• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto and Boruto discussion thread

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Please, try to discuss everything you want to talk about in this thread to not constantly clog the forum with revisions and stuff.

Naruto-lovers, please, enjoy yourselves.
Naruto six paths mode
Super Saiya

^Boruto is currently trying to figure out what power his left eye is, while fighting other ninjas that are being controlled by a shadown like monster only he can see with said eye

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
^Boruto is currently trying to figure out what power his left eye is, while fighting other ninjas that are being controlled by a shadown like monster only he can see with said eye
Yeah, I know about this. I've watched up until the episode that previewed their fight with Shino. I wanna know what's happening with Toneri. -_-

I hope they don't reckon the manga, I want momoshiki to give the seal to Boruto and not Toneri. It would be cool to see his new form in action.

Shouldn't we add more abilities and stuff for Boruto? I'm pretty sure the anime is canon for it telling the story of when they were in the academy.

We have wait a lot to get to the kawaki stuff they have to animate gaiden and boruto manga how long is it going to take

Momoshiki's Manga abilities aren't added, yet.

"He also has a unique ability which can turn any of his targets into a Chakra Fruit, that he can eat to gain said person's abilities."

Was this confirmed? Or only applies to his race rituals?

Why didn't he turn Sasuke or Naruto? That should be fix on his profile.

What would that kind of ability be?

I think Mitsuki's page is already updated.

Didn't Boruto summon with a special scroll? I don't think it would count as one of his standard equipment.

Dzhindzholia said:
@AppleLord
I think it is within their race.Momo even said that it is a way to transmit power to the descendants.If i dont forget.

+ i think he need there permission too

he can turn any attack into Chakra Fruit but he cant turn any being into Chakra Fruit without there permission

Boruto didn't use the scroll.

At any rate, do you guys seriously believe Kaguya is only 5-B with ETSB? That makes no sense with in verse mechanics. Every jutsu requires X amount chakra to use.

The argument about Kaguya is that she was inconsistent which is why she's not labeled as that when that isn't true.

When Kaguya was revived, She wanted to absorb Naruto and Sasuke's Chakra, she couldn't if she killed them thus she held back. This is a fact. And in Naruto, the more Chakra you use, the less stamina you have and the more your stats tank. All of Kaguya's Jutsu use a lot of chakra. Even using portals to her dimensions do. These mechanics have been established since part 1.

It's not until after Kaguya Spammed:

• Amenominaka 4x
  • Yomotsu 8x (3 of which where to other dimensions)
^Her biggest Chakra depleters (Plus other Jutsu) that she was even injured.

Up until Zetsu convinced her to Kill Naruto and Sasuke, She tanked and overpowered Naruto and Sasuke. But by then she had already used a lot of Chakra when Naruto ripped her arm off. After tanking Naruto's Biju FRS and losing control of the biju, she absorbed more chakra to which Zetsu States (Viz Scan):

"Mother just gained more power...both her might and speed are now exponentially greater."

Not only that but she created the ETSB and it ws mentioned to create another Dimension with it and implied to destroy the current one (Which houses a space large enough for an earth sized planet and moon):

Zetsu (Viz): "This root time-space is mothers exclusive domain, where she can directly extract Chakra from shinobi trapped in the infinite tsukuyomi! The biju are now stable, plus mother has even produced a truthseeker orb...An expansive kekkei moura truthseeker orb that contains each and every nature...wind, fire, earth, lightning, water, shadow and light. It's the start of a new time-space. And you all will become it's sacrafices."

Kakashi (Viz): "I definitey can't teleport away such a giant object with the kamui...and even if we escape into the other dimension...if that thing get's too large, we won't be able to return to this place."

So here we have it, Kaguya created the ETSB that's going to Replace their current Dimension and make a new one. Stated and implied by 2 sources.

Chakra/Ninjutsu Mechanics in Naruto:

Naruto-1566049
Naruto-1566050

Naruto-1566051

Naruto-1566053

So, there are no inconsistencies with Kaguya that goes against her being 5-B. And she can't just 5-B with ESTB because it's not that type of ability.

If ETSB required 25% of her Chakra to use, then Chanelling 25% of Her chakra in, say her EGVP, it would scale. If she channeled it to her strength it would scale. It's all about Chakra control. And we have many instances of what can be done with TSB's. As Toneri showed, they can convert then to energy and back and as the databook states (Which Toneri proved true), the energy lies "within them".

I find it to be a Double Standard we accept Yhwach to be 5-B, Possibly Higher via several statements and an action (That was stopped) and not Kaguya when she has the same things, Several Statements and an action that was stopped.

The difference between Yhwach and Kaguya is that Kaguya isn't Glass Canon. She tanked all Naruto and Sasuke's Hits and consistently overpowered them until she wasted enough Chakra/Stamina to be of a similar level to them. Yhwach was actually using Killing Blows against Renji/Aizen and Ichigo, Kaguya wasn't until she was convinced later (When she was already of a similar level).

So, what "proof" is there that Kaguya isn't 5-B, Possibly Higher when Yhwach is for the same reasons?

I think being able to enter peoples dreams is some kind of mind hax or something else. I know some characters here have it, im sure.

Yeah it was. My mistake.

