• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ruby speedblitz in with her semblence. Her gravity dust can take down Nami's illusions, lightning and weather abilities. This leaves Nami with only her Heat creation, but it would be useless, and before Nami knows it, it would be too late as Ruby would catch up to her and slice her into half with her scythe.

So, I'm voting for Ruby.

Gravity Dust: Increases the recoil effect when firing the Crescent Rose, propelling Ruby to faster acceleration speeds. This also produces a black muzzle flash with each shot.

Not really familiar with RWBY, so can you plz explain how this renders Nami's abilities null and void? Thanks.

Okay. Gravity Dust has been shown to create a tornado that can suck anything in its path. Be it elemental attacks or enemies. Ruby used it in the first chapter of vol 4 on a flying Grimm that can shot lightning.

Um, what? I don't remember anything like that. Blake and Sun were the ones that fought the sea dragon, and that was in the third episode.

The Geist? It couldn't fly while it was possessing the rocks. And it didn't shoot lightning, Ruby shot lightning dust at it and I got neutralized on the Guest's arm because it's made of rock.

Okay. But I still vote for Ruby via more experience in battlefield. I mean, does Nami kill giant beasts? I don't think so.

Ruby would take this imo. Nami cannot fight in close quarters, at least not like Ruby can. She can do ranged stuff but her's require some prep time, I don't think Ruby will sit around waiting for it.

Hmm, I didn't know Nami's abilities still require some time. I thought she would have gotten rid of that after the timeskip.

So, I should give her prep time but without knowledge?

Speed is equalized but does that exclude skills that effect speed? Ruby's semblence is speed, her base speed would be equalized but she could temporarly boost her speed using her semblence and bypass the equalization right? Or would she be disallowed to use her speciality?

Regardless she can use the recoil of Cresent Rose to boost her speed, mobility and agility expertly even without her semblence allowing her to close gaps and dodge very quick

I say nami via more versatile moveset and illusions.

As much as I love ruby, she is not as smart as nami, who relies on trickery.

Nami with mid high diff.

KinkiestSins said:
I say nami via more versatile moveset and illusions.

As much as I love ruby, she is not as smart as nami, who relies on trickery.

Nami with mid high diff.
Ironically, that's how she managed to win in one of my fights...anyways, I think Nami would probably win assuming she can counter Ruby's speed.

Personally I wouldnt count this thread because nami currently is basically an unknown with the stats of her pre-skip self. The moment she has another feat, she is going to get upgraded to who knows which tier.

PaChi2 said:
Personally I wouldnt count this thread because nami currently is basically an unknown with the stats of her pre-skip self. The moment she has another feat, she is going to get upgraded to who knows which tier.
she didnt train pgisicly, so ruby would be ale to kill her anyways

Back