• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Second Attempt at a God Hand vs RWBY Matchup (Gene vs Ruby Rose)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"With a x2 AP advantage?"

Piercing ammo + AP much higher than Ruby's normal attacks + small object, its entirely possible if he attempts that without having his amp active

"True but he can still like, dodge. Amp is only sizeable, nothing more, should be noted even in base Gene does upscale from his feat a little."

He can dodge her melee attacks sure (though her attacks are pretty damn fast in cqc) but her elemental ammo has AoE, hed have to dodge several meters away to not get caught even if he does dodge the bullets themselves

Piercing ammo + AP much higher than Ruby's normal attacks + small object, its entirely possible if he attempts that without having his amp active
Regardless, fringe case.
He can dodge her melee attacks sure (though her attacks are pretty damn fast in cqc) but her elemental ammo has AoE, hed have to dodge several meters away to not get caught even if he does dodge the bullets themselves
Being away from the center of the explosion would minimize the damage and he can heal the rest off, but again generally he will be fighting at close range, possibly too close for her huge ass weapon to work effectively.

Considering most characters in RWBY use physicality or swords to fight I don't think that'll be a problem unless Ruby gets disarmed.

I mean, it's basic logic, her weapon's blade is at the end of a long handle so if he closes in enough using it will be more difficult and limited.

"Being away from the center of the explosion would minimize the damage and he can heal the rest off"

The explosion isnt the issue, its the elemental effects her bullets have that would cause major problems, if he's even slightly caught in the blast radius he gets set on fire, electrocuted and paralyzed, or partially or completely frozen

"but again generally he will be fighting at close range, possibly too close for her huge ass weapon to work effectively."

Eeeeh Ruby has quite a bit of experience fighting people who utilize hand to hand cqc combat, especially in this key, plus she has no issue with using her rifle in cqc either, and if need be she can easily put distance between them with her semblance or rifle shots

The shots come out of the end of the rifle, so if he's closer to her than it, she'd have to move away to do it, and he has plenty of ways to counter that. Obviously she'll have counterplay of her own but the advantage is on Gene.

"The shots come out of the end of the rifle, so if he's closer to her than it, she'd have to move away to do it, and he has plenty of ways to counter that. Obviously she'll have counterplay of her own but the advantage is on Gene."

Not necessarily, a big part of Ruby's fighting style is using the recoil of her rifle to accelerate the blade of her scythe in cqc. If he gets in close she can keep hip pretty much constantly off balance by doing that, or she can just fly away with her semblance to put space between them if need be.

Am gonna say Gene can grovel if it gets too hard, hasn't there been times where Ruby sandbagged due to feeling conflicted? Gene could put that on her iirc the bosses in that game all want Gene dead yet he can grovel to them iirc

It's not hax, it's effective but beyond a certain limit it won't work.

Anyway Gene's mobile enough to dodge and attack simultaneously so I still think he's got more options than Ruby here, in the end she can dodge, semblance or shoot while he has a variety of attacks (over a hundred of them) + a speed advantage so he can do damage. BTW, is her durability without Aura still 8-B?.

"Am gonna say Gene can grovel if it gets too hard, hasn't there been times where Ruby sandbagged due to feeling conflicted? Gene could put that on her iirc the bosses in that game all want Gene dead yet he can grovel to them iirc"

That would work yeah but it all depends on whether he would think to use it or even be willing to use it before Ruby puts him through the meat grinder that is her CQC

"It's not hax, it's effective but beyond a certain limit it won't work."

Im not sure what you mean, Gene doesnt have resistances to any of her elemental bullet effects and they work on people as strong as and stronger than her so theres no reason to assume they wouldnt work. How would that even work anyways? Genuine question, because ive never heard an argument of 'beyond a certain limit it won't work' for setting an object on fire, encasing it in ice, or paralyzing it.

"Anyway Gene's mobile enough to dodge and attack simultaneously so I still think he's got more options than Ruby here, in the end she can dodge, semblance or shoot while he has a variety of attacks (over a hundred of them) + a speed advantage so he can do damage. BTW, is her durability without Aura still 8-B?."

Quite literally every character in RWBY can dodge and attack simultaneously and are insanely mobile and Ruby can hit them just fine so thats not likely to help him. Speed is equalized and Ruby has a speed amp that far surpasses Gene's going by his profile which also doubles as an AP amp and which she also spams in-character. And yes, her dura without aura is still 8-B.

