• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
She's never used Genjutsu in the manga IIRC.

She's used it to reverse a Genjutsu in the Chunin Exams, but that's about it.

Yeah she's used Genjutsu in almost every arc in the anime. More specifically the "anime canon" episodes.

In that vein, that's why I believe the anime is just better than the manga at pretty much everything. The anime actually focuses on other characters, their relationships, their toolkits, their personalities and actually puts them in the forefront, and the characters actually feel like actual characters. Sure the anime has its own pacing issues but the manga has the same issues.

When Mitsuki and Sarada complain about how weak and irrelevant they are after Boruto's death in the manga, it doesn't feel very impactful because they've always been irrelevant in the manga, unlike in the anime. I just know that scene will hit hard when the anime adapts it.

Yeah she's used Genjutsu in almost every arc in the anime. More specifically the "anime canon" episodes.

In that vein, that's why I believe the anime is just better than the manga at pretty much everything. The anime actually focuses on other characters, their relationships, their toolkits, their personalities and actually puts them in the forefront, and the characters actually feel like actual characters. Sure the anime has its own pacing issues but the manga has the same issues.

When Mitsuki and Sarada complain about how weak and irrelevant they are after Boruto's death in the manga, it doesn't feel very impactful because they've always been irrelevant in the manga, unlike in the anime. I just know that scene will hit hard when the anime adapts it.
same thing with Mitsuki, if you have never touched the anime, i have no idea how you could be a mitsuki fan

I'm sorry, but I can't take the Boruto anime seriously when most arcs look like light hearted sitcoms. Yes, they flesh out side characters, but they don't do it in a meaningful way and it becomes so obvious that they are doing it just to stall the anime. None of it matters aside from a few exceptions. It's like the Time slip arc where so much happened but there were no implications or consequences affecting the larger scheme of things.

The manga may leave out stuff, but it is consistently better in quality than the anime. Also as bad as Ikemoto's art is, it is still better than the animation of the anime most of the time. It also doesn't help that they resort to reusing animations from previous fights as nostalgia bait.

Konohamaru while trading blows with Harley quinn Shinju"if i had even half the power the third hokage had,i would have already won by now"
Truly one of the Bort moments of all time
image.png

I'm sorry, but I can't take the Boruto anime seriously when most arcs look like light hearted sitcoms.
this hasn't been true for nearly half a decade, and when we do get slice of life they make up the minority and often characterize the main characters and supporting cast to make the world feel lived in
Yes, they flesh out side characters, but they don't do it in a meaningful way
Yes they do, with the exception of 1 main character every single character that appears in the manga is improved on in the anime, this ranges from giving boruto multiple character arcs ,Mitsuki a fleshed out motivation, thats not even accounting for the objectively better world building that the manga is straight up devoid of, stuff that actually enrich the setting.
and it becomes so obvious that they are doing it just to stall the anime. None of it matters aside from a few exceptions.
The Point of engaging stories isnt that they solely exist so that they can appear at a later point, if a story is well told within its context it doesnt matter, but even then your wrong, the anime actively does blend its original content with the manga, hence why there's actually qualitative changes in certain sections of the story
It's like the Time slip arc where so much happened but there were no implications or consequences affecting the larger scheme of things.
This is a bit disingenuous given the arc your using as an example here is the arc that requires itself inherently to not have lasting consequences given its premise. one of the primary supporting characters of the manga and the timeskip, a character who is apparently so important that they completely immune to the biggest status quo shift in the story is entirely first and foremost an anime original character that made the leap into the manga after the fact, where her entire characterization and motivations are entirely reliant on you actually having seen that arc.
The manga may leave out stuff, but it is consistently better in quality than the anime.
sure its more consistent given one is monthly series that has to only focus on its immediate plot, but the anime has significant higher highs and absolutely triumphs the manga when it adapts the same content most of the time.
Also as bad as Ikemoto's art is, it is still better than the animation of the anime most of the time.
I feel like you would only believe this if your exposure is solely through osmosis and seeing clips, because yes the art and animation is as consistent as what your going to get from a seasonal series and the later half of the series suffered extreme production issues, it still overall one of the most consistent series with a weekly schedule. with a specific sections of the series having the most cuts ever produced by studio pierrot
It also doesn't help that they resort to reusing animations from previous fights as nostalgia bait.
having a few frames of animation as a call back in like 3 out of 20+ major fights isnt resorting to anything.

The anime isnt perfect, it has its own fair share of significant issues, the most egregiously is probably the handling of Kawaki and the lackluster design conversion from Ikemoto's art (besides Sarada, cause screw that design) but theres absolutely no way ill ever be able to think the manga is consistently better.

