• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Does Shigi have two layers of Soul Resistance? The first layer being the dark mass which could block the OFA souls (6 souls), and second layer the barrier that blocked Deku from reaching him (2 souls)?
Technically yes. Though as you said his second defense is weaker than his dark mass.

I say technically because that term, layers, means something different here in Vs Battles. And I'm not sure of how that would qualify, I don't fully understand it myself.

Last edited:
Technically yes. Though as you said his second defense is weaker than his dark mass.

I say technically because that term, layers, means something different here in Vs Battles. And I'm not unsure of how that would qualify, I don't fully understand it myself.

So Potency is derived from the Hax' effects, the number of individuals affected or involved, and the number of layers of resistance it can go through.

So that'd make the totality of Shigi's Soul Manip Resistance 1 Layer of Resistance towards Soul Manip of at most 7 Souls (OFA souls + Deku)?

Does Shigi have two layers of Soul Resistance? The first layer being the dark mass which could block the OFA souls (6 souls), and second layer the barrier that blocked Deku from reaching him (2 souls)?

I say technically because that term, layers, means something different here in Vs Battles. And I'm not sure of how that would qualify, I don't fully understand it myself.
That'd actually just be 1 layer.

The dark mass would just be the base level of resistance and the barrier would be the first layer of deeper potency

We don't consider a base level resistance to be a layer

I hear that the weather lady had to apologize for misreporting Deku final punch, so his punch didn't clear weather across the planet for a week?

Well we got the soul/AFO/OFA revision out of the way, next up gonna be AP?
Lower Tier revisions. I'm still trying to work everything out, but it has the potential to be more controversial than the Top/God Tier changes at the worst.

At best, nothing changes by anything significant or at all, but the current scaling will be further solidified.

This might have been discussed but now that it's animated, should Deku being moving like multitudes FTL since he's blitzing someone who at the very least should be relativistic then blitzing that same blitz several times over?

This might have been discussed but now that it's animated, should Deku being moving like multitudes FTL since he's blitzing someone who at the very least should be relativistic then blitzing that same blitz several times over?

that's not how that works here, he's already FTL in gearshift but using Rel reactions to calc a blitz for this would be a form of calc stacking

We really need to rework that rule.
Nah its fine its just ro prevent calc stacking since we're using a calculated value to begin with to scale them from, its different when you have someone who has a narrative or author statement about how fast.

Like of horikoshi said Tomura can react to percieve thinga at near light speed or gave an explicit number then that'd be usable but since no such statements exist using a calculated value to try and justify a higher rating in another calc doesn't work.

Or else you could get a low subsonic speed series to like supersonic+ ~ hypersonic by using calculated values to justify trying to say "they have x reactions canonically so we can use this in calcs"

Nah its fine its just ro prevent calc stacking since we're using a calculated value to begin with to scale them from, its different when you have someone who has a narrative or author statement about how fast.

Like of horikoshi said Tomura can react to percieve thinga at near light speed or gave an explicit number then that'd be usable but since no such statements exist using a calculated value to try and justify a higher rating in another calc doesn't work.

Or else you could get a low subsonic speed series to like supersonic+ ~ hypersonic by using calculated values to justify trying to say "they have x reactions canonically so we can use this in calcs"

Ok, but what about projectiles. I remember there being a rule that calcs for Guns are allowed. We could use Lady Nagant's bullet speed in the Faux 100 calc. The shot she took at Shigaraki is slower than the one she took at Overhaul, Broken Barrel vs a Amped up Shot.

There is a reason Nagant's bullets are only using the fastest sniper rifle velocity in the current calcs.

Using any calculated speed results for Nagant's bullets will probably lead you to MFTL MHA. Which is absolutely funny but would be way above the bullshit meter.

