• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Mans was channeling Tobirama with these…
umc58ymrsvp71.jpg
His hands are rated E for Every one of those damned Otsutsuki

Last edited:
From what I'm understanding, I think the healing fractures thing is valid. But I think the one time Momoshiki revived boruto and healed his stab wound shouldn't be combat applicable. It relied on the fact that Boruto had an incomplete extraction at the time. So the stab wound healing shouldn't be used. Whether that makes a difference though, I don't know. But yeah, the fracture thing seems fine.

This got me thinking. Sasuke gets stabbed every weekend with chakra rods. Does he have regen for that? Or is he just walking around with holes in his body.
I wasn't using the healing heart stuff. It was the guy that brought it up . I k ow it is not combat applicable coz it is a one time thing. Except you are specifically using a key of boruto before it was done. But yeah the fractures is the main thing

So guys I was thinking. Naruto never even tries to use Talk no Jutsu on any Otsutsukis. He even helped Kawaki, who is sort of an Otsutsuki. But never the ones that look Otsutsuki. Is it because he can sense intentions and decided they are beyond hope? Or is he just space racist? Which would be funny because he got powers from an Otsutsuki and his own son is now an Otsutsuki.
Naruto never uses Talk no Jutsu unless there's a possibility for mutual understanding between the two parties. Mutual understanding is the first and most important step towards reconciliation in Naruto, basically. That's the main thesis of the series, IMO.
So basically, all the prevalent examples of Talk no Jutsu were when Naruto had something in common with the target of the TnJ.
  • Iruka (kinda): Both him and Naruto lost their parents to the Nine-Tails. Both of them became delinquents as a defense mechanism in order to stand out and cope with their crippling loneliness.
  • Zabuza: Their link was their strong feelings for Haku, and that's what Naruto used to break through to Zabuza, although it's a bit of an outlier because Naruto doesn't actually have anything in common with Zabuza himself, except maybe being ostracized by their respective village and finding solace in their friend(s).
  • Neji: This was an early prelude to the idea of predetermined outcomes, and everyone's roles being defined from birth. Given who Naruto is, and what his dreams and aspirations were, he obviously opposed Neji's ideology on fate. Neji himself was incredibly insecure, much like Naruto used to be, despite his constant boasting about being a genius (which he was tbf), so it was just a good juxtaposition all around.
  • Gaara: Their shared link was the fact that both were Jinchuriki, and Naruto understood most of Gaara's struggles very well. Gaara was essentially what Naruto could've turned into if not for Iruka, Sasuke, Sakura, Shikamaru, Jiraiya, Kakashi, Tsunade, etc.
  • Pain: Their link was the fact that they were both casualties of the rotten Shinobi system (Naruto being a Jinchuriki orphan and Nagato being a war orphan), both were students of Jiraiya, and both were entrusted with Jiraiya's dream for world peace and cooperation. Both of them saw a lot of themselves in each other, and that's where the mutual understanding began to form.
  • Obito: Another "dark version of Naruto" if you will. Their link is their initial desire to become Hokage. Obito lost sight of himself over the years, while Naruto never did, and eventually he helped Obito find his true self again, which had been all but eliminated by Madara's influence. This is probably why Madara and Naruto never really had any chance to ever reach mutual understanding, let alone reconciliation. Madara wanted to snuff out all individuality, except for his own, thus making conflict literally impossible. Naruto wanted to reach that goal through understanding and cooperation. Only Hashirama could've ever gotten through to Madara, but unfortunately, he never truly tried to understand his friend's mental struggles.
  • Sasuke: Naruto's first Talk no Jutsu attempt on Sasuke actually failed, and that's because there was no real avenue of understanding between them. Naruto simply didn't understand the kind of loss and loneliness Sasuke was dealing with, as it was vastly different to his own. By the time the Time skip rolled around, nothing had changed really, so Naruto failed again. It was only when Naruto tasted true loss after losing Jiraiya, Neji, and understanding the kind of loss he'd suffered from Kurama after getting to know his parents that Naruto truly understood Sasuke and resolved to take on all of his hatred. This eventually got through to Sasuke, and the rest is history.
  • Kabuto (by Itachi): Same deal, really. Both were spies. Both were liars. Both wanted to exert absolute control over their surroundings in order not to feel empty and helpless, etc. That's why Itachi was able to get through to Kabuto as well, he saw a lot of himself in Kabuto.

Now obviously, this doesn't apply to the Otsutsuki. They're a force of nature. Parasitic predators. There's no real avenue for mutual understanding there. Their only objective is to consume and nothing else. It's just different.

