• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I am fascinated by this chapter… I really don’t know what final message Horikoshi wants to leave us with. Deku and Uraraka ending up together is definitely not the main reason for this all. I imagine we’ll have a very poignant conversation next chapter that will effectively set the stage for the final message. Deku and Uraraka were deeply effected by the villains and I can’t wait to see what they choose to do in the future

That title is a dead ringer for Toga, so I imagine we'll be getting information about her at some point.

First-Year girls are too much for Shoto and Bakugo, thankfully Iida has got their back. Also, I love seeing Bakugo telling Prez that the first-years were running in the halls to get them in trouble, while hiding behind him. To the surprise of no one, Bakugo has no idea how to deal with girls at all.

Izuku has an interesting reaction to the student praising him. Izuku's always struggled to accept praise, but here is even worse I imagine. Izuku thinks back to Spinner who called him a murderer, it seems like Izuku doesn't feel like he deserves praise or people saying they want to be like him after he killed Tomura.

He isn't sure how to handle the pain he feels from receiving kindness. I think someone else in the class is also holding back pain in their heart as well.

Class 2-A starts helping with reconstruction. The mini Edgeshot looks absurd, that man who is literally just a bundle of string. Bakugo seems to feel a little bothered by it, I imagine he feels response for Edgeshot ending up in that state. Looks like the civilians are starting to take the lesson to heart and want to become more proactive.

Uraraka is clearly bothered by something heavy and is holding it back, even Tsuyu has caught on to it. I completely forgot the dorms were compulsory at first.

And as expected, it's about Toga. No one knows much about her, no one even saw her end besides Uraraka. The world has moved on past her and they'll all forget her existence, she'll probably just be remembered as one of the original members of the LoV. Though I'm sure Spinner's book won't skimp out on any details towards them.

This pretty much sells it to me, Toga is dead. If she was alive or her body "disappeared", Uraraka would have no reason to act like this. She's spend that time with Toga or trying to find her body in someway. But all she can do now is crying to herself, trying to fool herself into believing she's happy.

Uraraka seems to have a habit of holding back her feelings instead of expressing them.

Izuku and Uraraka likely feel immense guilt over the death of Tomura and Toga respectively. The two of them need to figure out how exactly they're going to deal with this situation now that they have a chance to breath. Of course, neither of them should feel guilty over their deaths.

Both of them choose to die on their own terms. Tomura refused to take Izuku's hand even after destroying AFO and Toga gave up her life for Uraraka's, that was a decision they made. But life isn't so simple, that kind of reasoning doesn't wash their feelings away. As heroes they are responsible for the lives of other people.

This is a strong moment of connection for Izuku and Uraraka here, as he's probably the only person who can somewhat understand how she feels. I can't really imagine or theorize what conclusion they're going to reach, but I'm certain it'll set the entire scene for this ending and how they'll move forward.

We have no hint towards the mysterious person from Chapter 425. Very certain they're going to leave us on their problems for the last chapter. Though I hope we get something with Izuku and Inko, I really need to see him actually come home to her and just talk. This poor woman has been through far too much.

I really hope his arms moment wasn't captured on video.
2 more chapters to go. This epilogue is going extremely well.

I'm glad people are positive in here at least because good Lord. MHA fans on twitter are miserable
I mean duh… Twitter’s hella toxic

It actually kinda annoys me Deku x Bakugo is so popular. I mean it’s a toxic product of ship culture that basically enforces the idea that young men can’t show effection or care for each other unless they’re gay and in love romantically…

It actually kinda annoys me Deku x Bakugo is so popular. I mean it’s a toxic product of ship culture that basically enforces the idea that young men can’t show effection or care for each other unless they’re gay and in love romantically…
I'm pretty sure that isn't the reason of why that ship even exists, considering that Bakugo at the beginning of the series didn't really show any affection or caring for Izuku.
And to be fair that mentality was always used to create hetero ships, it's just now "a problem" because it's used to create gay ships, which makes me think that people only now care because of different reasons, not really because they think that stereotype is toxic

Last edited:

No it doesn't, what do you mean? Even if that was how it ended up, Bakugo would still be friends with Kirishima, Denki, and kind of Todoroki.

Nobody is saying Deku x Uraraka being popular reinforces stereotypes that men and women can't be friends.

No it doesn't, what do you mean? Even if that was how it ended up, Bakugo would still be friends with Kirishima, Denki, and kind of Todoroki.

Nobody is saying Deku x Uraraka being popular reinforces stereotypes that men and women can't be friends.
I'm pretty sure that isn't the reason of why that ship even exists, considering that Bakugo at the beginning of the series didn't really show any affection or caring for Izuku.
And to be fair that mentality was always used to create hetero ships, it's just now "a problem" because it's used to create gay ships, which makes me think that people only now care because of different reasons, not really because they think that stereotype is toxic
Fair and valid points. I guess I just get annoyed that people see Bakugo say something nice to Deku finally and they’re like “He’s so in love!”

And it’s like… Dude… He just said a nice thing… People can be nice without being in love…

But that can be applied to many ships ye. People over-read into everything

Fair and valid points. I guess I just get annoyed that people see Bakugo say something nice to Deku finally and they’re like “He’s so in love!”

