• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Ability Additions

regens instantly from being blown to pieces.

regen would take some time from having a hole in a chest.

"Nah it is due to the damage he took being so big it would take time to regen"

?????

I'm equally mystified at how easy it is to accept that some random unknown factor like a spinning Rasengan or Naruto unlocking the chakra cloak somehow slows down the magical Regenerationn of Edo Tensei which is something that is never commented on again.

Considering how much Kabuto was boasting about the technique having no weaknesses, don't you think he'd reflect a bit on some new discovery that would hamper the Edo Tensei?

Damage3245 said:
I've said all I've wanted to on the subject. If the staff members think the evidence is good enough for it then that's fine.
DarkDragon already agreed with everything except for willpower manipulation, since he thinks possession would make more sense, and space-time manipulation.

Damage3245 said:
I'm equally mystified at how easy it is to accept that some random unknown factor like a spinning Rasengan or Naruto unlocking the chakra cloak somehow slows down the magical Regenerationn of Edo Tensei which is something that is never commented on again.
Considering how much Kabuto was boasting about the technique having no weaknesses, don't you think he'd reflect a bit on some new discovery that would hamper the Edo Tensei?
Never commented again because he literally never got a chance to use it on anyone again. You are saying this as if people unlocking rando powers dont happen in shounen? You say it is easy we accept it despite literally everything pointing in its favour. Also regardless of what you think of the way it happened evidence points to that being the case, so how about you actually argue the evidence and not hypotheticals.

He did reflect a bit, he literally just talked about it, else we wont be having this argument in the first place.

@Rocker1189; from the sounds of it, it has already been accepted. Discussing it further is pointless right now.

I believe the evidence is too ambiguous to use, you believe it is fine. There's not much more to argue about than that.

I wouldn't be so sure that means they have no soul at all. They're living masses of chakra but with their own minds & will.

they dont have soul cuz They're just living masses of chakra

unless hagoromo also created their soul too

AstralKing7 said:
Ummmmm I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that the biju don't even have souls.
I just don't think it's something that is explicitely stated. Being a living mass of chakra isn't inherently proof of having no soul, though I can see why it would be implied to be that way.

Since chakra has both a physical energy and spiritual energy component, it's not hard to believe that they have souls like other living beings in Naruto.

I'm not denying any possibility that the Bijuu don't have souls, but a fairly specific statement is required. Minds and Souls are two different things, and just because someone has a will doesn't mean they have a soul. Tailed Beasts are described as being giant waves of chakra, but that kind of sounds like they could actually be souls rather than bodies without souls. It is true that the jutsu tends to rip souls out of bodies yet tailed beasts and reanimated Shinobi appear to be absorbed whole.

When Kabuto wanted Kurama he pulled out Naruto's soul not Kuramas. Assuming Kurama has a soul why didn't nagato just pull out Kuramas soul and absorb it with King of Hell.

I posted above the comparison between Minato using it on Kurama and Hiruzen using it on Orochimaru. Minato mentions that he sealed the chakra of kurama, while hiruzen mentions sealing a soul.

Yeah, It doesn't look like Bijuu really have a separate soul and body; they're either bodies without souls or souls without bodies by the looks of it. They do have both physical and spiritual properties, and they tend to alternate between being solid bodies and being spiritual souls. But it doesn't look like they have both.

Still unsure, but I'm leaning towards saying they don't have souls might be legit.

I think I'm neutral on it. The nature of souls in Naruto is pretty unclear; it seems tied to chakra since chakra can reincarnate into other bodies, and Obito warped himself out of the afterlife to give his chakra to Kakashi.

So being a mass of chakra wouldn't necessarily mean that the Tailed Beasts are soulless.

Chakra is stated to connect the two worlds so it makes sense for Obito actually.

When Kuramas got sealed by Madara assuming the soul naruot and Kurama we're connected would have Merton Naruto's soul would have gotten sealed as well. But his soul didn't nor did his chakra

I don't think they have souls because when kurama got his chakra extracted he literally became 2 beings, a Yin Kurama and a Yang kurama. They are both named kurama but they have different experiences memories and even a sight change in personality displaying thelat they have different wills. Yet they are from the same being. These leads me to believe that they are sentient bits of chakra with no souls.

Well chakra is partially spiritual, but that doesn't mean they themselves have souls...it's a very strange conundrum.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Just like the previous thread there is no solid proof of Regenerationn negation. Hell its not even negated just simply slowed down.
That's why it's "limited" negation. That's what I've be proposing this entire time.

There is no limited negation here, it's nothing at all in terms of a power like in the last thread. Just a powerful attack.
which is negated because they have regened faster from more damaging attacks.

Ever heard of inconsistency? think about this now.

Naruto somehow has the power to negate low-godly Regenerationn according to the profile with a Rasengan that has nothing really special about it. But none of his other Rasengan variants can do anything like it?

Ever heard of inconsistency? think about this now.
Naruto somehow has the power to negate low-godly Regenerationn according to the profile with a Rasengan that has nothing really special about it. But none of his other Rasengan variants can do anything like it?
You mean he has the power to slow down low-godly regen, also he literally never hit anyone else with a rasengan that had low godly regen(that was not sealed before they even regened) as we literally found in the last thread. Yet you are still saying it.

Can you actually bring up an example? Last time you said Madara, which turned out he actually hit Obito who had intangibility.

Not all regen is the same.

Edo Tensei Regenerationn doesn't work like someone biologically regrowing limbs / body parts.

So at best even if Naruto did have Limited Regenerationn Negation it would be very limited in terms of effectiveness.

Back