldn't have stooped so much lower than them. He's a scientist who isn't concerned with morality.

#relatable
Do we even know that all those experiments were even THAT unethical though?

Yeah, like, there's a reason why Naruto crafted his own ninja way, to not follow the rules of this messed up world.

Honestly the child soldiers thing has been toned way the hell down in Boruto. At least the chunin exams aren't going to kill a bunch of kids.
Maybe in Konoha (but even then that's untrue, look at Sumire), but in other (smaller) villages, the "child soldier" mentality is still very rampant in the world, and not much change has happened in those other places. You still get instances like the 7 Ninja Swordsmen of Mist, the Byakuya Gang, the Sea Pirates of Kirigakure, Kawaki etc, etc.

It's sprinkled here and there, it's not so much in your face as in Naruto (with exceptions with the Sea Pirates I mentioned), but it's still there if you keep your eye open.

Specifically in Konoha, yeah you're right. Naruto (or the creators, lol), did a good job in tonal shift within Konoha, the kids are still child soldiers though lol, but as someone mentioned most of the time they do small jobs anyway like cat searching, with only the best teams really doing the bigger jobs (like Team 7). Even then, most of the time, they aren't even approved. Most of the time Team 7 gets approved for a mission, their missions end up being WAYYY bigger than it originally was supposed to be (like with Ao and Kawaki's Arc, the School Trip Arc, Konohamaru's Love Arc, Mujina Bandits Arc etc.), or they break the rules and end up doing shit they're not supposed to do (like Sumire's Arc, Mitsuki's Disappearance Arc, Sarada's Arc). In fact, Team 7 (as a collective) have had their ninja statuses removed like 2-4 times already for doing incredibly dangerous shit or breaking the rules lmao

Maybe in Konoha (but even then that's untrue, look at Sumire), but in other (smaller) villages, the "child soldier" mentality is still very rampant in the world, and not much change has happened, in those other places. You still get instances like the 7 Ninja Swordsmen of Mist, the Byakuya Gang, the Sea Pirates of Kirigakure, Kawaki etc, etc.

It's sprinkled here and there, it's not so much in your face as in Naruto (with exceptions with the Sea Pirates I mentioned), but it's still there if you keep your eye open.

Specifically in Konoha, yeah you're right. Naruto (or the creators, lol), did a good job in tonal shift within Konoha, the kids are still child soldiers though lol, but as someone mentioned most of the time they do small jobs anyway like cat searching, with only the best teams really doing the bigger jobs (like Team 7). Even then, most of the time, they aren't even approved. Most of the time Team 7 gets approved for a mission, their missions end up being WAYYY bigger than it originally was supposed to be (like with Ao and Kawaki's Arc, the School Trip Arc, Konohamaru's Love Arc, Mujina Bandits Arc etc.), or they break the rules and end up doing shit they're not supposed to do (like Sumire's Arc, Mitsuki's Disappearance Arc, Sarada's Arc). In fact, Team 7 (as a collective) have had their ninja statuses removed like 2-4 times already for doing incredibly dangerous shit or breaking the rules lmao
Not to mention Naruto has effectively accomplished nothing in terms of changing the establishment that caused so much harm. The moment Naruto is replaced by a weaker Hokage, and War time ensues, everything is gonna go back to how it was before. Just like how Tobirama intended the chunin exams to sheild kids. But after his death, it morphed into something that killed kids instead.

And then there is his promise to Pain lmao. I don't want to criticize Nard, because I wouldn't do jack in his place, but I wouldn't be Naive enough to think I can change the establishment by being a puppet of it. I also disagree with Sasukes plan to eradicate everything and replace it with a tyrannical rule. I'd rather go solo.

And then there is his promise to Pain lmao. I don't want to criticize Nard, because I wouldn't do jack in his place, but I wouldn't be Naive enough to think I can change the establishment by being a puppet of it. I also disagree with Sasukes plan to eradicate everything and replace it with a tyrannical rule. I'd rather go solo.
I will say Naruto has done quite a great job seeing how he saved the world, help maintain the Shinobi Alliance, and just being a figure head in the world as the strongest there is. To expand on the latter, his presence alone has stopped alot of crime from happening, because many don't want to be caught by him, due to his massive power and influence. Most criminals had to make huge plans just to try to avoid the eye of the Hokage, hell even Urashiki, an Otsutsuki, decided that his best bet was to go back in time, just because he didn't want to deal with the Seventh, lmao. If Urashiki don't want the smoke, you can imagine normal people or even Shinobi. Of course crime still happens, but it's FARRR less than it was prior to Naruto's reign. Naruto is quite literally a Symbol of Peace, and I'd say he's done a damned good job at it so far.

Naruto also is incredibly busy with meetings and papers that he has to sign for in the village and outside of the village, so "peace" is still being worked on till this day, it's just... not easy lol. Naruto is just one person, and it's clear he's trying his best. He wouldn't be so stressed about his job, if he wasn't doing anything and just lazing around. Usually when Naruto steps in is when ninjas report to the Hokage after the mission detailing what went down in their mission, and then Naruto (and Shika) offer support in whatever way they're able, which has worked well enough so far.

