• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Calculation Discussion: Biju Dama Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand aunt came thru yesterday so I was barely on. The blog post I was referencing shows images that have already been presented on this thread, however, so kinda moot. That said, WoI and I - when I get some time - will work on a new one using colored images.
Kek KT and I turned around to the light

The water showing signs of vaporization doesn't answer why the rest of the destroyed landscape isn't showing signs of vaporization from the Eight-Tails example given above.

Ahhh crap.....I was looking for anti-feats for vape and found a feat instead.
This is prolly redundant at this point, but oh well, I guess it can't hurt to have more.
Bijudama_Effects.png

Okay... I was asked to comment about the calcs of these feats. Again.

So, taking a glance at these calcs and hoping I'm not misunderstanding, it basically boils down to using a random mountain close to the explosion vs. using globe scaling from the Anime. Given that this is considered being used for a calc, I am going to assume that the landscapes & maps in both Anime & Manga of Naruto are essentially the same. I am also assuming that it has been concluded that vaporization for the Bijuu Bombs should be used judging by the discussion above. I agree with using vaporization anyway.

With that said, I am a little torn in this decision: the latter does use more steps than the former, but the former does make an assumption whereas the the latter just takes measurements step by step.

Personally, I like to use the calc that makes lesser assumptions given that calc would depend on less variables that are outside of our control/can't determine. And... I believe KT's version makes lesser assumptions here. So... I might side that calc here.

ALRIGHT, I GAVE MY INPUT. NOW STOP CALCULATING THIS GODDAMN FEAT AND LET IT REST FFS.

With that said, I am a little torn in this decision: the latter does use more steps than the former, but the former does make an assumption whereas the the latter just takes measurements step by step.

The latter makes a similar assumption.

Both options aren't free from assumptions.

EDIT: You don't have to respond since you appear to be done with this thread, but I needed to point that out.

The latter makes a similar assumption.

Both options aren't free from assumptions.

EDIT: You don't have to respond since you appear to be done with this thread, but I needed to point that out.
You’re assuming the mountain size where as the other is using the maps given to us by the canon material. Why is this a debate

You’re assuming the mountain size where as the other is using the maps given to us by the canon material. Why is this a debate
Why should using maps of the continent make it a more believable calc?

It uses an assumption for the planet's size, multiple scaling steps to get from the planet shot to the continent to the craters, and I think that using an assumption for the mountain's size and a single scaling shot of mountain to explosion is more reasonable.

Why is this a debate? Because people can have different points of view and opinions.

Why should using maps of the continent make it a more believable calc?

It uses an assumption for the planet's size, multiple scaling steps to get from the planet shot to the continent to the craters, and I think that using an assumption for the mountain's size and a single scaling shot of mountain to explosion is more reasonable.

Why is this a debate? Because people can have different points of view and opinions.
The difference is you’re using the real world to scale while they’re using educated assumptions based off the canon maps that have been given to us while you’re using the standard mountain size💀

Yeah I know, I just can’t tell if he’s intent on making a case for his calc still or if he’s fine going with the other.

Well to be honest my old calc is outdated now and would need re-making if it was going to be viable but I don't feel up to that right now. So I'm fine for conceding on it and potentially revisiting the topic in a far-future date.
Would you want to redo it in the future?

New depth formula accepted for craters larger than 10km in diamter: Depth = 2.46223*Radius^.564103

Go save those Juubi Bijuudama calcs fellas.
I did the math in my head using rough work and using paraboloid volume formula, big dip from Wrath and M3X's values but definitely a massive upgrade over KingTempest's normal ground-based explosion values that netted 7-A.

The 16.3 km radius big boom nets us Low 6-B (1.5-ish teratons) while the 62.05 km radius big boom nets us 6-B (43-ish teratons), and yes, this is vaporization, obviously.

No I posted the depth formula, but you must use the parabolic volume formula, it’s somewhere in the depth thread.
Wait, then your sandbox is incomplete.

So Depth formula is 2.46223*Radius^2.564103

Once you solve that you must once again use this formula for Paraboloids= 0.5 * pi * radius^2 * depth that you just calculated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back