• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
yo you are alan jia from quora right i was in your discord server like half a year ago before i deleted my id; i think i had access to every channel aswell does your server still exists?
neat-spiderman.gif

i just liked some of minato related quora posts ages ago( I use quora rarely and most of the naruto scalers/ fans there dont even understand their own show) and joined the server it aint that deep
i asked for link cause i was just bored

Last edited:
Speaking of Kirin… what is our stance on BZ 1/1000th Statement? Unreliable Narrator?
Sooooo, for actual lightning it’s not far off to say it reaches the ground in 1/1000th of a second. It really just depends on if you buy the light speed databook statement as literal or not. Since the speed of light can be used as a metaphor for very fast things, and according to Shadow, Japanese text likes to do that a lot. Which imo is kinda where I lean rn, considering Zetsu is some super smart dude allegedly who planned the course of Shinobi history, so for him to be so wrong doesn’t exactly make consistent logical sense. However, that’s not to say you can’t argue the databook is being literal and that an omniscient narrator takes precedence over a fallible one. Ig if I had to put it in vsbw terms, my stance is a Kirin is lightning speed, possibly light speed.

Sooooo, for actual lightning it’s not far off to say it reaches the ground in 1/1000th of a second. It really just depends on if you buy the light speed databook statement as literal or not. Since the speed of light can be used as a metaphor for very fast things, and according to Shadow, Japanese text likes to do that a lot. Which imo is kinda where I lean rn, considering Zetsu is some super smart dude allegedly who planned the course of Shinobi history, so for him to be so wrong doesn’t exactly make consistent logical sense. However, that’s not to say you can’t argue the databook is being literal and that an omniscient narrator takes precedence over a fallible one. Ig if I had to put it in vsbw terms, my stance is a Kirin is lightning speed, possibly light speed.
I just find it sus that the literal kanji for LS is used twice in completely different guidebooks

Also, how does Isshiki deal with limbo clones from Madara?
I wouldn't be surprised if his dojutsu can see it and he can probably interact with them as he's an Otsutsuki, the originator of Six Paths chakra. He can also just tank their attacks and attack Madara so fast they can't block him. Shrinking would also make them hitting him much harder.
Base Naruto has an "At least" in his FTL rating. Either remove it, or just add an "At least" on Sasuke's FTL rating.
Oooh Adult Naruto. That's true

My thing is, as an Author myself, I find it incredibly hard to picture Kishimoto having written that scene and dialogue with the intent of it not being how he envisioned it to work. Of course seeing as the Databooks were written much later, he could have changed his mind, as I find myself doing that every now and then (And it is ASS having to go back and re-edit manuscripts).

From my perspective, it would have to be that he changed his mind because if he wrote it with BZ assuming the speed, but it being much faster than he anticipated, usually that context is shown after the fact but that wasn’t done here. Of course though, as you said, it could be just an example of Japanese hyperbole.

Very nice, but I wanna point out a couple of the big disagreements I have:
Thanks a lot top G, but 🍆
  • Minato's Rasengan scaling to a partial Bijuudama should at least scale it above 7T Kurama's physicals, and you debunked the argument you used to say he can't scale anywhere near Kurama at the end
That's just it, I don't really think it scales to the TBB tbh. It wasn't fully formed, and at the moment of the clash, Kurama had Kushina's seals tightened on him, making him weaker than the moment his chakra made Kushina go V2. But anyway, even if the Rasengan scales to V2 Kushina/Kurama levels, it really ain't changing much of anything in my opinion.
  • Noooooo not the Ay~Minato meta 😭 Minato~KCM2 for life. Especially if you say Minato>Hashirama in speed, that makes Ay faster than him as well, despite being relative/inferior to KCM Naruto, while Hashirama's above BSM Naruto overall. Obv he doesn't need to be as fast as Naruto to be stronger than him, but if he's slower than KCM Naruto, it's very sus that he'd even be able to keep up with BSM Naruto, letalone tag him.
KCM Naruto and the Raikage are indeed faster than Hashirama, yeah. Like, these top tier speedsters are insane when using their full power Shunshin. KCM2 Naruto's Shuunshin is pretty nutty as well. But like I said, it's just one facet, one advantage. Overall, Hashirama slams all of them in a fight, at least imo.
  • Minato also spent all night holding down Kurama inside Kushina before Obito attacked
True, but I didn't think it mattered and here's why. I kinda wanted to stick to combat stamina feats, since this is a fight scenario, not necessarily a pure endurance test (which Hashirama would win either way, but shhhh). And I do think there is a bit of a distinction between these two types of stamina. For example, Akatsuki members, including the likes of SICK ITACHI, can keep pumping chakra into a sealing Jutsu for 3 whole ass days. An impressive feat, no doubt, but I think I speak for all of us when I say that there is no way in hell any of em are gonna last in a high level battle for that long. Maybe Kisame would using Samehada, and the Zombie duo due to their.....zombiness, but otherwise I think you get what I mean lol.
  • Base Hashi ain't that guy, EMS Madara slams him
Cool opinion, but unfortunately the series disagrees with you.
  • Minato CAN teleport everything in direct and indirect contact with him, but he can selectively choose what to teleport. When he teleported him and Kushina, he was touching a tree, but he didn't teleport it with them. When Obito wrapped in chains, Minato teleporting out didn't bring them with him. When he teleported Kurama, Gamabunta didn't come with him. When he teleported the Juubidama, Bee didn't go too. When Juubito was grabbing Naruto and Sasuke's faces, he didn't come when Minato saved them. It's very consistent that Minato can pick and choose targets to BFR, so it's very probable that Minato could tap the Wood Golem or something and separate it from Hashirama.
I didn't say that he can't selectively choose what to teleport out of the things he's in direct/indirect contact with (at least I don't think I did, it has been a while since I wrote that script lol, so mb if I did mess up on that). I think the point I was making was that he can't just randomly teleport something he's not making physical contact with, whether it's direct or indirect. All the examples you brought up fall under that rule. So even if it's something he's not touching himself, if the object is touching something that he's in contact with, then I believe it still counts.

Back