• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

N64 Power Stars are not Galaxy Power Stars (and Galaxy Power Star/luma re-evaluation)

A friend on Reddit, who's part of a group dedicated on researching and analysing Mario, showed me his own version of the Mario timeline (which has Mario n64 before SMG1 and SMG2). I won't show it in this thread as to not go off topic and not I'm trying prove that it's the definitive timeline.

But through talks with him and looking at the timeline, what can be definitely said is that between games, the location of Peach's Castle (and Toad Town) moves due to attacks from Bowser and that the Power Stars aren't exactly a factor for events in the games

Now even though you said hundreds of things could have happened between n64 and SMG2, we can only use Occum's Razor to verify what has definitely happened which as I said is Peach's Castle moving, and if we go by my friend's version of the Mario timeline, a couple of different games have happened between n64 and the Galaxy games.

As for anything else, there's just things we don't know. Like:

Are the Stars still in the Castle by the time of SMG?

Do the Stars move with the Castle?

If so did Bowser use them in SMG?

And if so did Bowser take the Power Stars in SMG2 or only Peach?

And if so why would he attempt to take more from the Comet Observatory?

If Power Stars are the same between n64 and SMG 1 and 2 does that mean the Shine in Super Mario Sunshine are the same? You do need to get some of them via defeating bosses, so does this mean the bosses were powered up by the Shines?

own version
You see that is where the holes in the logic appeared.

You see Mario games have so much PIS we rely on fate hax mentioned in one game developed by a third party to explain most of it they've always prioritized game play the reason.
If Power Stars are the same between n64 and SMG 1 and 2 does that mean the Shine in Super Mario Sunshine are the same?
No the lore behind both is different there is almost nothing supporting that idea.

Thanks @Maruishimaryishi for helping out

------- First Gallery -------
1st Picture: ...This star

2nd Picture: It smells very nostalgic.

3rd Picture: I was looking forward to visit Lumas once a century.

4th Picture: The Luma inside you will grow and become a "Star" eventually.

5th Picture: Some Lumas become planets... Some become suns.

6th Picture: And some become Power Stars

7th Picture: I'm taking a journey, to seek their place where they were born and involved.

8th Picture: Unfortunately, I didn't expect this to happen.

------- Second Gallery -------
1st Picture: My name is Rosetta... The Observer of the Stars .

2nd Picture: The power to traverse the stars is necessary to take back our loved ones.

3rd Picture: I shall lend you this Luma.

It's been almost a month, but I wish to ask this; if Power Stars in Galaxy are the same as Power Stars in 64, then why does Rosalina power Mario up through the Little Luma?

Back