• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanami, Hanami and Utahime Profile Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nanami , Hanami and Utahime Profiles are outdated in wiki so updating them with more explanation and references with scans.
  • Current Nanami Profile in wiki
  • Updated Sandbox for Nanami Profile
Every abilities in the profile. Added scans and references and more explanation
Characters AP was downgraded few months ago from 7C to 8A with new Calculations which was not updated to all profiles so updated that and rewrote speed explanation from Maki to Yuji.
Attack Potency: At least Multi-City Block level (Comparable, if not superior, to Yuji who could harm Hanami during the Kyoto Goodwill Event. Limits himself to 80-90% of his cursed energy output while on the clock[4]), higher in Overtime (His Overtime Binding Vow increases his output to 110-120%[4]), far higher with Black Flash

Speed: At least Subsonic+ (Comparable, if not superior, to Yuji)

Lifting Strength: Unknown

Striking Strength:
At least Multi-City Block level (Comparable to Yuji), higher in Overtime, far higher with Black Flash

Durability: At least Multi-City Block level (Should be comparable to his AP), higher in Overtime (His cursed energy output is amplified to 110-120%. Tanked Shigemo's attacks[6])

Stamina: Superhuman (Capable of fighting at the verge of death and after his body was
  • Current Hanami Profile in wiki
  • Updated Sandbox for Hanami Profile
New abilities
Others like I said above 7C got downgraded to 8A so made some changes and rewrote speed explanation from Maki to Yuji & Todo.
Attack Potency: At least Multi-City Block level (Can casually perform this feat), likely far higher (Later started to fight seriously against Todo & Yuji)

Speed: Subsonic+ (Comparable to Yuji & Todo)

Striking Strength:
At least Multi-City Block level (Should be comparable to his Attack Potency), likely far higher

Durability:
At least Multi-City Block level (Should scale to his AP), likely far higher (Able to takes a massive number of attacks from Itadori Yuji and Todo. Survives four simultaneous Black Flash.)
Others
Attack Potency: At least Small Building level (Should be stronger than Semi Grade 1 cursed spirit which can perform this feat), likely far higher (It's stated Semi Grade 1 Sorcerers are considered to be above Semi Grade 1 Curses and they should be closer to Grade 1 Curses level). Higher with Solo Forbidden Area (Increases her Technique output and cursed energy reserves upto 120%)

Speed: Subsonic+ (Comparable to Nobara)

Striking Strength:
At least Small Building level (Should scale to her AP), likely far higher . Far higher with Solo Forbidden Area (Increases her Technique output and cursed energy reserves upto 120%)

Durability: At least Small Building level (Should scale to her AP), likely far higher. Higher with Solo Forbidden Area (Increases her Technique output and cursed energy reserves upto 120%)

Agree: @LordGriffin1000 (Admin) (Agree with Everything Except Law Manipulation for Nanami), @DarkDragonMedeus (Admin) (Same as Griffin), @Emirp sumitpo (Thread Mod) (Agree with Everything Except Law Manipulation for Nanami), @Planck69 (Thread Mod) (Same as Griffin)

Neutral: @LordGriffin1000 (Admin) (Law Manipulation for Nanami), @DarkDragonMedeus (Admin) (Same as Griffin)

Disagree:

Last edited:
Good stuff. Dunno about law manipulation though.
Nanami technique forcefully creates a rule of 7:3 ratio. Both Living and non living things would be affected by it. Even stronger opponents are no exception. Defending against it wouldn't help like shown here
WX-0pdV1NUE.jpg
hB2_nXZWIJ8.jpg

I don't think Nanami's Ratio Technique is law manipulation, it just forcibly creates a weak spot at the 7:3 point on a line along a part of an object so it's just statistics reduction of durability. Mahito was basically a baby curse at that point so he wouldn't be comparable to any of the disaster curses and Dagon didn't suffer the same injury from it as Mahito.
Utahime's feat isn't really instinctive action, she noticed Shigemo behind her and moved, that's just a dodging feat.
Hanami's stamina section should note that he was hit by 5 of Yuji's Black Flashes and a strike from Playful Cloud by Todo yet still continued fighting

I don't think Nanami's Ratio Technique is law manipulation, it just forcibly creates a weak spot at the 7:3 point on a line along a part of an object so it's just statistics reduction of durability. Mahito was basically a baby curse at that point so he wouldn't be comparable to any of the disaster curses and Dagon didn't suffer the same injury from it as Mahito.
  • Statistics reduction doesn't work like Nanami Ratio Technique.
  • Dagon did shown to get affected though. Nanami later confirms about Dagon having Unlimited HP instead of Durability
  • Mahito is baby curse or not it's irrelevant. Even Fanbook states it works on stronger opponents. If anything just give resistance to dagon.
5BLkt5OY6Wo.jpg

LOxlcL8PK38.jpg

Utahime's feat isn't really instinctive action, she noticed Shigemo behind her and moved, that's just a dodging feat.
Gonna remove that then.
Hanami's stamina section should note that he was hit by 5 of Yuji's Black Flashes and a strike from Playful Cloud by Todo yet still continued fighting
Gonna add that wait.

