• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

How strong would be Shiggy or AFO on trigger. I am surprised no villain used enhancement drugs in the final war.

Probably because it makes your brain function improperly along with the chance of Shiggy's body just adapting it out of his system or either of their regen rejecting it.
Would his body just adapt to better utilize it. Also Dabi's brain is already not there anyway. Would have been nice if they used Trigger a plot device to bring Dabi back for round two.

Would his body just adapt to better utilize it. Also Dabi's brain is already not there anyway. Would have been nice if they used Trigger a plot device to bring Dabi back for round two.
Part of what makes Dabi as dangerous as he is is the fact that he can pretty much replicate any move either Endeavor or Shoto throw at him due to his sheer combat skill, so having his brain shut down to basically animal level makes him significantly less of a threat.

Trigger I reckon is not very useful for characters who have already been utilizing their Quirks to its full potential, and is not as useful as techniques that betters the Quirk. Bakugo with Trigger-amped Explosion would be weaker than Bakugo with Cluster.

I do think the drug should've and could've been implemented better in the story. It can give fodders temporary boosts, and it can be a last resort powerup for cornered villains.

Part of what makes Dabi as dangerous as he is is the fact that he can pretty much replicate any move either Endeavor or Shoto throw at him due to his sheer combat skill, so having his brain shut down to basically animal level makes him significantly less of a threat.
His final move was litreally exploding himself by emitting omnidirectional heat. Yeah Trigger would have helped. Also Trigger users retain skill as seen with Serpenters being able to perfectly utilize 4 bladed whips with insane accuracy while cooperating with each other.

So the skill argument doesn't hold up

Who do you all think the top 10 strongest in the verse are? (Ordered)

1. Deku 120% + Overdrive.

2. Shigaraki Completed.

3. Rewind Teen AFO - Stronger than his prime.

4. Prime All Might

5. AFO Prime. (really close between 4 and 5 since All Might was permanently wounded in that fight so it was neck to neck)

7. Gigantomachia (Hurt Prime AFO and was a major help in pinning him down)

8. Star and Stripes - OP quirk but the ones above are way too strong.

9. Bakugo - Visibly damaged Shigaraki and burned his skin.

10. Dark Shadow - Pinned Down afo and made him feel fear for a bit.

If I include movie characters then Nine should be atleast Top 4 or 3 since it took 2 OFA users at 100% to take him. If he had cell activation and regen, bro would be cracked.

And Dark Might probably same level as All Might in his prime.

if-you-need-a-refresher-for-why-servantis-thinks-of-ben-as-v0-bqao73uwaged1.png

Found this. Made me wonder. Grandpa Max vs All Might.

1. Deku 120% + Overdrive.

2. Shigaraki Completed.

3. Rewind Teen AFO - Stronger than his prime.

4. Prime All Might

5. AFO Prime. (really close between 4 and 5 since All Might was permanently wounded in that fight so it was neck to neck)

7. Gigantomachia (Hurt Prime AFO and was a major help in pinning him down)

8. Star and Stripes - OP quirk but the ones above are way too strong.

9. Bakugo - Visibly damaged Shigaraki and burned his skin.

10. Dark Shadow - Pinned Down afo and made him feel fear for a bit.

If I include movie characters then Nine should be atleast Top 4 or 3 since it took 2 OFA users at 100% to take him. If he had cell activation and regen, bro would be cracked.

And Dark Might probably same level as All Might in his prime.
The crazy thing is that even without 120% and Overdrive, Deku is still #1. Fa Jin alone when charged enough would have killed Complete Shigaraki. Then there's the fact that the Quirk Transfer plan, which didn't rely on Gearshift or Fa Jin effectively DID kill Complete Shigaraki by destroying his inner hatred and soul, destroying his body, regeneration, and decay quirk.

Like Deku legit had so many Win Cons if he just said "I'm killing now"

The crazy thing is that even without 120% and Overdrive, Deku is still #1. Fa Jin alone when charged enough would have killed Complete Shigaraki. Then there's the fact that the Quirk Transfer plan, which didn't rely on Gearshift or Fa Jin effectively DID kill Complete Shigaraki by destroying his inner hatred and soul, destroying his body, regeneration, and decay quirk.

Like Deku legit had so many Win Cons if he just said "I'm killing now"
But of course, that's why he's a hero

I honestly feel that the movie coming out might change the outcome of the top 10 depending on how they really hit dark might is equal to prime might but this is how I currently see things as:

1. Deku

2. Shigaraki

3. Prime might

4. Prime afo

5. Stars n stripes

6. Shoto

7. Dabi

8. Bakugo

9. Endeavor

10. Tokoyami

The extra movie tie-in chapter has a good skill/speed feat for all of 1A where they basically perception blitz/evade a bunch of villains who attack them from above. The entire class moves out of the way without any of the villains realizing they moved away.

