• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Probably because it makes your brain function improperly along with the chance of Shiggy's body just adapting it out of his system or either of their regen rejecting it.
Would his body just adapt to better utilize it. Also Dabi's brain is already not there anyway. Would have been nice if they used Trigger a plot device to bring Dabi back for round two.

Would his body just adapt to better utilize it. Also Dabi's brain is already not there anyway. Would have been nice if they used Trigger a plot device to bring Dabi back for round two.
Part of what makes Dabi as dangerous as he is is the fact that he can pretty much replicate any move either Endeavor or Shoto throw at him due to his sheer combat skill, so having his brain shut down to basically animal level makes him significantly less of a threat.

Trigger I reckon is not very useful for characters who have already been utilizing their Quirks to its full potential, and is not as useful as techniques that betters the Quirk. Bakugo with Trigger-amped Explosion would be weaker than Bakugo with Cluster.

I do think the drug should've and could've been implemented better in the story. It can give fodders temporary boosts, and it can be a last resort powerup for cornered villains.

Part of what makes Dabi as dangerous as he is is the fact that he can pretty much replicate any move either Endeavor or Shoto throw at him due to his sheer combat skill, so having his brain shut down to basically animal level makes him significantly less of a threat.
His final move was litreally exploding himself by emitting omnidirectional heat. Yeah Trigger would have helped. Also Trigger users retain skill as seen with Serpenters being able to perfectly utilize 4 bladed whips with insane accuracy while cooperating with each other.

So the skill argument doesn't hold up

Who do you all think the top 10 strongest in the verse are? (Ordered)

1. Deku 120% + Overdrive.

2. Shigaraki Completed.

3. Rewind Teen AFO - Stronger than his prime.

4. Prime All Might

5. AFO Prime. (really close between 4 and 5 since All Might was permanently wounded in that fight so it was neck to neck)

7. Gigantomachia (Hurt Prime AFO and was a major help in pinning him down)

8. Star and Stripes - OP quirk but the ones above are way too strong.

9. Bakugo - Visibly damaged Shigaraki and burned his skin.

10. Dark Shadow - Pinned Down afo and made him feel fear for a bit.

If I include movie characters then Nine should be atleast Top 4 or 3 since it took 2 OFA users at 100% to take him. If he had cell activation and regen, bro would be cracked.

And Dark Might probably same level as All Might in his prime.

if-you-need-a-refresher-for-why-servantis-thinks-of-ben-as-v0-bqao73uwaged1.png

Found this. Made me wonder. Grandpa Max vs All Might.

1. Deku 120% + Overdrive.

2. Shigaraki Completed.

3. Rewind Teen AFO - Stronger than his prime.

4. Prime All Might

5. AFO Prime. (really close between 4 and 5 since All Might was permanently wounded in that fight so it was neck to neck)

7. Gigantomachia (Hurt Prime AFO and was a major help in pinning him down)

8. Star and Stripes - OP quirk but the ones above are way too strong.

9. Bakugo - Visibly damaged Shigaraki and burned his skin.

10. Dark Shadow - Pinned Down afo and made him feel fear for a bit.

If I include movie characters then Nine should be atleast Top 4 or 3 since it took 2 OFA users at 100% to take him. If he had cell activation and regen, bro would be cracked.

And Dark Might probably same level as All Might in his prime.
The crazy thing is that even without 120% and Overdrive, Deku is still #1. Fa Jin alone when charged enough would have killed Complete Shigaraki. Then there's the fact that the Quirk Transfer plan, which didn't rely on Gearshift or Fa Jin effectively DID kill Complete Shigaraki by destroying his inner hatred and soul, destroying his body, regeneration, and decay quirk.

Like Deku legit had so many Win Cons if he just said "I'm killing now"

The crazy thing is that even without 120% and Overdrive, Deku is still #1. Fa Jin alone when charged enough would have killed Complete Shigaraki. Then there's the fact that the Quirk Transfer plan, which didn't rely on Gearshift or Fa Jin effectively DID kill Complete Shigaraki by destroying his inner hatred and soul, destroying his body, regeneration, and decay quirk.

Like Deku legit had so many Win Cons if he just said "I'm killing now"
But of course, that's why he's a hero

Who do you all think the top 10 strongest in the verse are? (Ordered)
I honestly feel that the movie coming out might change the outcome of the top 10 depending on how they really hit dark might is equal to prime might but this is how I currently see things as:

1. Deku

2. Shigaraki

3. Prime might

4. Prime afo

5. Stars n stripes

6. Shoto

7. Dabi

8. Bakugo

9. Endeavor

10. Tokoyami

The extra movie tie-in chapter has a good skill/speed feat for all of 1A where they basically perception blitz/evade a bunch of villains who attack them from above. The entire class moves out of the way without any of the villains realizing they moved away.

Back