• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Merz is pulling off a spirit bomb susanoo lmao.

Also according to the game this means that : Combined energy of a huge amount of ninjas > Naruto and Sasuke combined.

Obito: "Naruto, we're the same, you and I. My parents are dead, your parents are dead... don't think about why. My friend got killed, and yours just did too... don't think about why. Your friend betrayed you, and my friend is trying to kill me... don't think about why. Everyone hates us both... don't think about why."

Naruto: "I fully get all of that, guys, but he is so cool."

Guy: "Wait, who was that guy he just killed?"

Obito: "Naruto, we're the same, you and I. My parents are dead, your parents are dead... don't think about why. My friend got killed, and yours just did too... don't think about why. Your friend betrayed you, and my friend is trying to kill me... don't think about why. Everyone hates us both... don't think about why."

Naruto: "I fully get all of that, guys, but he is so cool."

Guy: "Wait, who was that guy he just killed?"
Did Obito just start rapping in front of Naruto?

Baka-yaro, kono-yaro.
Obito after killing Naruto's parents and committing multiple war crimes:
eminem.jpg

Does anyone know where it's stated that Hagoromo created the Bijuu based on Yokai? I remember that being stated somewhere, but I can't remember the source. If that statement exists, can someone tell me where it's from? Or give it to me if you feel like being super based?

Does anyone know where it's stated that Hagoromo created the Bijuu based on Yokai? I remember that being stated somewhere, but I can't remember the source. If that statement exists, can someone tell me where it's from? Or give it to me if you feel like being super based?
I'm pretty sure this isn't the statement you're looking for but Kurama hints at the reference in his dialogue with Kawaki. He kinda calls himself a demon/yokai. The word used in the anime was "yokai". I guess that along with the obvious similarities can be used as circumstantial evidence.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the statement you're looking for but Kurama hints at the reference in his dialogue with Kawaki. He kinda calls himself a demon/yokai. The word used in the anime was "yokai". I guess that along with the obvious similarities can be used as circumstantial evidence.
Yeah, I do remember that interaction, but you sure there's nothing else?

Yeah, I do remember that interaction, but you sure there's nothing else?
Not to my knowledge. You have obvious name drop of Gyuki. Then you have Shukaku and Kurama calling themselves tanuki and kitsune respectively. And lastly you have 2 tails being a cat as a reference to a yokai cat who has 2 tails. Son Goku can't be a yokai as he is a reference to DB and Journey to the west. And the rest are just fan speculations like Isobu and Saiken. The existence of Son Goku means not all of them are yokai based. But mythology isn't my expertise so there could be info that I missed.

Also what are you actually looking for? A statement stating Kishimoto based them on Yokai or Hagoromo created them based on Yokai?

Not to my knowledge. You have obvious name drop of Gyuki. Then you have Shukaku and Kurama calling themselves tanuki and kitsune respectively. And lastly you have 2 tails being a cat as a reference to a yokai cat who has 2 tails. Son Goku can't be a yokai as he is a reference to DB and Journey to the west. And the rest are just fan speculations like Isobu and Saiken. The existence of Son Goku means not all of them are yokai based. But mythology isn't my expertise so there could be info that I missed.

Also what are you actually looking for? A statement stating Kishimoto based them on Yokai or Hagoromo created them based on Yokai?
The latter. I'm cooking something, and that could be immensely helpful.

I mean we know genuine demons canonically exist within Naruto

Satori anyone? Blood Prison is canon after all
Idk if it's canon. But I checked out it's fandom page, and it says it has been around since the time of sage of six paths. So he could've known about the existence of demons.

Besides that, the Danzo succ machine is a summon, so not sure if it counts as a canon demon.

And then there are the Doki from Tayuya's demonic flute.

Lastly, the only actual named yokai is an artificial one, Nue.

Idk if it's canon.
The exact events/plot of the movie are directly mentioned in the Kakashi Novel and iirc in Boruto itself

There is a few inconsistencies in the movie ( cause kishi clearly didn't decide whether it was canon or not until later )

The biggest is Naruto knowing Bee already

So basically, you can still take the movie we got as a mostly canon rendition of however the true events went...just remove some things like Bee being there

The exact events/plot of the movie are directly mentioned in the Kakashi Novel and iirc in Boruto itself

There is a few inconsistencies in the movie ( cause kishi clearly didn't decide whether it was canon or not until later )

The biggest is Naruto knowing Bee already

So basically, you can still take the movie we got as a mostly canon rendition of however the true events went...just remove some things like Bee being there
Just use the info from it as canon. Since I think we do that for that bleach movie for support on the size of the place.

Back