Seems mostly good, though you should add some justification to Nanami scaling to Yuji
0094-002.png
As well as Utahime scaling to Nobara
Yk8Ouno.jpg
(Dodges an attack from Haruta)
0099-006.png
(Haruta was keeping up with Nobara)
Edit: I'm neutral on Law manip for Nanami

Last edited:
I'm a little unsure on Law Manipulation but can I ask where (the timestamp) is acrobatics shown for Nanami in the video? Also, we use anime scenes for this verse or is the scenes no different from the manga?

Other than what I'm mentioning above, the other stuff looks perfectly fine.

• Statistics reduction doesn't work like Nanami Ratio Technique.
  • Dagon did shown to get affected though. Nanami later confirms about Dagon having Unlimited HP instead of Durability
  • Mahito is baby curse or not it's irrelevant. Even Fanbook states it works on stronger opponents. If anything just give resistance to dagon.
Ratio Technique forcibly creates a weak spot on a target so that it results in a critical strike when the user hits it, that just sounds like it's reducing the durability of a certain area on a target. The justification for Law Manipulation sounds like it's taking the definition of rule a bit liberally, it's never described as a rule of 7:3, it's described as forcibly creating a weak spot at a ratio of 7:3 on a target. It's not really durability negation either, we've seen it deal 3 degrees of damage on opponents with varying durability so it is still a factor within the range of Nanami's tier.
  1. Cleanly slicing off the limbs of a transfigured human
  2. Almost cutting off Mahito's arm
  3. Dagon's arm stopping Nanami's blade in its tracks and causing him to struggle

I'm a little unsure on Law Manipulation but can I ask where (the timestamp) is acrobatics shown for Nanami in the video? Also, we use anime scenes for this verse or is the scenes no different from the manga?

We should only use manga. Anime is only adaption.

The movie is "canon" in the sense of, it is from storyline, but you can still use manga.

Movie and Anime are only adaptions.

I'm a little unsure on Law Manipulation
Any alternative suggestions for this? It is listed as Statistics reduction but that doesn't seems right from the explanation page.
but can I ask where (the timestamp) is acrobatics shown for Nanami in the video?
Exactly 2:48s
Manga skipped the part
connlJMTPoU.jpg

Here Nanami is already on downside didn't show how he got down but anime added that scene
cYpoZAMwr9o.jpg

For Acrobatics, I guess there is Nanami doing this and this
Yeah this works
Also, we use anime scenes for this verse or is the scenes no different from the manga?
Some Statements are mentioned in the manga but scenes are added in the movie and same applies for anime.
Nanami used 4 black flashes which was only mentioned in manga but Movie added the scenes.
sco-WSSBbKQ.jpg

Ok thanks 👍

Sorry for the double ping
My thoughts are the same as Griffon's.
  • The materialization of words or symbols - such as the burning of anything after writing of the word "fire". The most obvious example can be magical runes.
Actually text Manipulation. Type 1 suits for this I guess?
He is Manipulating line/symbols
I need some opinion on this.
Looks like Limited Text Manipulation.
If anything Nanami should get Statistics Reduction rather than Law Manipulation, since his technique is about making a weak point
Statistics reduction reduces status. It creating weak points. Characters status is not affected here. Only the point where the line is drawn gets affected.

Last edited:
Statistics reduction reduces status. It creating weak points. Characters status is not affected here. Only the point where the line is drawn gets affected.
I mean it's still reducing the staistics of a character, just reduced to a smaller point.

The profiles look fine. Though I prefer if you elaborate on some of the sections like Nanami's intelligence section

I mean it's still reducing the staistics of a character, just reduced to a smaller point.
More of I'm concerned about how it works based on conditions instead of just reducing the status. I don't have problems with removing Law Manipulation. I just don't see it being just statistics reduction that's all
This is from Fanbook Gege wrote
RATIO TECHNIQUE (十劃呪法 - tōkaku juhō)
Divides the target into a 7:3 ratio, forcibly creating a weak spot.