Am also starting to think dark might quirk has something to do with reality warping or summoning. The new trailer shows him bringing out woods from the ground to hinder Shoto's movement once his goo hit the ground, same wood was also summon to chase bakugo away from him or atleast distract him. Then theirs the old trailer where he summoned bunch of nomus easily or being that looks like nomus.

Anna quirk seems to be a booster type of quirk for amping others and we get to see a big move done by both shoto and bakugo.

Endeavour seems to be burning the ship from the outside with the heat from his prominence burn. Also the butler seems to have lost his arm and eyes when they kidnapped anna since he was shown to have it during a flash back scene in the trailer.

Dark might have shown some cool techniques with his goo. He has shown to be able to shape it into a disk, use it to spring, turn it into a shield as a defence for Bakugo's ap shot and he has also shown to be able to be able to enlarge it in a fist like manner to block shoto flash fire and deku faux 100%.

Lot of good feat from this movie already.

Well there goes my Deku's father theory. Yeah a Shigaraki parallel but much much worse family. I kinda was a bit pissed off at Ochako's self blaming for getting stabbed, especially after the chapter that had Deku admitting being a murderer like wtf. The story does everything in it's power to not call out the log's evil actions.

No confession but this late in the story it's pointless. Still can use OFA. Next week last chapter boys, the end .

Chapter was fairly solid. Bit upset there was no addressing of Deku and Uraraka’s feels, but eh, can’t expect a shonen to follow through on romance until maybe the final chapter.

One more chapter… I am excited to see what note Horikoshi chooses to end on. Frankly he’s already wrote a good ending by my standards, so anything more is just added cherries on top

Honestly if this series end with them still being class 2a then theirs still hope for a sequel and if it end when end when they graduate theirs still more hope for a sequel. I'm curious on how horikoshi will end this series without it looking like theirs still hope for a sequel because that's the vibe this series has been giving me.

I not that worried about the manga sequel due to the probability of shoto and bakugo getting their own novel is still pretty high.

Honestly if this series end with them still being class 2a then theirs still hope for a sequel and if it end when end when they graduate theirs still more hope for a sequel. I'm curious on how horikoshi will end this series without it looking like theirs still hope for a sequel because that's the vibe this series has been giving me.

I not that worried about the manga sequel due to the probability of shoto and bakugo getting their own novel is still pretty high.
nothing scream Hori intrested in doing a sequel at best some lil novels as mentioned b

I on the other hand from some people, am completely glad that no romantic feelings were talked about, because two TEENAGERS talking about the fact they were directly responsible for the deaths of people and still reeling with that fact is not the time for romance.

Deku and Uraraka are both teenagers, not adults. I find it reasonable that they're trying to find a reason that this all happened beyond what they know. Like everyone on the heroes side sees Deku as the greatest, having defeated the strongest villain to ever exist, but he did it via BLOWING UP THE VILLAINS BODY, yeah that's traumatizing for anyone let alone a 17(?) year old. Those two are gonna have trauma for years and blaming yourself is something that is fairly common for traumatic experiences.

Also let's go Granny, doing better round 2

1. Midoriya.
Undisputed Strongest in the verse, can tank Prime AM Level blows with ease, and can kill someone stronger then prime All Might with a single fully charged Fa-Jin strike.

2. Tomura
Would be the Strongest if not for Midoriya's existence. He has alot of hax and such, but he's not able to beat Deku so he's not the strongest, but he is solidly above Prime All Might

3. Prime Toshinori
Blew off Prime AFO's head like a pimple with a single punch, bro was absolutely the strongest of his era for a reason.

4/5. Prime All For One / Bakugou
Rewind AFO was stronger then his prime, and Bakugou still was able to beat the Omni-Unleash Factor Version of that. I don't count Rewind AFO because it needs an item to be done and I'm doing this list for the people themselves without and items. I can't say for sure who's stronger without watching them fight, so they can share a spot.

6. Star and Stripe
New Order is just BUSTED. She has lower Striking Strength then the person directly below her, but longer endurance and New Orders hax put her above.

7. Dabi
Needed Shoto, Endeavor, Rei, Fuyumi, and Natsuo to beat him, and same with the fact Shoto needed Iida and all the endeavor sidekicks to win earlier. The only thing keeping him from being #6 is the fact he does a bunch of self damage.

8. Shoto
He's Stronger then Endeavor by a good margin, and has higher durability then Dabi because he took several flashfire fists from him while Dabi takes self damage from one. However the narrative itself put Dabi above him due to the fact he needed help to reliably win, so I'll just follow that.

