• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Armstrong's profile needs a new version, his "normal form", since he only become as strong as we all know after absorbing energy and the technology around him

Maybe put him as unknown in his "human form" would be the best chose

This can work too

By the way, it's very werid scaling Excelsus to the High 7-C calc, since the calc itself is from destroying the Excelsus

It's more scaling to the boxer calc, than its own destruction (Which is a low end anyway, some values get it to be like 3x higher so I wouldn't worry about it).

Why Unknown? Usually featless characters that aren't superhuman or whatever (yet) are defaulted to tier 10 without issue.

If that'd require superhuman durability I'd just default to 9-B, beyond that just tier 10 AP unless there's feats for it, as usual.

Why would it be 'with Metal Gear Excelsus'? he was able to absorb helicopters in sam's DLC and be comparable as he was in the main campaign

it should just be 'High 7-C with Absorption'

semi relevant thing: we should also have a key for sam dlc armstrong, since he absorbed random machinery instead of the entire metal gear excelsus, and Sam was weaker due to having no robot arm

I don't think if this is a proof of Sam being weaker, and I'm sure that Armstrong on the DLC is as strong as the one from the main game.

I don't think if this is a proof of Sam being weaker, and I'm sure that Armstrong on the DLC is as strong as the one from the main game.
I’m just saying that since we’re giving armstrong a different key based on absorption, then since he absorbed far less power than main game, he should have different scaling

We don't know how to define Armstrong's absorption. Furthermore, it is difficult to determine which of the two cases he absorbed more "Power", since the Excelsus was completely destroyed and was probably very low on energy at the time.

The fact that it only absorbed military tanks and helicopters on the DLC is probably due to the fact that the developers could not put an Excelsus or something similar on top of a building.

10-B/Unknown normally, High 7-C with Metal Gear Excelsus, far higher with absorption

Thats the proposal

I’m just saying that since we’re giving armstrong a different key based on absorption, then since he absorbed far less power than main game, he should have different scaling
Ziller. That's w r o n g.
Do not make me explain this shit to you, how much power he drains doesn't effect the output of the nano's, never was the case, and still isn't.

Also, along with most MGS things, I'd just say wait, if we want a human Armstrong key though I can make sure to add that though when the time comes, wouldn't be hard, look through his unamped feats and lore and go from there, off the top of my head he's pretty easily 10-A or 9-C.

Human armstrong is still a buff ass dude, and he served in the navy and played college ball (could’ve gone pro) so he’s def somewhere between baseline 10-A and 9-C

Since this is the only mgr thread that exists right now to my knowledge I don’t have any choice but to say this here but
shouldn’t metal gear RAY be high 7-C scaling from Sam who fights armstrong

Contradictory scaling.
It'd end up having Raiden's body that's stated to be far inferior and weaker, scaling to his body that's stated to be incomparably more advanced and stronger.
Also Sam stomped the thing

ok so I know I've already made 2 L suggestions on this thread already but here goes again....
are we gonna take the statement of "I could break the president in two, with my bare hands" seriously for human armstrong or.....

Well, no. Theres no reason to apply such to his normal form. He even say this while on his bodybuilder form

Back