A technique that forcibly creates a weak spot. The length of the opponent is divided into 10 lines, and the ratio point of 7:3 turns into a weak spot. Any attack that hits this spot will be a critical hit.

— Panel caption: It can easily damage stronger opponents, and easily activates Black Flash.

— Panel caption: In order to attack a larger area, he aims and shoots at the weak spot of the target of destruction.

EXTENSION TECHNIQUE: COLLAPSE — An extension technique that applies cursed energy to an object destroyed by the Ratio Technique. If something like a wall is destroyed, the resulting rubble becomes a weapon, allowing a wide area to be attacked at once.

• The materialization of words or symbols - such as the burning of anything after writing of the word "fire". The most obvious example can be magical runes.
Btw I was wondering if it Qualifies for Limited Text Manipulation.
The profiles look fine. Though I prefer if you elaborate on some of the sections like Nanami's intelligence section
Thanks 👍. I will add some explanation later. Little busy right now.

Here to comment on profile formatting again.
Attack Potency: At least Multi-City Block level (Comparable, if not superior, to Yuji who could harm Hanami during the Kyoto Goodwill Event.
There's no reason to add the part about Hanami. Just put "Comparable, if not superior to Yuji". Because Nanami's page will link to Itadori who will have "Scales to Hanami" on his page. So there's literally zero reason to add that. This applies for ALL stats on all character's pages. There's no point of adding the people that scale to the person they scale to. Otherwise you may as well write "Comparable to Itadori who could harm Hanami, Mahito, Sukuna, blah blah blah blah blah". Profiles should be as short and concise as possible. All this adds is unnecessary clutter. I'd also recommend linking proof for why Nanami is comparable to Yuji, because current it's only stated without evidence. Which will confuse newcomers.
If there's a stated increase, you could just write Multi-City Block level again. Or add a note that explains what he'd scale to at 120% power. The increase from 80 to 120 is 40%. So multiply whatever Multi-City Block level feat Itadori scales to by 1.4x to get the value Nanami scales to in Overtime.
far higher with Black Flash
This is fine, but add a link to either the word Black Flash, or add a description that talks about how much of an increase Black Flash is (It's only mentioned once so it should be easy to gather scans for that methinks).
Dunno how many links link to an anime scene without a timestamp, but you shouldn't do this. Video links can eventually die, and it forces the reader to watch an entire clip just to take in information of the ability (Which for acrobatics is kinda... time wasting). It'd be best to find someone to make a gif or at least a short clip on imgur or on vs wiki that can be linked on the page. That way you don't gotta worry about archiving and you don't have to watch an entire video for an ability to be displayed.

All the criticism here should be applied to all the pages. Not just Nanami.

Here to comment on profile formatting again.

There's no reason to add the part about Hanami. Just put "Comparable, if not superior to Yuji". Because Nanami's page will link to Itadori who will have "Scales to Hanami" on his page. So there's literally zero reason to add that. This applies for ALL stats on all character's pages. There's no point of adding the people that scale to the person they scale to. Otherwise you may as well write "Comparable to Itadori who could harm Hanami, Mahito, Sukuna, blah blah blah blah blah". Profiles should be as short and concise as possible. All this adds is unnecessary clutter. I'd also recommend linking proof for why Nanami is comparable to Yuji, because current it's only stated without evidence. Which will confuse newcomers.
Yuji has different keys from Arc to Arc Shibuya one would likely scales higher in Value. So it's better to use Hanami as reference
If there's a stated increase, you could just write Multi-City Block level again. Or add a note that explains what he'd scale to at 120% power. The increase from 80 to 120 is 40%. So multiply whatever Multi-City Block level feat Itadori scales to by 1.4x to get the value Nanami scales to in Overtime.
Nanami changes his status depending on how he wants so It would keep varying on his time to time
This is fine, but add a link to either the word Black Flash, or add a description that talks about how much of an increase Black Flash is (It's only mentioned once so it should be easy to gather scans for that methinks).
It's mentioned in the note for Black flash explanation. I'm fine to add the Black flash link from Cursed Energy manipulation.
Dunno how many links link to an anime scene without a timestamp, but you shouldn't do this. Video links can eventually die, and it forces the reader to watch an entire clip just to take in information of the ability (Which for acrobatics is kinda... time wasting). It'd be best to find someone to make a gif or at least a short clip on imgur or on vs wiki that can be linked on the page. That way you don't gotta worry about archiving and you don't have to watch an entire video for an ability to be displayed.
Gonna replace it manga scans @SunDaGamer sent above
Also a minor nitpick; I'd personally add a scroll-box to abilities.
Can you add it. I don't know how to do that. I will follow that later onwards for future profiles

If there's a stated increase, you could just write Multi-City Block level again.
The increase is still going to be in the multi city block.
Hence "higher"
Higher
This should be used to denote a character's weapons, techniques, or attributes that are much stronger than their base level, but still within the same tier. For example, a character that is Solar System level but has an attack that multiplies their power by 100 times. In this instance it should be written as “Solar System level, higher with that ability or technique”.

