• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Planet Size

Matthew Schroeder said:
The art is blatantly non-literal unless you seriously think those mountains are the size of europe.
Again, why not? Why cant these mountains be as big as europe or any other country? Unless explicity proven otherwise, your taking these fictional worlds and thinking these worlds have to be realistic, which is where the issue begins and needs to honestly stop.

This is fiction for a reason. Like I already explained, these fictional worlds are vastly different from our world for numerous self-explanatory reasons. Yet, for some reason, we suddenltly have the mentality of thinking these planets sizes need to be as realistic as possible in relation to our own planet. And thats blatantly disregarding what fiction is in the 1st place. If the laws of the world in question are not remotely the same as our world, why does the size need to? If there are ways to prove its bigger, than that should be sufficient to go off of. If not, THEN regualar earth size becomes the verse's standard.

@Assalt

The purpose of what Pixel Scaling is used for has absolutely nothing to do with the legitimacy of the method, which was what was being discussed in previous arguments.

People we're saying Pixel Scaling would need to be dropped because of how art and drawing styles can be inconsistent, which they obviously are. So that means Pixel Scaling would need to be dropped too because it solely relies on those inconsistent artstyles. But thats clearly never going to happen since its ridiculous to suggest. So if Pixel Scaling isnt to be dropped for these reasons, then neither should planetary size scaling for those reaaons.

Otherwise, its flat out cherry picking.

I don't really buy that argument, we all know pixel scaling leaves room for error and innacuracies, that doesn't mean you can't draw the line somewhere

Scaling a planet from a single character is going to be far less accurate than scaling a building, it's dishonest to claim all pixel scaling is equally flawed/innacurate.

Of course Pixel Scaling is not always correct. No calcing method is. Its not absolute.

Just like how drawing portryals are not always consistent as no sane artist is ever going to care about, let alone try, to make each drawing panel 100% the same as the one before.

Pixel Scaling is obviously not always correct, but that doesnt take away from the general point on how inconsistencies in art doesnt mean we suddenly discard the method in general. So the same should go for planetary scaling.

Pixel scaling for most non-massive structures is not an issue most of the time. It only starts becoming a problem when you reach crazy large sizes.

Sometimes you just have to use your common sense and discretion here, people. If the image you're using depicts continent-sized mountains and multi-thousand tall kilometer clouds, there may be a problem.

Lol he is like that everyone Naruto thread that doesn't get accepted. He throws a fit and brings up Bleach. His bias is sticking out his ass.

dont start it with who bias or not

i know truth hurt really bad

we are talking Pixel scaling rule so no one get Special Treatment

Seems like you're pretty hurt. No need to be like this you're making yourself look bad. Anyways enough derailing from me. The staff can sort this out.

Mitch has a point. If the planet's geography is that different from our planet, why do we even think that the planet is as big/small as ours?

It's like assuming that every tree has to be as big as the one I climbed once when I was a child just because that's my standard for those trees.

While I think that some kind of calcs aren't consistent at all, who knows? I mean, it's a different planet after all.

Assaltwaffle said:
Pixel scaling for most non-massive structures is not an issue most of the time. It only starts becoming a problem when you reach crazy large sizes.
Sometimes you just have to use your common sense and discretion here, people. If the image you're using depicts continent-sized mountains and multi-thousand tall kilometer clouds, there may be a problem.
Assalt show me one other situation where we ignore pixel scaling because it's too large? We've literally accepted a pixelscaling speed feat from Dragonball that scales from the universe, i've literally never seen this issue brought up before and i'd like to see us apply it across the board if we're going to

So i'll be fine with using that as an excuse to not use this calc if we make it a calculation rule to never pixel scale off large things because i assume you're saying it becomes inflated and inconsistent.

@TakaHakai

Off the top of my head? Beefcake from OPM. The dude swaps between several hundred meters to dozens of kilometers several times in a couple frames.

We use the accepted height of 270 meters, which makes far more sense, instead of trying to make him absurdly and inconsistently large using some of his frames.

Even if Beefcake didn't have an official height, we'd always lowball it.

As for Naruto, everything visually contradicts that planet size. Mountains the size of continents? Normal clouds that dwarf most countries? It's too ridiculous. If other scaled planets have these same problems I'll gladly go to bat for any needed downgrades.

nv has more then 6 calc and even lowest calc is 2x time bigger then earth

I'll gladly go to bat for any needed downgrades.

go with FT earth and bleach Bleach's Seiretei

If someone wants to present the similarly troublesome crazy proportions found in Naruto I'll be fine with supporting a downgrade. I don't know enough about either verse to know if they have the same problems.

Also, even if we want to accept Naruto's planet as larger than Earth (which I'm still against) using that to calc stuff like the god tree is completely off the table because of the ludcrious issues it presents. What else could such a planet size that doesn't use disporitonate art be used for?

Also another size that got rejected was, although not pixel scaled, Chakravartin. It was determined that, even though it looked like galaxies surrounded him, that he couldn't that large since it would throw the proportions of the rest of the world and characters massively off.

For Fairy Tail's defense, it use a indicated distance (300km) to found the size of the country via a Map for calc The size of the Planet with another Map of the FT world, we have no planetary shot like for Naruto so we can't determined inflated Size for common stuff like mountains or clouds

But I'm not really knowledgeable about the verse so I can maybe make a thread about this later.

why is it that nardoe gets bigger earths but dragon ball doesn't?

Come on guys, we all know that DB will reach High 1-B thanks to Toei hiring cosmological experts but Tier 5 is where they will really shine when you can find guys being able to one-shot New 52 Supes and the Moon UwU

I still honestly don't agree or sit well with the "its ridiculous for this X world to be y size" when, again, these are fictional planets we are talking about that differ from our own world in a countless to innumerable amount of ways.

Though, Assault does make a good point that we should still use common sense and analyze it with some sense to mind.

For me personally, it should be case by case basis. But I can't speak for everyone on this site so..

The best way to handle this if we have no maps to scale, is finding and calcing different ways of scaling to see which one is most accurate.

For Naruto's case it's seems that consistency isn't the best considering the different values for each calc.

Back