And it’s like… Dude… He just said a nice thing… People can be nice without being in love…

But that can be applied to many ships ye. People over-read into everything
It's the typical thing with the "thanks for helping, that was pretty cool... NOT THAT I CARE ABOUT YOU, I'LL BEAT YOUR ASS" characters, people read into that.

Also I thought Deku lost his powers
All Might was in the same position ever since Chapter 2, all the way to his fight with AFO in Kamino.

Right now Izuku has the Embers of OFA, just like what All Might had after passing on OFA. When OFA gets passed on, some of the energy is left within the original wielder, assuming they held onto the Quirk long enough. As seen with All Might, Izuku can use this stored up energy just like when he had OFA.

However, any time he uses this energy it depletes and will eventually run out and leave him powerless. All Might held onto the power for months, but the power decreases even faster the harder you exert yourself. Fighting AFO in Kamino used up everything All Might had, but if the fight never happened he would've had powers for far longer.

Unless Izuku gets into any big fights, he should be able to hold on to the Embers by operating at low power for a good amount of time.

Though as I said before, until the manga completely ends I'm not buying that he'll end up completely powerless.

Yeah he blitzed Shigaraki. Didn't someone make a downgrade post to lowball this feat ?
Not so fast.
ViAXEpL.jpeg

Last edited:
Something that I just realized after rewatching the episode again, when Jeanist challenges Shigaraki to come closer to him and Bakugo, he tries to choke Shiggy with his own cape and Shigaraki just calls his attempt pathetic, neat

Can the cloud split from Tamaki's plasma cannon be calced ?
Yes but it's anime original, meaning we cannot use it for anything.

The speed would've been pretty good if we weren't Relativistic+, I got Mach 300+ for it.
Yeah he blitzed Shigaraki. Didn't someone make a downgrade post to lowball this feat ?
He did blitz Tomura, in both anime and manga version. Anime just made it clear, though it should've been obvious. He flew up to Tomura and exploded his face before he could react to him. The issue was believing that blitzing can't be in different levels, and comparing it to Izuku's feat with Gearshift.

Izuku's blitz against Tomura is vastly superior to what Bakugo did, but that doesn't mean Bakugo didn't blitz him. Blitz doesn't always mean you cannot see your opponent move, it also counts if they cannot react as well. Tomura was looking dead at Bakugo and couldn't react to him flying up to his face.

Tomura could see his movement, but couldn't react fast enough to do anything. Perception is faster than reactions after all. (Unless someone has a special ability)

Bakugo's issue is that he's not certain what he's doing and his reaction speed isn't increased. I'm also certain his speed isn't constant either, he's winging how these explosions work and isn't doing it right all the time. He says as much himself during the fight with AFO, he needs to get the timing down.

Good feat considering Jeanist restrained Gigantomachia.
Jeanist's power depends on the material he's controlling. Tomura's cape isn't comparable to Carbon Fiber cables used to hold bridges up.

Shigaraki being surprised by Bakugo's sudden burst of speed would also be taken into account, as well as the fact that he still got tagged by Tomura. Bakugo also wasn't controlling this newfound technique as well as he did against AFO, so it muddles the entire thing.

As for Jeanist, he was restraining Machia with carbon fibers. I'm sure X-Less's cape is made of some tough stuff but probably not carbon fiber levels of toughness.

He did blitz Tomura, in both anime and manga version. Anime just made it clear, though it should've been obvious. He flew up to Tomura and exploded his face before he could react to him. The issue was believing that blitzing can't be in different levels, and comparing it to Izuku's feat with Gearshift.
The issue I see with this line of view is that in the manga we can visible see Bakugo moving at the same time as Shigaraki's arm, while in the anime Bakugo moves much faster and a far longer distance.

Also that Shigaraki was able to hit Bakugo at the end, without this one being able to dodge it.
Tomura was looking dead at Bakugo and couldn't react to him flying up to his face.
He could have just been surprised by the sudden increase in speed.

Last edited:
Animes been cooking so far love to see it

Being honest, i hope next chapter doesnt have any romance stuff just cause i dont think nows the time, hopefully they have a dialogue of their trauma relating to shiggy and toga and leave it at that

Did Bakugo study Shigaraki as clearly as he did in the manga or was that an anime only scene? I remember him saying "I have to win, right Izuku?" To himself and after he blitz shiggy and shiggy tries to counterattack him, he says right, like he was answering his own question but in the anime it seemed like he was recalling Shigarakis moves from when he was studying him earlier. It's been awhile since I read that chapter but it's pretty cool if that's an anime only scene

Also that Shigaraki was able to hit Bakugo at the end, without this one being able to dodge it.
To be honest I don't get this point. Bakugo is in free fall trying only to hit Tomura with his explosions, not dodge. Given the fact that he is in the same position in two different panels while the last explosion he uses goes all the way out of the panel. At least that's how I interpret it, because otherwise it would be something like Cluster being faster than Cluster.

As for Bakugo moving a similar distance to Shigaraki, could honestly be moving slower at that moment. If we currently accept that Cluster>Bakugo reactions then it wouldn't make sense that he could react to spin in mid-air and not hit the ground with his back. (But I admit that the panel makes it difficult for me to understand Bakugo's position).

But I think there will be a thread for this in the future? So I guess I'll wait for it.

Back