• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Revisions

If Prime all might is the absolute god tier of the verse then there's not really much of an argument for it being considered an Outlier, unless it contradicts the scaling of the verse.

Island level BNHA at this point in the series is pretty insane.

Of course Izuku & Lida could do that cause they r the H2H combat fighters. Your telling me that Uraraka has the AP to be able to BREAK DOWN A BUILDING lol yeah no her quirk can be able to do that but in her base no unless yur telling me she's comparable to 5% Deku & above. The only thing I could say is that yup they should have the durability but the AP is suspicious at the highest peak unless I see low tiers being able to destroy building & such

So stop w/ this AoE Fallacy u keep mentioning, I can understand why u meant that from my post b4 but now u keep trying 2 repeat the process. I should had finished my sentence but I should had said that I love this show just as much as all of u even I know some of these characters shouldn't be at a certain tier unless if it has something to do w/ their quirks

Uraraka has scaling to put her at that level and DC=/= AOE and using that is very much a fallacy yes

Like a character doesn't have to destroy something if they have feats at that level

Like I said b4....low 8-C for people using quirks then I COMPLETELY understand but in their base then that's something that I have to disagree on

@BlackeJan

Again, AP =/= AoE, which you don't seem to understand. Characters who have a certain level of AP don't always bust stuff that their AP would otherwise show.

If we needed a direct destruction feat for every character rating then power-scaling would be virtually impossible. We'd end up with things like Tier 9 Cell beating Goku or Tier 8 Kingdom Hearts when Keyblade Wielders are explicitly stated to be able to bring salvation or ruin to entire worlds and have wielded powers that can move hundreds of worlds at the bare minimum.

Mega Ma doesn't regularly bust planets. Heck, MegaMan.EXE doesn't regularly bust universes. Their powers are where they are because of their feats and regular scaling.

It makes little sense for a character who can survive a point blank explosion and keep going or even get caught in explosion as a gag without even activating his Quirk to be harmed by a 9-B character.

The OP mentions that Mei is even weaker than Aoyama.

Is there anything to back this up?

Why do u keep bringing up the AP/AoE when i am talking about the Mei explosion scene? Idt u seem to understand that this scene was not suppose to be taken seriously/made to set up something funny so of course she gonna tank an explosion....ITS A COMEDY SCENE

It doesn't make the feat any less valid especially since it isn't a gag feat despite the humorous tone

@Damage

She's part of the Support Course and doesn't go through the same rigorous physical training as the Hero Course students.

There's no reason why she'd be physically stronger than Aoyama, who actually held on against Thirteen's Black Hole powers.

@BlackeJan

Uraraka vs Bakugou wasn't a comedy scene and Bakugou explicit states tat he was taking her seriously.

Js250476 said:
It doesn't make the feat any less valid especially since it isn't a gag feat despite the humorous tone
It doesn't have to be a gag feat! The point of the scene was for comedy! so OF COURSE she is going to eat that blast w/ a smile on her face, then continue on her day.

Reppuzan said:
@BlackeJan

Uraraka vs Bakugou wasn't a comedy scene and Bakugou explicit states tat he was taking her seriously.
U just proved my point....b/c that scene was made to be SERIOUS

Js250476 said:
Huge false equivalency man
Lol that's not a false equivalence cause I'm proving a point here. Both scene was made to be comedey what just b/c one has an explosion while the other is Bulma slapping Goku? Bulma ain't 3-A cause I'm a SERIOUS FIGHTING SCENE Bulma would lose & they same thing is applied for Mei, if it was a serious scene then she would be injured

Whis telling Beerus that it would take around 20-30 minutes to reach Earth was meant as a comedy scene. I guess that also isnt a legit speed feat.

Andytrenom said:
Whis telling Beerus that it would take around 20-30 minutes to reach Earth was meant as a comedy scene. I guess that also isnt a legit speed feat.
How was that a comedy scene? he was just telling Beerus the truth. Plz don't try to make things up to prove your point cause now that's what it's looking like.

Sigh...okay I will take this seriously now. BlackJan apart from the scene being meant as comedy do you have any other arguments against the feat?

We also don't see Mei taking the brunt of the explosion. We don't know if she was really in the middle of it or only caught a bit of it.

A feat being meant for comedy is not good justification in itself to disregard it. Mei being able to tank a 9-A explosion is consistent with the series and we have no actual reasons to ignore it.