I think this being only Power Absorption is sorta debatable. I think it could actually be other stuff too tbh:
12.jpg
13.jpg

I do think it should also be durability negation. It's stated to grow roots inside the person, and Fushiguro implied that he'd be ripped apart by the technique if he used his full power:
15.jpg

Statistics Amplification is also arguable because it's stated that using more Cursed Energy to defend against the attack only makes it more effective at penetrating:
9.jpg

So Cursed Buds should be; Power Absorption, Durability Negation, & Statistics Amplification
Because they grow within the target until they're ripped apart by absorbing Cursed Energy, and become stronger when someone reinforces their durability with Cursed Energy (Presumably to easily pierce through their defenses).
Yuji has different keys from Arc to Arc Shibuya one would likely scales higher in Value. So it's better to use Hanami as reference
Use notes to specify which Itadori he scales to arc-wise.
Nanami changes his status depending on how he wants so It would keep varying on his time to time
Yeah, but that's why I picked the lowest possible value and the highest possible value. His lowest value would at least scale to Itadori, and his highest value is the highest possible amp he can get. But I suppose "higher with" works given the above comment. You may be able to add a note that specifies the hypothetical value he'd scale to at 120%.
It's mentioned in the note for Black flash explanation. I'm fine to add the Black flash link from Cursed Energy manipulation.
I guess that's fine. Does mean people have to go to a diff page to get a stated increase, but I guess it isn't super tedious.
Gonna replace it manga scans @SunDaGamer sent above
Kk. That's better imo.
Can you add it. I don't know how to do that. I will follow that later onwards for future profiles
Added.

I think this being only Power Absorption is sorta debatable. I think it could actually be other stuff too tbh:
12.jpg
13.jpg

I do think it should also be durability negation. It's stated to grow roots inside the person, and Fushiguro implied that he'd be ripped apart by the technique if he used his full power:
15.jpg

Statistics Amplification is also arguable because it's stated that using more Cursed Energy to defend against the attack only makes it more effective at penetrating:
9.jpg

So Cursed Buds should be; Power Absorption, Durability Negation, & Statistics Amplification
Because they grow within the target until they're ripped apart by absorbing Cursed Energy, and become stronger when someone reinforces their durability with Cursed Energy (Presumably to easily pierce through their defenses).
That would be Energy Absorption, Power Absorption is about stealing abilities. The buds aren't really negating durability either, in order to grow roots within the target, they have to pierce them first:
7H4ujc7.png

There's also the issue of whether we'd scale Overtime Nanami or Limited Nanami to Shibuya Arc Yuji since Ino's statement says they have equal striking power but doesn't specify whether it's Overtime Nanami or not

That would be Energy Absorption, Power Absorption is about stealing abilities. The buds aren't really negating durability either, in order to grow roots within the target, they have to pierce them first:
I'm referring to specially once it's pierced the targets body. It doesn't ignore durability when piercing the skin. Just when growing in a hosts body. Attacking internally should be durability negation IIRC by VSBW standards, no?
There's also the issue of whether we'd scale Overtime Nanami or Limited Nanami to Shibuya Arc Yuji since Ino's statement says they have equal striking power but doesn't specify whether it's Overtime Nanami or not
Isn't Shibuya Yuji > School event Yuji who scales to Hanami? And in regards to Ino's statement, he states that he might be on Nanami's level. I think the use of might and "level" imply he's vaguely within Nanami's league more than being exactly equal to him. So I figure it'd be fine to scale him above the likes of Yuji during school event normally.

