• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damage3245 said:
No, it's stated in the last chapter that Boro's scientific ninja tools produce real viruses whereas no known jutsu can.

Everything else beyond that is speculative.
scientific tools can produce real matter and no known jutsu can. viruses was a shown example, you really think that we need specifics for everything? The extra evidence also comes from an actual scientific tool that does fire photons you are being exactly what Ant said, overly picky.

Kara's technology is literally very advanced from Konoha's science tech division. If we want tbh I wouldn't be surprised if Delta's beams are even better than the Photon Laser

Rocker1189 said:
scientific tools can produce real matter and no known jutsu can. viruses was a shown example, you really think that we need specifics for everything? The extra evidence also comes from an actual scientific tool that does fire photons you are being exactly what Ant said, overly picky.
It's in my nature to be picky and sceptical. From my perspective far too many people are the opposite and more willing to readily accept any kind of upgrades.

Like others on here, I've just stated I would prefer more hard evidence of actual lightspeed. Obviously the standard for evidence is a lot lower for other people. Nothing I can do about that unfortunately.

Damage3245 said:
It's in my nature to be picky and sceptical. From my perspective far too many people are the opposite and more willing to readily accept any kind of upgrades.
Yeah that is why I said overly. I dont mind being picky but I think you are quite a lot of the time, too skeptical and picky. I hope this is not insulting to say.

Why do u always say your perspective man? When it comes to Naruto:Boruto way too many people are ready to accept downgrades when facts are being thrown right into our faces compared to other verses

Obviously something needs to change.

Rocker1189 said:
Yeah that is why I said overly. I dont mind being picky but I think you are quite a lot of the time, too skeptical and picky. I hope this is not insulting to say.
Somebody has to be the Devil's advocate. The more eagerly I see some people accepting upgrades, the more scrutiny I need to offer. It's just how I roll.

Damage3245 said:
Somebody has to be the Devil's advocate. The more eagerly I see some people accepting upgrades, the more scrutiny I need to offer. It's just how I roll.
Wait....WHAT. Are you telling me that you PURPOSLEY downgraded characters is ONLY cause YOU feel that others finding evidence is something not good?

These two sweeps leave me one foot behind this.

https://v93.**********.com/manga/Boruto/0033-017.png

https://v93.**********.com/manga/Boruto/0033-018.png

What? Not have context between the photon statement and Delta? Except it is literally said that Ninja scientific weapons literally use real matter (and Delta's body is entirely made up of it) and then, in Naruto's world, there is no weapon other than Ninja scientific weapons. So obviously, the statement about photons also falls on scientific ninja tools.

I don't think it's bad to wait for more information. However, the information may take too long or even ever to be shown.
You may be the most skeptical and demanding, but you cannot deny the obvious. This is literally just an argument for unbelief.

BlackeJan said:
Wait....WHAT. Are you telling me that you PURPOSLEY downgraded characters is ONLY cause YOU feel that others finding evidence is something not good?
Lets not go here please, take it elsewhere. This thread has been clean and I am keeping it that way.

MostPowerfull said:
Sorry everyone for before, it is a matter not related to that.

Well, by the way ...
This looks like a pretty good list; those are three out of the 5 points to support them being light speed. And while there is one point to argue against them being light speed, I will point out that the Spartan Laser also explodes upon impact, and that still got accepted as a real laser. Though, it's because the official muzzle velocity outright spells out 299,792,458 m/s. But given the consistency, I'm willing to accept the photon guns as light speed.

Anyway I think that we are done here, Ant has agreed and we have had 4 staff agreed as well as multiple regular members. we have had a couple of neutrals and 1 staff disagree with 1 or 2 regular members disagreeing.

If nothing else needs to be said I am ok with this being closed so we can focus on who is scaling and on calcs.

BlackeJan said:
Where did I mention downgrading?

> And while there is one point to argue against them being light speed, I will point out that the Spartan Laser also explodes upon impact, and that still got accepted as a real laser. Though, it's because the official muzzle velocity outright spells out 299,792,458 m/s.

I feel like that's a different scenario entirely. Even if you didn't want to accept the Spartan Laser as being a real laser or not, it still has a canon speed as you say.

