• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Ability Additions

dude... His point was that even if he stop it he stil had to fight the other 2. It is literally in the same sentence and Orochimaru states that he stopped it. Dont quote one then ignore the other.

@Rocker1189; either way it is retconned so that the reason the 4th Hokage can't be summoned is that his soul is sealed.

I'm not ignoring it; Hiruzen says he "somehow stopped it" meaning he himself isn't sure how he did it. The reason is because he didn't actually stop it.

As for Orochimaru, we could put that down to him either not knowing the true reason why it failed (so he blamed Hiruzen for it) or just a piece of retconned dialogue.

Damage3245 said:
@Rocker1189; either way it is retconned so that the reason the 4th Hokage can't be summoned is that his soul is sealed.
I'm not ignoring it; Hiruzen says he "somehow stopped it" meaning he himself isn't sure how he did it. The reason is because he didn't actually stop it.

As for Orochimaru, we could put that down to him either not knowing the true reason why it failed (so he blamed Hiruzen for it) or just a piece of retconned dialogue.
It does not matter if it is retconned that the 4th cant be summoned if the feat is still performed.

Dude if he did not know he could, he would not try, and somehow in terms of he was barely able to.

Chalk it down to a dude who is knowledgeable about jutsu and chakra beyond pretty much everyone but maybe BZ in the verse not knowing why it was stopped when prep is needed for said jutsu, meaning that he had performed everything neccessary for the jutsu and before it got retconned he had the soul of Minato.

> It does not matter if it is retconned that the 4th cant be summoned if the feat is still performed.

It does matter if it was retconned. It means that the reason it being stopped (if the 3rd stopped it in the first place) changed, so therefore the 3rd Hokage no longer has that feat.

> Dude if he did not know he could, he would not try, and somehow in terms of he was barely able to.

He tried out of desperation. Since the retcon happened it turned out he didn't do anything to stop it.

Damage3245 said:
It does matter if it was retconned. It means that the reason it being stopped (if the 3rd stopped it in the first place) changed, so therefore the 3rd Hokage no longer has that feat.

He tried out of desperation. Since the retcon happened it turned out he didn't do anything to stop it.
But..it did happen cause we see it else the past would have been retconned as well but it was not.

Which is wrong because..we see him do it. And you ignored my final point as to why it being a retcon does not affect the feat.

> But..it did happen cause we see it else the past would have been retconned as well but it was not.

> Which is wrong because..we see him do it. And you ignored my final point as to why it being a retcon does not affect the feat.

Isn't that the whole point of a retcon?

You can see something happening - but because of events later in the story retconning it, it turns out that what you saw didn't actually happen.

So we might very well see the 3rd Hokage stopping the summon (even though it is ambiguous) but it is revealed later in the story that the summon wasn't going to work anyway. The 3rd Hokage did nothing stop it.

Yeah what a retcon means is that what happened in the past did not happen but it does not take away from feats that they could have performed.

Except you know again Orochimaru states that he did something.

tbh this is all that I would say on it, if others agree or not then that is fine.

> Except you know again Orochimaru states that he did something.

Due to the fact that the 4th Hokage's soul was sealed, Orochimaru summoning him wasn't going to work.

That Orochimaru thinks Hiruzen stopped it means either/both of these things:

1) He did not know it was impossible to summon the 4th Hokage and thus attributed it stopping to Hiruzen.

2) In the Pre-Retcon storyline it was possible to summon the 4th Hokage and somehow the 3rd Hokage stopped it.

Since the feat no longer exists however, the ability should not be on the profile.

That's all I want to say on this too. We should be discussing other abilities now.

I don't think Tsunade is actually manipulating her age, she's just disguising her appearance. When she runs out of chakra she reverts back to her natural age / appearance automatically.

Actually that's false it's not disguising and it's never said to be. It's proven that her body literally gets younger the more chakra she has evidence from when she gets split in half and gets chakra from Karin and she gets younger literally her wrinkles left her.

Just basing it off Jiraiya's words where he says she's probably using a jutsu to mask her appearance. The reason why she appears younger as she recieves chakra from Karin is that she has chakra to maintain the jutsu again.

Damage3245 said:
Just basing it off Jiraiya's words where he says she's probably using a jutsu to mask her appearance. The reason why she appears younger as she recieves chakra from Karin is that she has chakra to maintain the jutsu again.

Have to agree

On another note:

Basically agree with everything except for:

• Tsunade age manipulation
  • Hiruzen Space-Time manip
I agree that Itachi should have Reactive evolution with the Yata mirror

It's a transformation justu she keeps active via her Hundred Seal. She's not genuinely manipulating her age. She reverts when she has no Chakra to maintain the facade.

Also those aren't Black Receivers Naruto is using, they're TSB. Black Receivers are exclusive to Rinnegan Users.

And simply because it's a Retcon doesn't mean ignore it. That's like saying Buu Saga Vegito should still have permanent Fusion Time because the Potara Retcon was done later.

Itachi's Yata mirror should be limited Power Mimicry or like said above RE, as it only copies the attributes of the attack to block it or "reflect it".

Tbf Pervy Sage would have noted that it was the transformation jutsu. It's not. This skill Tsuande uses comes from the BSeal. Saying she masked it is jsut figurative language because a transformation jutsu can easily be stopped if u get hit. That's not a transformation jutsu at all

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Not sure about Will Power manipulation; sounds more like Possession. Also not sure about Space-Time manipulation or Time stop. The rest looks okay from a glance.
then naruto get resistance to possession ?