Due to the end of MHA, I imagine the English translation of Team Up Mission volume 5 went unnoticed
Here is a small list of interesting things I saw per chapter, trying to see every little thing (because Team Up Mission usually doesn't give much away when we refer to power scaling)
Obviously don't expect a thread from this, otherwise it would get in the way of those who are trying to finish updating the verse, also, there is hardly anything .

Chapter 24 (Isle twixt dreams and reality)

Deku and Bakugo are called by Gran Torino for a special training that All Might also went through: surviving on a desert island

-Part of All Might's training was to survive on his own on an island
-Bakugo builds a small shelter for himself alone (intelligence feat)
-Both Midoriya and Bakugo are able to catch Gran Torino, but clearly neither of them were giving their all (neither Gran Torino was using his maximum speed, nor were Deku or Bakugo using their quirks in general)

-In general both Deku and Bakugo gain some experience surviving on an island.

Chapter 25 (U.A Grand Cleanup)

In the middle of cleaning, the teachers tell Class A about a time capsule they buried at UA, meanwhile, Uraraka accidentally finds it and thinks it's something else.

-Uraraka is good digging with a shovel
-A time capsule is able to resist Deku and Kirishima at their "maximum effort"
-Uraraka is able to grab the capsule before Hatsume could do anything (probably blitz)

Chapter 26 (Prospective students day in U.A)
Third year students go to U.A to see the different courses and which one they will try to enroll in when the time comes

-Vine can control her quirk more specifically (by the way, I just read her intelligence section, it needs to be updated)
-Another resistance to electricity feat for Bakugo? he doesn't seem to take any visible damage (Probably not)
-Nice use of Bakugo's quirk to make a small smokescreen and send a bandana flying, winning the game
-Again Bakugo realizing something that everyone else takes as him being a bully,
-They give some more information about what the business course does

Chapter 27 (Surreal Heroism)
Deku, Bakugo and Todoroki arrive at a city that looks like an abstract art museum (By the way, the random villains in this chapter have very interesting quirks)

- Super hearing for Present Mic?

Chapter 28 (Oshi no Kinoko, shroom!)
Kinoko, Kendo and Poni have a mission together with Mirko at an idol convention, and pretend to be idols)

-Kinoko has a great knowledge about mushrooms, (this should go into her intelligence)

Chapter 29 (Mochi-pounding rush)
Class A and Class B team up for a mochi-pounding competition, They have to participate in pairs of 2 and the teams are random (quirks on)

- Lifting strength feat for Kodai (last panel)
-Kirishima and Tetsutetsu crushed mochi until their bodies could barely move, is a good stamina feat
-Spiral quirk is used by Momo to give kinetic energy to a automatic mochi-producing machine (That is, with some time Momo is able to create machines)
-Ojiro can use a mochi hammer with his tail | Pony can somehow use her horns to grab the same mochi hammers | Asui also used her tongue to use the mochi hammer
link to the three

Chapter 30 (Time off well spent)
We see what various characters do in their free time.

-Nothing to say, a good chapter, not much to say for profiles
except that Bakugo, Kirishima, Shoto and Sero climbed a snowy mountain

Chapter 31 (Tight reform and unique fashion)
Flashback to see a little more in depth about Bakugo's internship with “Best Jeanist”

-Best Jeanist is able to recreate a clothing design, based on knowing the creator's old works and his habits when making them, although the design was so broken as to be unrecognizable (intelligence feat?)

Overall it was good, I liked it more than the previous volume

Last edited:
Man I hope the team up missions has some chapters of the time skip. Would love to see a deku and Bakugo sparring match or something

I caught up on the MHA anime, and it has really surpassed my expectations. I'm glad I started recently, especially since it seems some of the best episodes, like Deku vs Shigaraki, are being released now. It's surprising to see how fast Deku was able to evolve, since he was stuck at 5 - 20% of OFA for a while. I also decided to buy Vol 37, and despite not reading the manga Horikoshi's art work looks incredibly unique and much different from most manga's I've read, which makes MHA a pleasing manga to read visually while also having a decent anime adaptation.

Back