In which case the other standards don't really seem relevant? The only thing to check would be if the canon stated speed is contradicted by anything.

Well, I'll basically show a vote:

• Agreed: Antvasima, DDM, Mindovin, Jvando, Rocker, M3X, Astral, Wrath?, PowertoScale, Blacke, MadaraZKX, LordGriffin, KLOL, Sheogorath, Shadowgun
  • Neutral: MostPowerfull, Causality, Elizhaa,
  • Disagree: Damage, Sigurd, USklaverei?

@Damage, I do agree that it's a different scenario, but the Photon Guns do appear to be outright stated as light speed, so I think the Relativistic calculations are fine.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
@Damage, I do agree that it's a different scenario, but the Photon Guns do appear to be outright stated as light speed, so I think the Relativistic calculations are fine.
I think you're confused here? this CRT isn't for a photon gun.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
The CRT is for a laser emitted by someone who has abilities related to photon guns, which is where the issue stems.

MostPowerfull said:
Well, I'll basically show a vote:
  • Agreed: Antvasima, DDM, Mindovin, Jvando, Rocker, M3X, Astral, Wrath?, PowertoScale, Blacke, MadaraZKX, LordGriffin, KLOL, Sheogorath, Shadowgun
  • Neutral: MostPowerfull, Causality, Elizhaa,
  • Disagree: Damage, Sigurd, USklaverei?
LordGriffin agreed for relativistic as well.

AstralKing7 said:
How in the world are standards not relevant???? It's standards which we follow
Because it's a different scenario. You must have missed that bit?

@DDM: the photon guns, possibly, even though there isn't an explicit speed stated for them. It's Delta's beams which are more concerning for me.

All that drama for some criteria, imagine if someone in the manga say the beams is light speed. Next argument would be... Naruto dodged the swing, again? Because the previous one in this thread were already debunked

The Prince of Counters said:
I agree with Damage but if this gets accepted expect this to turn into a cluster **** on the wiki.

Incoming Light Speed Foxy.
If it get accepted its nothing special lightspeed has been accepted across several verses with less.

and if this is the kind of stuff people are saying when they come to this thread, please just dont, it has nothing to do with the thread nor Naruto and is just pointless derailment.

I disagree with them being light speed since they don't actually meet the qualifications of light and have actual contradictions to being light.

1) The beams cause explosions and degrade cells. Photons and regular light does not do such a thing, thus these beams are altered and can't be truly compared to actual light.

2) The beams disperse upon contact with a physical object. Actual photons and light don't do such a thing. It would solely make contact and shine on the spot it hits.

We don't have actual proof that these are made of photons, it's solely speculation based on the fact Kara members are robotic and that Boro (a Kara member, not even Delta) uses actual viruses in his attacks.

We don't know how these beams would behave when making contact with a reflective surface to know if they would refract like actual light.

At the very least, we should wait for more evidence since Delta is returning because for right now we have more going against Delta's beams being light speed than for it. So I disagree for now.

@IMade

1 - This has already been answered and is just a repeated point.
Several lasers in fiction explode or are shown to interact with matter, far beyond what lasers do.
Kizaru's own lasers do this and others do. And affecting the cells is purely hax, none of which influences their characteristics.

2 - This has also been answered and is not a relevant point. Unless you study the subject, no one can tell how light actually scatters. This is literally requiring a complex knowledge of physics and the mechanics of light from the author. And Rasengan is not physical, is pure energy, kek!

Lie. The evidence is based on Novel's claim that technology in Naruto has advanced to the point of making photon weapons (and that currently only ninja science tools do this and can be used by both ninja and ordinary people), the fact that scientific ninja tools use real matter, and the case of Delta being completely robotic.

This is not relevant. If any time happens to reflect or not, it can be changed.

The evidence of manga, released monthly, can take months or years. Same goes for a Databook.

I don't usually comment on this and I like threads to be open for discussion as much as possible ...

But right now, it's literally the same points being repeated over and over again. Now is not the time to close this thread?

I don't see the rush, unless you want a repeat of all the last upgrade thread that went through.

I'd personally prefer input from Calc members and other staff such as DT and Ugarik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back