• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Little Pony: Upgrades are Magic - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the last thread we upgraded Celestia tier characters, I also mentioned "other characters" who I planned on discussing on another thread and now that thread is here.

The purpose of this thread? To scale anyone who scales to Starswirl to possibly at most Low 2-C, with the at most being there to denote inferiority to the Celestia tier characters.

Now, this obviously has some speed bumps, such as Starswirl being unable to harm Tirek with Grogar's magic or Twilight being unable to move the Sun and these are fair, but through a combination of scaling feats and other information, I have reached the conclusion that this may be PIS.

First off: Tirek tanking his blows. I believe this is PIS because power levels were jumping all over the place in the finale, with characters having their power inflated or deflated for specific scenes to make them more dramatic. For instance you have Twilight somehow holding back a combined beam from all three villains at once. Rarity shielding Spike from Chrysalis and together briefly overpowering her beam. You also have Rarity smacking all three villains so hard that they stagger and knocks Twilight out of their hands. So to be clear: Starswirl can't do a thing to any of the villains, yet an untrained seamstress is able to stagger all three of them at once, and with the help of a baby drago can overpower one of them. You can't tell me that isn't suspicious. I have thus, come to the conclusion that Starswirl's poor performance against Tirek was nothing more than another example of PIS and not accurate to his real power.

Now, as far as raising the Sun is concerned, this mostly comes from a tweet where Big Jim says the sisters empowered Twilight so she could raise the Sun and Moon during coronation. What's worse is that not only is she implied to be unable to raise the Sun but also the Moo; as they are both used in tandem with each other and not separated, despite being blatantly portrayed as powerful as Celestia in the finale. Even being as strong as Starswirl would automatically imply she can at least move the Moon by herself, but no, it's "both" of them apparently. Even the need for the amulet implies this is the case for the same reasons I posted above. By this point I just can't take the inability to move the Sun and Moon seriously anymore. I can't see it as anything other than PIS in lieu of everything.

Actual feats also play a role here. In the chapter books Cadance is able to temporarily recharge the Crystal Heart when the thing is running low on energy to the point of being described as dying. You also have multiple instances of Starswirl clashing with the Pony of Shadows. Now, this obviously wouldn't scale him to the full might of the Pony of Shadows, but it is not by a long shot, anything someone infinitely weaker is capable of doing. It functions as useful auxiliary evidence. He is also portrayed as superior to Twilight Sparkle during the Season 9 premier. Doing a far better job at blasting back the Everfree Forest where she was nearly overpowered and also having held back the forest 1,000 years ago while she and her team completely failed at it. This is the same Twilight who could withstand blasts from Sombra with decent difficulty.

My suggestions are currently this:

Solar System level (Superior to her unicorn self by a very significant amount. Was stated to be almost as powerful as Starswirl), possibly at most Universe level+ (Neutralized King Sombra's attacks with high difficulty)

The above may or may not change depending on suggestions, but most of the scaling will be done through Twilight, with other examples of individual feats (Recharging the Crystal Heart or clashing with the Pony of Shadows) being used as auxiliary evidence.

I think this seems okay.

Also, I was talking with Lightbuster, and we decided that Discord shouldn't have had his Tier 4 key removed so we're going to add it back if that's fine.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Hmm... Okay. This is very similar to an idea I had, so I have no problem with this revision.
What was your idea specifically out of curiocity? Your idea obviously has a couple differences.

4-B, potentially Low 2-C. The later is primarily due to consistent scaling and being consistently portrayed not far from their level and able to hold their own even when being obviously weaker. The potentially in comparison to possibly from the Princesses makes it clear them scaling io the high-end isn't due to being comparable, but rather roughly in the same level.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
4-B, potentially Low 2-C. The later is primarily due to consistent scaling and being consistently portrayed not far from their level and able to hold their own even when being obviously weaker. The potentially in comparison to possibly from the Princesses makes it clear them scaling io the high-end isn't due to being comparable, but rather roughly in the same level.
Yeah, but we don't have a potentially rating. All we have is likely, possibly, at most, at least and higher.

CinnabarManx421 said:
I think this seems okay.

Also, I was talking with Lightbuster, and we decided that Discord shouldn't have had his Tier 4 key removed so we're going to add it back if that's fine.
Bumping this for permission to do so.

Well, I would prefer more staff input. Are there any others that you can ask? Promestein perhaps?

I still don't know much about MLP

Darkanine said:
I'm lost, whose scaling to who?
I'm trying to backwards scale Starswirl and Twilight (pre-series finale) tier characters to Celestia tier characters. Not all the way, they'd still be a weaker by an unknown quantity, just not as weak as before.

Yeah, I always thought Starswirlwas just below the princesses. Ifhewas so much weaker, then their would've been no point in him assisting them when Sombra was taking over Equestria.

I think a "likely" can work in his andby extension, twilighy

edit: possibly instead.

Okay. I suppose that Darkanine's suggestion is probably fine.

Hey! Sorry if I have been falling behind on My Little Phony revision, but can someone please tell me why are My Little Phony characters are suddenly universe+ level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back