9. Tokoyami
Putting Prime AFO onto his back and on the ground before a nuclear combination hits you is a fairly good way to put yourself into the top 10, however he has such an obvious weakness and his light of baldur can be overcome due to the quirks of the other members of this Top 10 (Whether through raw power or light).

10. Endeavor
Managed to beat Weakened AFO while rage boosted fairly handily, and AFO himself is already on this list so he can't take another spot, however without a full power showing against Prime AFO I can't put him any higher

Saw this a few days back and all the comments were just the worst. Like ik a lot of people have a weird stigmatism towards powerscaling or can't understand basic scaling but sheesh these list are RANCID

like MHA is still a narrative first story when it comes to their fights for the most part but like most of these list don't even make sense narratively.

Like Keraunos > Prominence Burn, she says that shit ain't as good as endeavour verbally😭😭

Reading comprehension devil got people in chokeholds

Nothing to say much about the "talk", when it's actually just letting Uraraka express her feelings. Though I like the detail that she was making him float.

Our mysterious character is meant to parallel Tomura, with even the same old lady reaching out to help him.

Some of the wording on the translation is weird, I need to see the officials.

Can't really talk about much when it's mostly just character stuff. I'm curious on what's going to be the final chapter, since I though mysterious boy would've been there. The Izuku and Uraraka stuff was rather small all things considered. Now watch people complained how quickly both of them got over their feelings.

Also, Izuku didn't tell anyone about the OFA embers thing. Which is pretty weird.

Seriously though, we need some kind of moment with Inko. We haven't even seen her in this epilogue at all.

My list is pure power only and nothing else. Not who beats who, and temperature feats are not counting as well.

First: Izuku with OFA (Obviously)

Second: Complete Tomura (Obviously)

Third: Prime All Might (Obviously)

Fourth: Prime All For One (Rewind AFO could be here as well, not going to label him at all, just assume they're the same)

Fifth: Tokoyami (Full Power Dark Shadow)

Sixth: Gigantomachia (Full Power. Yeah I believe Dark Shadow is stronger than Machia)

Seventh: Star and Stripe (Hax don't count as power, she can't produce enough power to overcome Incomplete Tomura's regeneration)

Eighth: Dabi (Full Power)

Ninth/Tenth: Endeavor/Shoto (Both are basically around the same output, nothing puts Shoto above Endeavor, though he lacks Endeavor's weaknesses)

I theorize that Dark Might is placed between Complete Tomura and Prime All For One. Let's see if I'll be right when it comes out.

Also, I'm not putting down All Might and AFO twice in the list. They'd both be above Endeavor in terms of power.

I on the other hand from some people, am completely glad that no romantic feelings were talked about, because two TEENAGERS talking about the fact they were directly responsible for the deaths of people and still reeling with that fact is not the time for romance.

Deku and Uraraka are both teenagers, not adults. I find it reasonable that they're trying to find a reason that this all happened beyond what they know. Like everyone on the heroes side sees Deku as the greatest, having defeated the strongest villain to ever exist, but he did it via BLOWING UP THE VILLAINS BODY, yeah that's traumatizing for anyone let alone a 17(?) year old. Those two are gonna have trauma for years and blaming yourself is something that is fairly common for traumatic experiences.

Also let's go Granny, doing better round 2
This late in the story, doesn't even matter. I kinda hate how confession is treated as end all be all in shonen manga so it's in the last chapters. Even though it's just the starting point.

6 months living together yet not even a conversation about their feelings is the most unrealistic part about their dynamic. They are teenagers. How amazing would it be if they did the confession post Muscular fight where Deku almost dies and we get to see him from a different point of view for the rest of the story slowly building the romance. The reason why I hate Ochako being turned into a romantic interest is not because I don't like romantic subplots but because the plot doesn't move forward at.

Aoyama and Deku have more growth in their interactions than Ochako and Deku do. The same old blushing trope for 10 years straight. 1 year in the story. It's a crying shame because that's just hammering chances of dynamic character writing and a whole section of romance exclusive dialogue 10ft into the ground.

Well if we get do a sequel, I hope they don't just jump over the development with grown up versions of the characters (ahem ahem Naruto, Bleach, every fu**ing shonen ever)

How amazing would it be if they did the confession post Muscular fight where Deku almost dies and we get to see him from a different point of view for the rest of the story slowly building the romance.
The romantic plot began at the exam for the hero license
How could it have even been made possible?
Also, considering that the battle against All for One happens immediately after, including Bakugo's kidnapping, it would be an even worse time for a confession than the ending.