Someone on the Boruto anime staff is definitely a Hiruzen glazer

Konohamaru is really gonna be a Perfect Sage and summoning Monkey King Tenma fighting with Shinju that give Boruto trouble and he'll still say

"If only I had the power of the Third Lord, I would've defeated these guys in an instant, my training...has been insufficient"

All this time we only needed Prime Hiruzen to beat Isshiki and Code 😔

Someone on the Boruto anime staff is definitely a Hiruzen glazer

Konohamaru is really gonna be a Perfect Sage and summoning Monkey King Tenma fighting with Shinju that give Boruto trouble and he'll still say

"If only I had the power of the Third Lord, I would've defeated these guys in an instant, my training...has been insufficient"

All this time we only needed Prime Hiruzen to beat Isshiki and Code 😔
903674bdad45f39cfb1271f9bd6f17da9c6b0c57844edcebe939f4aa25cb8246_1.jpg

this hasn't been true for nearly half a decade, and when we do get slice of life they make up the minority and often characterize the main characters and supporting cast to make the world feel lived in
I guess you missed the Kawaki & Himawari arc and a lot of the fillers that come between. And I judge the anime as a whole. You can argue the frequency has decreased because they decided to catch up to the manga, but the fact remains that a good chunk was needlessly slice of life-ish. And I get you point about making the world feel lived in, but at some point you gotta set your priorities straight. A lot of anime make their world feel lived in without dedicating entire arcs to childish and lazy writing.
Edit: I missed the "most" part from my earlier comment. My point still remains that the anime as a whole had too much of these.
Yes they do, with the exception of 1 main character every single character that appears in the manga is improved on in the anime, this ranges from giving boruto multiple character arcs ,Mitsuki a fleshed out motivation, thats not even accounting for the objectively better world building that the manga is straight up devoid of, stuff that actually enrich the setting.
Right. But I'm talking about the numerous side characters of anime not manga. There was that samurai girl, that kakashi wannabe, that scientist kid, and many more that are pointless characters. They don't matter and create needless clutter that take up unreal amounts of the runtime, which is a pointless investment as a viewer because it's not gonna matter. The world building is better but that doesn't mean the quality is better. It should have been seamless and not arcs solely dedicated to world building. I hate to bring up AOT, but it didn't need an entire arc to show us the lives of each side character. I know the manga doesn't have any world building, but I prefer zero more than a negative. But that's just me, and I understand if you like it the other way around.
The Point of engaging stories isnt that they solely exist so that they can appear at a later point, if a story is well told within its context it doesnt matter, but even then your wrong, the anime actively does blend its original content with the manga, hence why there's actually qualitative changes in certain sections of the story
A story is engaging when the storytelling is consistent. Take FMAB for instance. Every character was shown for a purpose and mattered. The large majority of Boruto's classroom doesn't. The amount of changes that the anime does make fall under the few exceptions that I mentioned. I think you are forgetting about the sheer volume of characters that were initially introduced just to have enough episodes so that the anime doesn't catch up with the manga.
This is a bit disingenuous given the arc your using as an example here is the arc that requires itself inherently to not have lasting consequences given its premise. one of the primary supporting characters of the manga and the timeskip, a character who is apparently so important that they completely immune to the biggest status quo shift in the story is entirely first and foremost an anime original character that made the leap into the manga after the fact, where her entire characterization and motivations are entirely reliant on you actually having seen that arc.
I find it funny that you find my example disingenuous yet you mentioned Sumire who is one of the very very few characters that the story actually carried forward. You can't ignore the sheer bulk of characters that were left in the dust. But I digress. I only mentioned the timeslip arc because it is easier to explain that example because of it's blatant-ness. But other arcs do similar in terms of how much they actually matter.
sure its more consistent given one is monthly series that has to only focus on its immediate plot, but the anime has significant higher highs and absolutely triumphs the manga when it adapts the same content most of the time.
Yeah I agree. Maybe I worded it wrong, but manga fights in anime are much better than in the manga. What I meant to say is that, when I average everything out, I find manga's quality better than the anime. The anime might have it's perks, but it makes a lot of sacrifices while executing those perks which end up reducing the overall quality for me.
I feel like you would only believe this if your exposure is solely through osmosis and seeing clips, because yes the art and animation is as consistent as what your going to get from a seasonal series and the later half of the series suffered extreme production issues, it still overall one of the most consistent series with a weekly schedule. with a specific sections of the series having the most cuts ever produced by studio pierrot
Now you are just making excuses for the studio. I know why their quality is low. The fact tho is that it is still bad. It is not my problem that they decided to make it weekly instead of seasonal. I'm obviously gonna rate it as a finished product and I'm not gonna have separate ratings for seasonal and weekly anime.
having a few frames of animation as a call back in like 3 out of 20+ major fights isnt resorting to anything.
It is telling of how much the studio relies on nostalgia. Please do not make me write out a list of all the cheap nostalgia baits throughout the years.
The anime isnt perfect, it has its own fair share of significant issues, the most egregiously is probably the handling of Kawaki and the lackluster design conversion from Ikemoto's art (besides Sarada, cause screw that design) but theres absolutely no way ill ever be able to think the manga is consistently better.
Sure and you are entitled to your own opinion. I just rather have something done right or none at all.

Last edited:
Back