Tsunade can get age manip or Shapeshifting

cuz she get old when she loses almost all of her chakra and she get younger when she has enough ckakra

Orochimaru was literally summoning the 4th before Hiruzen stopped him,denying that is silly.Or what was that in your opinion?Just a random empty coffin?

imited Illusion Creation(Used to keep her looking young)

This is from Tsunade's profile and I don't get it,doesn't she use her energy for that?

I'm confused would this mean that the will power description needs to be changed because it's stated Kurama will over writes Naruto's own will even when he try's to fight back.

You knwow what it makes sense for Kurama to have Will power manipulation lol. It's a subset of emphatic manipulation. Kurama already has that. Naruto has it using KCM. Kurama can also making Naruto go into a mindset of rage and anger also since we're talking about the abilities of emphatic manipulation.

> Orochimaru was literally summoning the 4th before Hiruzen stopped him,denying that is silly.Or what was that in your opinion?Just a random empty coffin?

It was retconned. The summoning would never have worked per the most recent information given in the manga from Kabuto.

So age manipulation and space-time manipulation are both rejected. Itachi's susanoo should have reactive evolution instead. What about the other abilities?

Personally I am still against the Regenerationn Negation for Naruto.

Kabuto's wording doesn't indicate to me that it is a unique ability of Naruto's, but just that it would take time to regenerate for any Edo Tensei body from a powerful attack. (Kabuto doesn't even say that it would take a long time either).

When Minato lost his arm to Obito, it took several moments before anyone pointed out that it was weird there was no dust swirling around to regenerate the damage.

I can see why some people would also interpret Kabuto's words the other way though, but since this is an isolated case with nothing else suggesting that Naruto has this ability, I don't think Kabuto's ambiguous statement is proof enough.

There is enough evidence suggesting it though. Me and some other debunked the claim that it being a powerful attack is the reason why he couldn't regenerate.

"Power of Naruto's" is an ambiguous statement. Could mean sheer power or some kind of ability. What kind of ability would allow Naruto to slow down Edo Tensei Regenerationn when nothing else has been suggested to do that in the series?

The fact that he acquired a new transformation. Or it could be the fact that he used a brand new rasengan variation.

The funny thing is that rereading Kabuto's words, nothing about what he says indicates that the speed of the Regenerationn is slower than usual.

"Although given that power of Naruto's... it's going to take time for him to regenerate, even with an Edo Tensei body."

All this states is that even with the Regenerationn from Edo Tensei, it will take time. I'm definitely against Regenerationn Negation now.

"Its going to take time for him to regenerate, even with an edo tensei body" suggest that naruto was able to slow down muus Regenerationn with his attack.

Even if Muu had to regenerate from a minor amount of damage, the Regenerationn would still take time because it isn't an instant recovery.

Recovering from major wounds like the gaping holes in his chest would also take time to regenerate.

Muu took five chapters to fully recover from his injuries that naruto gave him. While he only took a few pages when madara dropped the meteor on both of them.

I don't think that really means a lot. Some of those chapters overlap each other in time.

It does matter due to the fact that the time difference is evident. Gaara fought the mizukage and Naruto fought the Raikage. Those two fight took far more time than the recovery from the meteor feat.

Damage3245 said:
I don't think that really means a lot. Some of those chapters overlap each other in time.
except Sai's brother regenerated near instantly from being blown up we know it is instant because nothing happens between the time he is blown up and the time he comes back. While again it would take Muu time to regen from a hole in his chest.

Damage3245 said:
The funny thing is that rereading Kabuto's words, nothing about what he says indicates that the speed of the Regenerationn is slower than usual.
"Although given that power of Naruto's... it's going to take time for him to regenerate, even with an Edo Tensei body."

All this states is that even with the Regenerationn from Edo Tensei, it will take time. I'm definitely against Regenerationn Negation now.
Your way of thinking confuses me a lot tbh Damage. It is honestly baffling.

"Given that power of Naruto's" In other words due to Naruto.

"It's going to take time for him to regenerate" self explanatory he would take time to regen.

"even with an Edo Tensei body." this is the kicker, it is clear that Edo tensei bodies are menat to regen faster, the fact that he says that even with one it would take him time to regen kinda says that the Regenerationn has been slowed down. And this is where I truly find it hard to understand your reasoning. are you unable to deduce that the regen has slowed down from the combination of this sentence just because he did not explicitly state that Regenerationn has been slowed down?

@Rocker1189; I can understand how you would interpret it like that, but nothing about that to me specifically points to the Regenerationn being slowed down. The time taken is simply because the damage is huge, not because the regen is slower.

I've said all I've wanted to on the subject. If the staff members think the evidence is good enough for it then that's fine.

Damage3245 said:
@Rocker1189; I can understand how you would interpret it like that, but nothing about that to me specifically points to the Regenerationn being slowed down. The time taken is simply because the damage is huge, not because the regen is slower.
So then what about what I said about Sai's brother regening instantly from being blown to dust? Doesnt that sort of maybe even a little bit completely neg what you are stating here about such big damage?

> So then what about what I said about Sai's brother regening instantly from being blown to dust? Doesnt that sort of you maybe even a little bit completelly neg what you are stating here about such big damage?

Full body destruction might be a bit different than recovering body parts. Or it could just be a case of inconsistency.

I'm not sure, but it is interesting that the two main examples of super fast Regenerationn are when the bodies were completely destroyed.

Back