BlackeJan said:
Js250476 said:
Huge false equivalency man
Lol that's not a false equivalence cause I'm proving a point here. Both scene was made to be comedey what just b/c one has an explosion while the other is Bulma slapping Goku? Bulma ain't 3-A cause I'm a SERIOUS FIGHTING SCENE Bulma would lose & they same thing is applied for Mei, if it was a serious scene then she would be injured
This is a terrible comparison. You're comparing a massive PIS outlier to a durability feat with mild comedy.

This is a terrible comparison. You're comparing a massive PIS outlier to a durability feat with mild comedy.

It is a good comparison cause it's both meant for A COMEDY SCENE

BlackeJan Bring me one example of a feat meant for comedy being rejected which isn't also an outlier or inconsistency.

Blacke please, just stop. This is honestly getting tiresome. You are using AOE Fallacy, and Disbelief as your arguments. And you;'ve also done this on the AGK revison thread too. Those are the same fallacies/arguments that all the crappy low-tier debaters on Spacebattles.com uses. Do you not realize that those are insanely weak arguments to use?

The Beerus scene was an outlier. Serious or not.

Comedy or not, Mei taking the blast was a legit feat, it doesn't matter if it is comedy.

Let me tell you the difference between a comedy feat and a gag feat.

Spongebob sucking up the entire Ocean. that is a "comedy feat" But it was not accepted because it is a massive outlier.

^Comedy feat, legit, but an outlier^

Popeye the Sailor Man destroys the film reels he is in. That could be interpreted as Low 2-C, yet it is clearly a gag feat. Because it's in a show that is a consistent gag.

@Versusjunkie I know you sometimes have to be harsh in these threads but that kinda felt a little too aggressive.

Andytrenom said:
@Versusjunkie I know you sometimes have to be harsh in these threads but that kinda felt a little too aggressive.
I do have a tendency to be harsh. But my intention was not to insult or be agressive or anything.

No it seems u can't handle the truth! I even debunked u on the AGK revision as well. STOP BRINGING UP THINGS THAT R OUTLIERS!! my goodness it is not that hard! Mei tanking that blast was LITERALLY A COMEDY SCENE! It's not meant to be TAKEN SERIOUSLY like this is tiresome of me debunking u in almost everything that u bring up. We don't even know how Mei durability is in a serious scene so why use something meant for comedy (again not to be taken seriously at all) for something that of course she is going to tank? (it was literally set up for her to land on Deku)

Yur comparing a cartoon to anime. Spongebob is a cartoon for kids so pump course he is going to do something like that ITS A COMEDY SHOW. Boku no Hero has a few comedy but 97% of it is SERIOUS

And don't tell me I bring weak arguments when u said in the AGK revision that Leone "pulled out a shield" to defend yur argument that was EXTREMELY weak

@Blacke

First, write coherently. You aren't texting.

Second, don't quote blocks of text.

Third, by your logic it'd be impossible to quantify the feats of any gag comedy series. Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse would not have profiles.

If it happens in the story it happens in the story. It doesn't matter if it's a gag or not. Unless it's an outlier (which it isn't given the scope of the series), it's still something to be used and analyzed.

This isn't Looney Toons, or Popeye the Sailor Man. There is a clearly defined difference between a gag, and comedy feat. In any case, this is consistent with other durability feats in the series.

@Blacke

Besides, you screaming outlier outlier doesn't hold any water either.

Izuku took a punch from Muscular and came out of it with only a broken arm. If he was that much weaker, his arm would have exploded.

For the last time....stop using this as some gag feat! Boku no Hero is not a gag anime. Though I guess I can see what y'all r saying (somewhat) cause yes this was a comedy scene for Mei, for all we know in something serious she could had actually died in that explosion (using the Mei scene for an example).

@Versus U were also somewhat correct in the AGK revision

Also we don't even know if Mei was close to that explosion she could had been farther away from it

Ex: I remember when I was near an explosion (no one died thank goodness) but I was far away from it. The moment it exploded (I saw it) the explosion was small but then I was thrown away cause of the air blast yet not a single of the explosion flame touched me

BlackeJan said:
Also we don't even know if Mei was close to that explosion she could had been farther away from it

Ex: I remember when I was near an explosion (no one died thank goodness) but I was far away from it. The moment it exploded (I saw it) the explosion was small but then I was thrown away cause of the air blast yet not a single of the explosion flame touched me
@Reppuzan

No yur comparing a H2H combat fighter to a support type character who just sits in the back & help out. Deku is FAR stronger then Mei & not only that he trained his body as well so of course he would (luckily) be able to come out of w/ a broken arm. If it was Mei she would had died

EDIT: why did this quote my own message when I meant to Merge it w/ my post above?

Back