That would work yeah but it all depends on whether he would think to use it or even be willing to use it before Ruby puts him through the meat grinder that is her CQC
Implying Gene isn't way more effective in combat especially after a speed amp. Not even a skill thing, he just has so many techniques and some of them are basically cheating, and once he hits you he keeps you stunlocked for entire comboes.
"It's not hax, it's effective but beyond a certain limit it won't work."
I meant the social influencing. Now mind you heat is still tied to durability so the fire one would at least be way less effective.
Quite literally every character in RWBY can dodge and attack simultaneously and are insanely mobile and Ruby can hit them just fine so thats not likely to help him. Speed is equalized and Ruby has a speed amp that far surpasses Gene's going by his profile
Yeah, one that needs her to move in a straight line? That is way the **** worse than a combat speed (and reactions) amp. Mind you I struggle to see how what she did was "blitzing" in any way shape or form.

"Yeah, one that needs her to move in a straight line? That is way the **** worse than a combat speed (and reactions) amp. Mind you I struggle to see how what she did was "blitzing" in any way shape or form."

Huh? Ruby can freely move in any direction she wants with her semblance and can even split herself into multiple clusters of petals to throw off her opponents, she isnt restricted to moving in a straight line. And its blitzing because people who outright blitz ruby normally were unable to react to her semblance and she is described and depicted as either a blur or outright invisible to others when using her semblance to the point that she was able to actively use it as a form of stealth while sneaking through an Atlas military base.

EPAKAl9X0AYeTNg.jpg
08e7fc793ca3d202518459d17c332ed9317245d4.gifv

"Only in a straight line"
Sure

Last edited:
Yeah, i think i'm settled it and voting Gene FRA
What why are you fraing Gene when the reasoning for him winning has been countered while the arguments for ruby winning haven't?
Literally no one said anything to my proof she doesn't move in a straight line when useing her semblance that turns her intangible and super fast?

"Gene arguments are mote convincing so i'm going with it, and if you want me to retract it then sadly i refuse"

Stillwinston's initial argument was based solely on gene bfrng ruby via punching her, which was immediately debunked when Ruby's ability to fly was brought up, and then switched to singular techniques out of dozens in his arsenal which were never explained as to how willing or in character it was for him to use them or if he would even be able to do so before Ruby killed Gene with her combination of spammed blitz-level speed amp, bladed weaponry, and comparable if not superior skill

Never explained as to how willing or in character it was

I mean even if the guy has no character move outside of cutscenes if he's willing to fight he'll do whatever it takes and just not let Ruby step on him >>. The guy can bust out his moves from a wheel whenever he wants considering how hard the game apparently is grovelling is on the table. But guess we can assume he just doesn't do anything period then by this logic. I will say iffy on skill though, Gene's beaten demons with hundreds of years of combat experience and did challenges where he couldn't take any damage period and learns techniques from just reading a scroll. (Wish that Dim Mak book actually worked sometimes >>)

"I fail to see the blitz in the scan linked"

At 3:22, Ruby blitzes team JNPR including Pyrrah, who casually blitzes Ruby and people comparable to her And this was before she even mastered her semblance, shes significantly faster currently

... they clearly see it coming, though. They even raise their hands in reaction or try to run away, they're just blown away by the wind.

"I mean even if the guy has no character move outside of cutscenes if he's willing to fight he'll do whatever it takes and just not let Ruby step on him >>. The guy can bust out his moves from a wheel whenever he wants considering how hard the game apparently is grovelling is on the table. But guess we can assume he just doesn't do anything period then by this logic."

That's sorta the problem with characters like this, he has a massive pool of techniques to pull from but has no in-character leading move, so saying that he would 100% lead or even use a single specific technique just because on paper it would work doesnt really apply here.

"I will say iffy on skill though, Gene's beaten demons with hundreds of years of combat experience and did challenges where he couldn't take any damage period and learns techniques from just reading a scroll."

Oh boy, I'll grab the rwby skill chain again...

How about Ruby already passing their turtle dragon eyes before they even started properly reacting? Or, even then, being able to outspeed Pyrrha who blitzes Team RWBY anyway.
They need to react to the wind she's making, not her, so comparing their time of reaction does not work. And cool, movement speed feat.

They need to react to the wind she's making, not her, so comparing their time of reaction does not work. And cool, movement speed feat.
Ah now your argument comes to light, in all of its lack of real good logic. Mind telling me what's stopping Ruby from putting her Scythe out and just decapitating Gene because she blitzes him with her physical speed? Or are you just going to rely on the wind and keep dodging the real feat?

Cool, Combat speed and Movement speed have a very nasty tendency to be = in RWBY.

Ah now your argument comes to light, in all of its lack of real good logic. Mind telling me what's stopping Ruby from putting her Scythe out and just decapitating Gene because she blitzes him with her physical speed? Or are you just going to rely on the wind and keep dodging the real feat?
I'm saying the characters wanted to react to the wind means that they weren't trying to react to her, not that they couldn't, smartass.
Cool, Combat speed and Movement speed have a very nasty tendency to be = in RWBY.
Source: Dude trust me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back