• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Therefir

How the heck do you get Deku and Muscular > All Might + All for One?

Those two are still top-tier. They would just end up scaling upward due to being vastly superior.

~Ignoring how many times Deku 100% hit Monster Chisaki before that.

And Chisaki was still conscious after that.

For the record, I don't have much of a problem with the regular stat changes Damage outlined in the OP, I'm just taking offense with the whole "Deku having the strongest Quirk in the series is an outlier."

"How many times Deku 100% hit Monster Chisaki before that."

You mean once?

Deku repeatedly punched Chisaki over and over just to make sure he was unconscious. He says that in the narration.

"I can take advantage of that gap... and not give you the chance to recover again!"

Chisaki couldn't do jack against 100% Deku.

@Therefir

Todoroki won because Deku's hand and arm were already smashed to pieces from trying to help him.

@Therefir

That's exactly what I was referring to.

Deku hit him once before going for a beatdown that left Chisaki completely unable to react and utterly unconscious. He had no time to react or tank a hit.

He was conscious

The problem that I have with this if that we had to threat every time Deku used 100% as an outlier, except the time he clashed with Todoroki, that doesn't make any sense.

@Therefir

Last I recall Deku only used 100% against Muscular before the doctors told him that his arms would be paralyzed if he kept using 100% recklessly, hence his switch to Shoot Style. So no, not really an outlier since only Muscular was able to overpower his unbroken arm's 100% and only by pushing past his limits to a dangerous extent was Deku able to beat him.

I still say that Chisaki tanking 100% is an outlier given that Mirio was beating the everloving crap out of him despite lacking a physical enhancement Quirk like Aizawa.

@Therefir

Just because something is useless for versus debating doesn't mean it's exempt from basic scaling logic.

Anyways, Deku's 100% key was always useless, and now even more with the downgrades, I still don't know why you all want 8-A Deku, no one scale and it can be used in battles.

Monster Chisaki should be High 8-C with Aiden's calc.

@Therefir

Again, just because it's useless in a versus debate does not mean that it's not going on a profile.

That's fine if Chisaki is going to be High 8-C. 100% should still be 8-A via scaling due to Deku managing to punch All Might and turn his head aside, being more powerful than Bakugou wiping out an entire street, and should at least be comparable to Todoroki's full power as the strongest Quirik in the series.

Is not only useless but counterintuitive too.

Deku never attacked All Might with 100%.

Wasn't the 8-A rating debunked or something?

I wouldn't use Deku pushing All Might away as justification. A character can push another, but it doesn't mean they harmed them.

Ben 10 7-A's have staggered High 5-A characters. But they don't scale.

@Therefir

Still doesn't change the scaling and it's not counterintuitive because you say so.

I know that, but the fact that Deku can even turn All Might's head aside at all and make him loosen his grip on Bakugou means that the so-called gap you're talking about isn't as wide as you think it is.

@Versus

No one of the calc post rejected it, so no. The users here were claiming it was an outlier because it doesn't match their proposed scaling even though it's explained that One for All and Todoroki are outliers.

Still doesn't change the fact that One for All is ridiculously strong relative to every other Quirk in the series.

Alright, just making sure. Though I agree with you on the fact that One For All is the strongest in the series. Hell, it's been repeatedly established as being so.

@Therefir

You also keep forgetting switch out the categories when you're editing the profiles since most of 1-A isn't Tier 8 anymore.

I'll assist with the changes soon.

What are we going to do about Snipe? I don't even think this profile should exist to be honest.

@Damage

He shot holes in Tomura, so he should still scale to most other Pro Heroes.

So he used a gun to shoot a villain. That tells us nothing really about his speed, durability, lifting strength or striking strength. The only known thing is that he has Homing Attacks, and his gun shoots bullets capable of harming Tomura.

@Damage

He's fast enough to shoot Villains before they can hurt the students and as a Pro Hero he really shouldn't be weaker than Aizawa since he was trusted to perform the Final Exams.

That doesn't require a great deal of speed on his part, does it? Just the speed of his bullets.

Why would taking part in the final exam make him equally as strong Aizawa? All Might took part in it too, yet all of the other teachers are significantly weaker than him.

What tier should be Muscular? And lol I completely forget about Snipe.

Deku stated that he could defeat him if Aizawa erased his quirk.

@Repp

I just lost composure because of your vague argument and reasoning.

"Shouto being an outliet" and "OFA is the strongest" are two things that with 8-A are nonsense, but with High 8-C still work (Shouto and Deku's OFA would above both classmates and most heroes)

8-A is an outlier when most students and heroes are just 9-A to 8-C, and the strongest are Low 7-C

And if it is an outlier for Muscular, why not for Shouto and Deku? I mean, if something, Muscular would make more sense

Aiden, try to understand that this:

"8-A is an outlier when most students and heroes are just 9-A to 8-C, and the strongest are Low 7-C"

This doesn't make sense. It is not a valid argument.

Characters which are explicitly more powerful than the norm are allowed to be more powerful than the norm. Don't you remember numerous pro heroes being blown away by how powerful Deku and Todoroki were?

Outliers aren't outliers when they're acknowledged in the story and there is a reason for them to be so powerful.

Deku does not need to be 8-A to impress everyone, since almost everyone in the verse are just 9-A.

Therefir said:
Deku does not need to be 8-A to impress everyone, since almost everyone in the verse are just 9-A.
I didn't say he needed to be 8-A to impress everyone. But there's no denying that someone that is 8-A would be impressive.

Todoroki's fire have been calced at High 8-C, so I don't know why we scale Deku from Todoroki's ice.

And that will fix all the inconsistencies about Muscular and Chisaki.

@Therefir

Did you not read the calc I posted? Todoroki's maximum ice power was calced at 8-A.

There's no reason why his maximum firepower would be weaker than his maximum ice power given that they needed to cancel each other out by necessity to maintain Todoroki's body temperature.

I don't see what's so inconsistent about scaling One for All to Todoroki's fire when they were the only two Quirks in the entire tournament to make Midnight and Cementoss panic enough to intervene.

@Aiden

So would an 8-A feat.

One for All and Half-Ice-Half-Fire are explicitly top tier Quirks head and shoulders above literally everything else in the class.

I don't see why it's so hard to accept this.

Having more feats at the lower end of the scale does not invalidate being scaled to higher feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back