• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Revisions

After all of this, I'm honestly neutral on whether or not these changes go through.

The All Might upgrade seems to have been applied, but the Hatsume stuff seems to be getting murkier and murkier.

Well, the calc is not wrong, it has already been evaluated.

Therefir said:
I don't know, quirkless Deku being 8-C is a possibility now.
Let us please not go down that road again.

When your calcs are make no sense with the consistency of the verse and are misleading, then you have to face that calcs and bad scaling are the not the sole ways of detirming how strong characters are.

I'm against Hatsume getting an upgrade, or rather I'm against almost every other character in the verse getting an upgrade because of her getting an upgrade.

And Deku only needs to be 2 times stronger than Hatsume to be 8-C.

Your are against everything honestly, if it wasn't for me MHA mid tiers would be still 8-B, Hatsume being 9-A is consistent with Shinso harming Deku, who in that time have 8-C durability.

Does Quirkless Deku's dura really scale to 5-20%? One For All should enhance durability. Unless you want to beleive All Might can take High 7-A attacks in his skinny form.

Quirkless Deku can withstand Bakugou's explosions.

And All Might's skinny form wasn't his true form before the wound in his stomach.

Therefir said:
And All Might's skinny form wasn't his true form before the wound in his stomach.
No? Don't we see flashbacks of All Might prior to even becoming a pro hero that he was skinny?

And despite what Bakugou says all the time, he wasn't really trying to kill Deku. I mean... he wants to be a hero too. Deku usually takes angry explosions while Full Cowl is active. Hell, most of his most impressive dura feats are with Full Cowl active

Therefir said:
Quirkless Deku can withstand Bakugou's explosions.
Bakugou's explosions that he used against Deku simply weren't as powerful as his strongest explosions. That's a simple explanation right there. His power output varies.

Shinso harming Deku with a punch to the face isn't justification for the entire verse to be 8-C.

Therefir said:
Your are against everything honestly, if it wasn't for me MHA mid tiers would be still 8-B, Hatsume being 9-A is consistent with Shinso harming Deku, who in that time have 8-C durability.
I'm against upgrades that don't make sense. It's not my fault if people keep proposing them again and again.

@VersusJunkie54 Yes, and young All Might is not skinny at all.

Not this shit again... we already discussed this, Bakugou wasn't restraining himself.

Bakugou's not a psychopath. His ordinary attacks aren't delivered with the attempt to kill or cripple people that he's sparring against...

Therefir said:
@VersusJunkie54 Yes, and young All Might is not skinny at all.
Not this shit again... we already discussed this, Bakugou wasn't restraining himself.
Well he's certainly not the beefcake we see when he's using One For All. Again, in a flashback with Gran-Torino training All Might, we see a skinny All Might,

Then it it may just be an outlier. And Bakugou is not a murderer, even if he hates Deku. I see no reason why he wouldn't restrain himself.

Why would he try to kill someone if he wants to be a Hero just as much as Deku?

@Damage3245 Your only argument is that "it does not make sense" but the feat is still there and is consistent with the 8-C feats.

Well he's certainly not the beefcake we see when he's using One For All. Again, in a flashback with Gran-Torino training All Might, we see a skinny All Might,

Because he was young, of course he becomes stronger because in that flasback he can't even beat Gran Torino.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Why would he try to kill someone if he wants to be a Hero just as much as Deku?
Bakugou is not going to kill anyone because he is a hero, but that does not mean he always restrains himself.

Therefir said:
Because he was young, of course he becomes stronger because in that flasback he can't even beat Gran Torino.
So you just admitted that All Might was skinny, even when using One For All at one point. Thus, One For All enhances durability as time goes on. Quirkless Deku having 8-C+ dura is really questionable. Especially when the vast majority of the time he takes 8-C+ attacks are when Full Cowl is active.

Surviving a 9-A blast is consistent with a powerup buffing your AP and Dura to 8-C+

@Damage

I'm pretty sure the guy who screams "die germs" at the top of his lungs while brushing his teeth wouldn't hold back against someone when he is extremely angry and dislikes him/her.

@VersusJunkie54 One For All does not increase durability, when Deku gets hurt a lot he loses Full Cowl, and can't use 100% because his durability is too low, All Might was buff before the operation.

Therefir said:
@Damage3245 Your only argument is that "it does not make sense" but the feat is still there and is consistent with the 8-C feats.
It doesn't make sense because it is inconsistent. And the feat may be there, but that doesn't mean it scales to every single character. There are no 'power levels' in MHA that say "If Hatsume is this power level and she survived this explosion, then every other character in the series is at least this durable too".

> I'm pretty sure the guy who screams "die germs" at the top of his lungs while brushing his teeth wouldn't hold back against someone when he is extremely angry and dislikes him/her.

Bakugo has an explosive personality and anger issues. That doesn't mean he's stupid or insane. He knows not to throw lethal attacks around and he knows when to do the right thing. Especially in a fighting tournament for students when he's not fighting villains.

Actually there are, and Hatsume's power is 1.

Bakugou said he was fighting seriously against Uraraka, this argument is rather pathetic, you have to going for the kill to be able to scale or what?

Therefir said:
Actually there are, and Hatsume's power is 1.
Bakugou said he was fighting seriously against Uraraka, this argument is rather pathetic, you have to going for the kill to be able to scale or what?
Once again, taking his opponent seriously =/= using full-power explosions proven by the manga. We've been over this already.

Yeah, we've been over this already, and we concluded that Deku and Uraraka scale so let's drop this.

We did it, Bakugou holding back against Deku is not logical considering how much he hates him.

Speed feat I assume? Where did it happen? What chapter?

it was the ch that All Might was teaching Deku long range attack & Mei gave Deku better gloves

Another thing, why is Deku at 5% and 8% scaled to Building Level+ and his 100% only Large Building Level+. Simple math would dictate that Deku's 100% ranges in at City Block Level, and that his 20% is Large Building Level.

Steve Rogers1 said:
Another thing, why is Deku at 5% and 8% scaled to Building Level+ and his 100% only Large Building Level+. Simple math would dictate that Deku's 100% ranges in at City Block Level, and that his 20% is Large Building Level.
We don't use multipliers like this in fiction. IIRC somewhere it was stated that Deku's 100% was equal to All Might's 1%. Assuming weakened All Might, that would mean Deku's 100% would be 7-B.

This is kinda why we don't scale this way. And besides, High 8-C+ 100% is consistent with being >>>>>>>> 8% One For All.

Speed feat I assume? Where did it happen? What chapter?

it was the ch that All Might was teaching Deku long range attack & Mei gave Deku better gloves

^^^^

Back