Last edited:
Naruto never uses Talk no Jutsu unless there's a possibility for mutual understanding between the two parties. Mutual understanding is the first and most important step towards reconciliation in Naruto, basically. That's the main thesis of the series, IMO.
So basically, all the prevalent examples of Talk no Jutsu were when Naruto had something in common with the target of the TnJ.
  • Iruka (kinda): Both him and Naruto lost their parents to the Nine-Tails. Both of them became delinquents as a defense mechanism in order to stand out and cope with their crippling loneliness.
  • Zabuza: Their link was their strong feelings for Haku, and that's what Naruto used to break through to Zabuza, although it's a bit of an outlier because Zabuza doesn't actually have anything in common with Zabuza himself, except maybe being ostracized by their respective village and finding solace in their friend(s).
  • Neji: This was an early prelude to the idea of predetermined outcomes, and everyone's roles being defined from birth. Given who Naruto is, and what his dreams and aspirations were, he obviously opposed Neji's ideology on fate. Neji himself was incredibly insecure, much like Naruto used to be, despite his constant boasting about being a genius (which he was tbf), so it was just a good juxtaposition all around.
  • Gaara: Their shared link was the fact that both were Jinchuriki, and Naruto understood most of Gaara's struggles very well. Gaara was essentially what Naruto could've turned into if not for Iruka, Sasuke, Sakura, Shikamaru, Jiraiya, Kakashi, Tsunade, etc.
  • Pain: Their link was the fact that they were both casualties of the rotten Shinobi system (Naruto being a Jinchuriki orphan and Nagato being a war orphan), both were students of Jiraiya, and both were entrusted with Jiraiya's dream for world peace and cooperation. Both of them saw a lot of themselves in each other, and that's where the mutual understanding began to form.
  • Obito: Another "dark version of Naruto" if you will. Their link is their initial desire to become Hokage. Obito lost sight of himself over the years, while Naruto never did, and eventually he helped Obito find his true self again, which had been all but eliminated by Madara's influence. This is probably why Madara and Naruto never really had any chance to ever reach mutual understanding, let alone reconciliation. Madara wanted to snuff out all individuality, except for his own, thus making conflict literally impossible. Naruto wanted to reach that goal through understanding and cooperation. Only Hashirama could've ever gotten through to Madara, but unfortunately, he never truly tried to understand his friend's mental struggles.
  • Sasuke: Naruto's first Talk no Jutsu attempt on Sasuke actually failed, and that's because there was no real avenue of understanding between them. Naruto simply didn't understand the kind of loss and loneliness Sasuke was dealing with, as it was vastly different to his own. By the time the Time skip rolled around, nothing had changed really, so Naruto failed again. It was only when Naruto tasted true loss after losing Jiraiya, Neji, and understanding the kind of loss he'd suffered from Kurama after getting to know his parents that Naruto truly understood Sasuke and resolved to take on all of his hatred. This eventually got through to Sasuke, and the rest is history.
  • Kabuto (by Itachi): Same deal, really. Both were spies. Both were liars. Both wanted to exert absolute control over their surroundings in order not to feel empty and helpless, etc. That's why Itachi was able to get through to Kabuto as well, he saw a lot of himself in Kabuto.

Now obviously, this doesn't apply to the Otsutsuki. They're a force of nature. Parasitic predators. There's no real avenue for mutual understanding there. Their only objective is to consume and nothing else. It's just different.
Excuses for the space racist smh
Makes sense. Especially considering we don't really get a real background on any Otsutsukis.
Zabuza doesn't actually have anything in common with Zabuza himself
MFer can't even hang out with himself goddamit.

Still wouldn't vibe with his mindset if Boruto and Kawaki hadn't switched tbh
His mindset is: "This guy is my best friend. Look at this other guy. He wants to kill my best friend. He killed his parents. He is hosting an alien parasite who tried to kill us all. I want him to die. I will do it myself."

So guys I was thinking. Naruto never even tries to use Talk no Jutsu on any Otsutsukis. He even helped Kawaki, who is sort of an Otsutsuki. But never the ones that look Otsutsuki. Is it because he can sense intentions and decided they are beyond hope? Or is he just space racist? Which would be funny because he got powers from an Otsutsuki and his own son is now an Otsutsuki.
Icl if you've been alive for over a thousand years n have wiped out enough planets to fill a solar system
No amount of Ninshu is making me wanna forgive em

Icl if you've been alive for over a thousand years n have wiped out enough planets to fill a solar system
No amount of Ninshu is making me wanna forgive em
Your bar is underground
Me personally, if I saw someone running around murdering entire clans and manipulating villages, I would punch their teeth in. But this is Naruto we are talking about. Dude straight up called the person responsible for the death of his parents "the coolest dude".

His mindset is: "This guy is my best friend. Look at this other guy. He wants to kill my best friend. He killed his parents. He is hosting an alien parasite who tried to kill us all. I want him to die. I will do it myself."
Even before hearing about "Boruto killing Kawaki's parents," he wanted to kill Boruto

Sure but I still think it would've been better if he used words instead of going for the kill right away
“Use Words” in the same breath as Mitsuki’s Name is nasty work, m8… 😬

Dude tried to pack up Sumire w/o hesitation. Tried to slit fish boy’s neck at soon as he could.

Killing Boruto once put Kawaki on notice (Don’t go into any dark alley’s alone). “Attempting” to kill him again is a forfeit of your life as far as Mitsuki is concerned. He the type of mf the Godfather uses when he says, “i’ll handle it”… 💀💀💀

It’s dog eat dog world and Mitsuki is about that life.

Back