7. Dabi
Needed Shoto, Endeavor, Rei, Fuyumi, and Natsuo to beat him, and same with the fact Shoto needed Iida and all the endeavor sidekicks to win earlier. The only thing keeping him from being #6 is the fact he does a bunch of self damage.
Not to disregard your scaling or anything but you seem to be ranking this character based on who can beat who. So by putting shoto at 8 you think dabi could beat shoto despite the fact that dabi chicken out in their second fight and state that shoto was the best person to defeat him.

Even if you remove endeavor sidekicks from the shoto vs dabi fight, the outcome of their round 1 wouldn't change a thing. Endeavor sidekicks where useless and got stomped by a techniqe meant to distract shoto by putting the sidekicks in harms way, lida was practically useless and couldn't do a thing to dabi in the first place.

Shoto wasn't getting harmed by dabi and if they had a round 2 then dabi suicide-explosion wouldn't even come to play.

I do have questions within most of your scaling but I just wanted to point this one out since it was practically obvious through out the entire fight that shoto is a little bit stronger with a huge advantage on his side.

The romantic plot began at the exam for the hero license
How could it have even been made possible?
Also, considering that the battle against All for One happens immediately after, including Bakugo's kidnapping, it would be an even worse time for a confession than the ending.
Summer camp happens after Mid term Finals. Which means they have already known each for 6 months. Deku was leaving to save Bakugo, perfect moment to make Ochako realize that Deku just had a near death encounter and is going to put himself right in another high risk situation. Ochako tries to stop Deku from going and in desperation reveals her feelings (which happens a lot with real people, desperation brings out everything buried within). Then they have a talk about it after move into dorms.

Simple and mature.

Also no. She was jealous of Mei getting close to Deku since the tournament.

Aoyama pointed out Ochako's crush in the Mid Term Finals. After which she avoided the topic every time it was brought up. The novels which are canon have the Class A and B girls talking about Boys in the summer camp before the LOG attack, when the Deku comes up everyone brushes him aside as Fanboy nerd, she defends him a little before realizing that Ashido is catching on so she again tries her best to avoid the topic of Deku.

6 months is a lot of time. They could written more interactions, they litreally go home together.

You can make a case for Full Power Nine to be placed within the Top 10. It took 2 OFA users to defeat him.
2 OFA users overpowered him. I didn't want to label movie villains, Nine is generally weaker than Tomura. His storm creation is the only thing that places him above.

Which shows how powerful his OG Quirk actually is. Kind of BS that Garaki didn't duplicate it during the time they had him.

It's hard to judge his exact power when he's dying. A healthy Nine would be superior to Incomplete Tomura.

Mentioned Dark Might because he's relevant right now.

Nothing to say much about the "talk", when it's actually just letting Uraraka express her feelings. Though I like the detail that she was making him float.

Our mysterious character is meant to parallel Tomura, with even the same old lady reaching out to help him.

Some of the wording on the translation is weird, I need to see the officials.

Can't really talk about much when it's mostly just character stuff. I'm curious on what's going to be the final chapter, since I though mysterious boy would've been there. The Izuku and Uraraka stuff was rather small all things considered. Now watch people complained how quickly both of them got over their feelings.

Also, Izuku didn't tell anyone about the OFA embers thing. Which is pretty weird.

Seriously though, we need some kind of moment with Inko. We haven't even seen her in this epilogue at all.

My list is pure power only and nothing else. Not who beats who, and temperature feats are not counting as well.

First: Izuku with OFA (Obviously)

Second: Complete Tomura (Obviously)

Third: Prime All Might (Obviously)

Fourth: Prime All For One (Rewind AFO could be here as well, not going to label him at all, just assume they're the same)

Fifth: Tokoyami (Full Power Dark Shadow)

Sixth: Gigantomachia (Full Power. Yeah I believe Dark Shadow is stronger than Machia)

Seventh: Star and Stripe (Hax don't count as power, she can't produce enough power to overcome Incomplete Tomura's regeneration)

Eighth: Dabi (Full Power)

Ninth/Tenth: Endeavor/Shoto (Both are basically around the same output, nothing puts Shoto above Endeavor, though he lacks Endeavor's weaknesses)

I theorize that Dark Might is placed between Complete Tomura and Prime All For One. Let's see if I'll be right when it comes out.

Also, I'm not putting down All Might and AFO twice in the list. They'd both be above Endeavor in terms of power.
No Bakugo?

No Bakugo?
Honestly, completely forgot about him.

Howitzer Impact: Cluster should have more raw power than anything Endeavor did. But his other stuff is inferior.

Ignoring that he would not be in the Top Ten, spot Eleven at the lowest I imagine. Since we know his Cluster shots are stronger than Mirko's attack.

Back