I'm referring to specially once it's pierced the targets body. It doesn't ignore durability when piercing the skin. Just when growing in a hosts body. Attacking internally should be durability negation IIRC by VSBW standards, no?
  • Attacking internal organs - Due to the manipulation of internal energy (or electricity), a character can directly target the internal organs, thereby ignoring the durability of the outer layers (such as leather, armor, etc.). Manipulation of threads is also included in this type, as even a single fibre, penetrated through a crack in the armor, can be fatal.
I guess it's fine but it should be explained in the profile
Isn't Shibuya Yuji > School event Yuji who scales to Hanami? And in regards to Ino's statement, he states that he might be on Nanami's level. I think the use of might and "level" imply he's vaguely within Nanami's league more than being exactly equal to him. So I figure it'd be fine to scale him above the likes of Yuji during school event normally.
I guess we could scale Overtime Nanami to Mahito's Body Repel (230.46 Tons) since Todo and Shibuya Arc Yuji were directly in its line of fire and didn't take much damage then Nanami's stats at 80% would downscale by x1.5 (153.64 Tons)

I guess it's fine but it should be explained in the profile

I guess we could scale Overtime Nanami to Mahito's Body Repel (230.46 Tons) since Todo and Shibuya Arc Yuji were directly in its line of fire and didn't take much damage then Nanami's stats at 80% would downscale by x1.5 (153.64 Tons)
I feel it'd just be better to scale 80% Nanami to whatever Itadori scales to during the school arc. I feel it's to assumptions to speculate that Ino was referring to Itadori being = Nanami with an amp he rarely ever has access to. I feel it would take less assumptions to assume Ino is stating Nanami at the power he usually has most of the time is what Itadori scales to.

If that's too contentious, I guess we could go with your proposition. But that's not what I think is most accurate.

What does Itadori even scale to in school arc? And is it a different value than what he scales to in Shibuya?

They are adaptions, not original canonicity.
So for most manga series, that means the original manga is canonical, while the anime is not (since the anime is simply an adaptation of the manga made by others). Databooks are considered secondary canon since scans tend to contradict them. It should be noted that this is often evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Canon
You can use visuals one in the profile to present how abilities are done, but evaluating the context of the abilities, manga takes the precedence over anime.

Regarding the movie, I am 100% certain, and this is taken from the Manga. I don't see why we should change our approach to how we handle things. Similar to Demon Slayer, they created a film that was canon to the Manga and adapted from it.

Last edited:
Not sure what relevance this has to the thread but isn't the anime/anime movie considered canon?
Both anime and movie has same thing except anime is more detailed. For example Toji defended against Gojos red with his sword in anime but manga we didn't get to see how Toji defended Against Red and panel was just skipped like Gojo fires Red and Toji was thrown away. We didn't get the details in manga about what happened. Like that few things are clearly shown in anime that's all.

But yeah Manga takes precedence. Anime is just secondary canons to back it up.

12.jpg
13.jpg

15.jpg

9.jpg

Use notes to specify which Itadori he scales to arc-wise.

Yeah, but that's why I picked the lowest possible value and the highest possible value. His lowest value would at least scale to Itadori, and his highest value is the highest possible amp he can get. But I suppose "higher with" works given the above comment. You may be able to add a note that specifies the hypothetical value he'd scale to at 120%.

I guess that's fine. Does mean people have to go to a diff page to get a stated increase, but I guess it isn't super tedious.

Kk. That's better imo.

Added.
I will add that in new CRT. This CRT already got accepted by 4 staffs for currently listed abilities. Don't want to drag this thread any longer. I will apply the changes in few hours when I'm free.

@SunDaGamer for now I'm gonna go with Statistics Reduction only for Nanami abilities. Though I do Disagree with that I will address this next time

What does Itadori even scale to in school arc? And is it a different value than what he scales to in Shibuya?
He scales to Hanami who has an 8-A feat that they performed casually, he hit multiple Black Flashes during the Kyoto Goodwill Event and another during the Death Painting Arc with Gojo and Jujutsu High acknowledging Yuji became far stronger

I agree with the rest

but like everyone I disagree with Law manipulation
it is rather a very specific technique to be coined as law manipulation.

creating weakness or weak point is still statistic reduction albeit in a more concentrated area. Statistic reduction doesn't mean you reduce the entirety of stats
it could be specific thing in the stats so it more likely falls into that

I will add that in new CRT. This CRT already got accepted by 4 staffs for currently listed abilities. Don't want to drag this thread any longer. I will apply the changes in few hours when I'm free.

@SunDaGamer for now I'm gonna go with Statistics Reduction only for Nanami abilities. Though I do Disagree with that I will address this next time
I feel that's a lot more work then it's worth. If it were a controversial addition, I'd agree. But I feel it'd prolly be easy to notify the staff that voted of those additions. But I'll leave that up to you. It is your CRT after all.

Changes has been applied. I will request this thread to be closed.
I feel that's a lot more work then it's worth. If it were a controversial addition, I'd agree. But I feel it'd prolly be easy to notify the staff that voted of those additions. But I'll leave that up to you. It is your CRT after all.
Actually I'm working on Hakari profile. It doens't have much addition. So I will add these to that thread. It wouldn't be hard to evaluate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back