Specifically about the Rain Village though, we know that in one of the Novels, the Rain Village was invited to the Shinobi Union (something that was formed to succeed the Shinobi Alliance, I believe during Kakashi's reign). In the novel, the Village was apparently still rebuilding from Jiraiya's defeat from the hands of Pain, which is just.... sad. That was YEARS ago and yet they're still struggling. It's also made apparent that most of the village was abandoned, which allowed Kara to make base there and continue inhumane experiments and hold meetings there. In the Boruto anime, Sai, Sasuke and a few Genin go to the village to find more info on Kara, and they relay information about the village's state to Naruto, which he then puts in efforts to rebuild the village again, which is awesome.

Not to mention Naruto has effectively accomplished nothing in terms of changing the establishment that caused so much harm. The moment Naruto is replaced by a weaker Hokage, and War time ensues, everything is gonna go back to how it was before. Just like how Tobirama intended the chunin exams to sheild kids. But after his death, it morphed into something that killed kids instead.

Hiruzen a goon fr and Naruto looked up to him so much that he applied his way of life to his promise to Nagato…💀

I will say Naruto has done quite a great job seeing how he saved the world, help maintain the Shinobi Alliance, and just being a figure head in the world as the strongest there is. To expand on the latter, his presence alone has stopped alot of crime from happening, because many don't want to be caught by him, due to his massive power and influence. Most criminals had to make huge plans just to try to avoid the eye of the Hokage, hell even Urashiki, an Otsutsuki, decided that his best bet was to go back in time, just because he didn't want to deal with the Seventh, lmao. If Urashiki don't want the smoke, you can imagine normal people or even Shinobi. Of course crime still happens, but it's FARRR less than it was prior to Naruto's reign. Naruto is quite literally a Symbol of Peace, and I'd say he's done a damned good job at it so far.

Naruto also is incredibly busy with meetings and papers that he has to sign for in the village and outside of the village, so "peace" is still being worked on till this day, it's just... not easy lol. Naruto is just one person, and it's clear he's trying his best. He wouldn't be so stressed about his job, if he wasn't doing anything and just lazing around. Usually when Naruto steps in is when ninjas report to the Hokage after the mission detailing what went down in their mission, and then Naruto (and Shika) offer support in whatever way they're able, which has worked well enough so far.

Specifically about the Rain Village though, we know that in one of the Novels, the Rain Village was invited to the Shinobi Union (something that was formed to succeed the Shinobi Alliance, I believe during Kakashi's reign). In the novel, the Village was apparently still rebuilding from Jiraiya's defeat from the hands of Pain, which is just.... sad. That was YEARS ago and yet they're still struggling. It's also made apparent that most of the village was abandoned, which allowed Kara to make base there and continue inhumane experiments and hold meetings there. In the Boruto anime, Sai, Sasuke and a few Genin go to the village to find more info on Kara, and they relay information about the village's state to Naruto, which he then puts in efforts to rebuild the village again, which is awesome.
Naruto has done a lot to keep peace for sure. But that is a temporary solution that he is enforcing using brute force. Structurally he hasn't changed much so far, and when he eventually dies, it might go back to just like before.

I agree with you that it's not easy, and which is why I wouldn't have made any promises to pain. Naruto is a way better man for sure. He also took in Kawaki and the Shin clones too. Which is great.

Honestly regarding Hidden rain, it's just a major goof up on pierrots part. The novels stuff is still okay.

Hiruzen a goon fr and Naruto looked up to him so much that he applied his way of life to his promise to Nagato…💀
He taught Naruto his ninja way: be a fraud.

Maybe in Konoha (but even then that's untrue, look at Sumire), but in other (smaller) villages, the "child soldier" mentality is still very rampant in the world, and not much change has happened in those other places. You still get instances like the 7 Ninja Swordsmen of Mist, the Byakuya Gang, the Sea Pirates of Kirigakure, Kawaki etc, etc.

They also revamped the ANBU system
Now kids can enlist without having to assassinate random village head #678

It's now majorly an intelligence gathering organisation

Naruto was replaced by a weaker Hokage and nothing happened.

You trying to say hiruzen is weaker than tobirama? Prime featless hiruzen soloes

I’m at ep 7 and I’m a little confused. It was established last ep that the land of waves and the land of fire are two separate countries but it seems like team 7 got there pretty quick

Y'all ever bothered by the fact that that one movie brought up the existence of another continent and we just never got to see it like, ever again?
Also the fact that we never see the entire continent map of the main continent the story is on

Y'all ever bothered by the fact that that one movie brought up the existence of another continent and we just never got to see it like, ever again?
Also the fact that we never see the entire continent map of the main continent the story is on
I don't watch filler. Which movie are you talking about?

Back