I don't think so, iirc it was a normal scroll. Tho aside from that, shouldnt we upgrade Boruto a bit based off the anime? He did compete with and defeated Iwabe in battle, whos physically able to crush through pillars/boulders and use decent earth-style ninjutsu for being an academy student. Also something else that ive been curious about. We have ninja here like Shikamaru who are rated where they are because of paper-bombs. If we're allowing that, shouldnt that apply to pretty much every ninja? All ninja in Naruto have one and incase anyone wants to say "We havent seen character a use it so they don't get it", Boruto has definitely used a paper-bomb before more than once in the anime. Finally, aren't summoning monsters power = to the power of the summoners chakra? Like for example, if a toad is 8-C, then wouldnt its summoner also be 8-C for having the required strong enough chakra to summon them? If so, then Boruto should be upgraded for this as his summoning monster was so strong Konahamaru needed to use his Rasengan on it in order to take it out.

@Barry

Cool, I guess. Bring it up when Gwyn's done with his revisions if you still feel strongly about it by then.

@ProfessorKukui4Life

Well, if it's mind hax, Toneri already has that.

There's some thread on whether the Boruto anime is canon since it's currently showing filler episodes. Yeah, I've wondered about the Shikamaru issue before. I'm guessing it's because his jutsu don't focus on DC and all that stuff. No, I don't think that's the case. Naruto with a little bit of Kurama's chakra is definitely not on Gamabunta's level.

BarryAllen2.0 said:
So, what "proof" is there that Kaguya isn't 5-B, Possibly Higher when Yhwach is for the same reasons?
Yhwach using his reiatsu energy waves instead of an ultimate attack. And yes that black stuff is Yhwach's reiatsu, Ichigo confirmed it when he absorb it to wake up his Hollow sword and go into resurrection.

AppleLord said:
BarryAllen2.0 said:
Yhwach using his reiatsu energy waves instead of an ultimate attack. And yes that black stuff is Yhwach's reiatsu, Ichigo confirmed it when he absorb it to wake up his Hollow sword and go into resurrection.
Ok...That doesn't mean anything really in regards to Kaguya and the Chakra/Ninjutsu system in Naruto. The ETSB is "Ultimate attack" as you put but that doesn't negate the mechanics of chakra control.

This is about Naruto and/or Boruto, the rest is out of place here.

This is about Naruto. The referrencing of certain Characters outside of Naruto is not taking away from that fact. It's just a referrence

The referrence isn't interchangible. Sure, Yhwach used his power like that, but that's not to say Kaguya couldn't channel her energy used for the ETSB to other abilities or stats. Besides, the referrence was merely in that both had statements of them attempting to do the same thing and Both were stopped before they could complete it. Both fought vastly weaker opponents, one had better showers in some regards than the other.

Kaguya used a technique and Yhwach used pure Reiatsu. I get where you're coming from, AppleLord, but Kaguya using a technique means nothing when the technique still requires X chakra to use and chakra control is a thing.

Think of it like this, there is a water hose spewing 30 gallons of water you stick a straw in the side and redirect 4 gallons of that elsewhere. Say ETSB is that 4 Gallons.

Well, Kaguya would beable to redirect that 4 gallons to anywhere she wants. Be it Chakra fists, Stats, etc.

ETSB has specific uses that's different than Kaguya's other abilities but that doesn't negate the fact that she can route the chakra for that elsewhere. So her being 5-B with it only makes no sense because this mechanic exist.

Since when were these episodes filler? I assumed them to be canon since they tell us the story of when Boruto and the others were in the academy and it shouldnt contradict anything since the Boruto movie and manga start after they become genin.

Physically wise, of course Naruto is no where near Gamabunta. But in terms of energy/chakra levels it could be a different story. Gamabunta's power shouldnt be anywhere even close to that of a tailed beast, he barely was able to fend off a casual Shukaku, the weakest of the tailed beasts IIRC. Furthermore, I believe it is shown in many scenes in Naruto that summoning jutsu is dependant on the level of the users chakra to summon the beast they want. Its why at times Naruto/Jirayiya can summon Gambunta level toads normally or when their overpowered but when they are depleted they get stuck with tiny ones like Gamakichi or Gamatatsu.

It's hard to say really. All I can say is that Momoshiki's timestop isn't anything like we've seen in Naruto. Some people try to chuck up to being a mental thing but everytime something like that happens, it takes place in an inner world. Not in real time. It's really hard to explain.

I betlieve that the reason Kaguya is at that level with ETSB is because the databook says that she needs to absorb the people's chakra with the tree in oder for her to unleashed the ETSB. Is a requirement and useless in battle.

@Professor

I dunno if they're filler or not. Personally, I think they're canon but I don't know what others think.

I'm not sure if chakra levels mean anything in this case. For example, Naruto's chakra is much more than Kakashi's, but he's nowhere near his level. I'm talking about Part 1 Naruto. And barely fending off a casual Shukaku is still better than anything Naruto showed at the time or throughout Part 1.

So, any character capable of rivalling prime Kaguya? Current character.

AppleLord said:
I betlieve that the reason Kaguya is at that level with ETSB is because the databook says that she needs to absorb the people's chakra with the tree in oder for her to unleashed the ETSB. Is a requirement and useless in battle.
kaguya wasnt full power cuz her chakra was given to people so she only took back what was belong to her

Wanna bet? I'm calling it right now. A large treat will arrive on Konoha/the world and they will be force to release Kaguya to help them.

PaChi2 said:
So, any character capable of rivalling prime Kaguya? Current character.
Well every canon source in existence puts Momoshiki above Kaguya in terms of Power but It's never accepted anywhere

Current Naruto = Current Sasuke > Fused Momoshiki > Prime Kaguya should be the current powerscaling for Boruto characters

Back